Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2021, 07:45 PM   #1

40IP vibration - Simmons Tire, Muscle Shoals, AL

If anyone has any thoughts on fixing a right front vibration... we are eager to learn...

We have a 2021 Allegro Bus 40IP with tire/alignment/bent wheel issues. Bay Diesel did a great job with a four corner alignment, wheel balance, and right wheel replacement (was found to be bent). After the alignment they reset the "SAFE-T-PLUS as well. Since day one we had a steering pull to the right. They also checked and adjusted ride height. Great improvement! The rig still has a noticeable vibration in the right front. We are planning a trip tomorrow to Simmons Tire Shop near Muscle Shoals, AL at the suggestion of Tiffin. They will check the tire for "round" and the wheel hub for any issues... The coach now tracks straight, however with a noticeable vibration in the right front continues....

After getting an alignment at 5K miles we discovered the right front tire was toe-in .28 which is 2x the normal max. We have now returned to Red Bay from Phoenix to have the tire issues evaluated.

On a related issue when we encountered any rough road surfaces we had to slow down (40-50 MPH) as any moderately rough road surfaces would create an incredible racket in the back. Tiffin at the service center installed the "magic three screws" and 98% of any cabinet noise went away....

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.
JimLuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2021, 08:00 PM   #2

Update: Had the two front tires shaved today... got worse! Was told 98% of the time this works... This may not be a tire issue?
Old 09-26-2021, 09:57 AM   #3

"3 Magic Screws?

Where are these "magic screws" and where do you locate them to stop the cabinets from rattling? I have the same issue with my 2018 Phaeton 40IH.
Wildbillc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLuk View Post
Update: Had the two front tires shaved today... got worse! Was told 98% of the time this works... This may not be a tire issue?

Yes, if the tire is trued ON THE COACH, this is very effective. If trued off the coach, you still need to check run-out once installed.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:26 AM   #5

Magic 3 screws??

Again, does anyone know where these 3 screws are or should be installed??? I really want to stop some ov=f the same noises you hear on rough roads.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:06 PM   #6

WildBill, We have been off line for the last week...

Three Screws go into a metal "flange" placed above the passenger side pull-out in my case... I did not see the specific locations, but when I asked the cabinet shop if they would come loose...The cabinet shop said that they go into metal and will not come loose. Have some one ride with you to confirm where the noise is located. In my case the Tiffin person, placed his hands on the squeak in front of the passenger side fridge and huge improvement... I suggest you do the same and let a friend or tiffin person help you locate them... Other squeaks are solved with "Armoral" spray on any "squeak area" let is work its way to where the squeak is located and this also should help.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:17 PM   #7

I would be focused on run out first. Once the wheel is determined to be perfectly round I would move to spindles, after spindles I would check bearings. There is no driveshaft up front so you basically have a free spinning assembly with braking capabilities. Typically, vibration is tire centric.

You said they shaved the tires, but did you know there is steel belts in the tire and they can break even on new tires. When they brake the main symptom is vibration. Dollars to donuts I bet if you swap you spare with the current tire your problem goes away.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:38 PM   #8

That seems logical to me! I will bring this up my tires are 315/80R 22.5 Michelins. THANKS! JIM
Old 09-29-2021, 07:51 AM   #9

Thanks JimLuk, I wasn't trying to be mean, just put a "bump" in the thread.

I'll try those suggestions out.

Wildbillc

Tags
tire, vibration