Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought a new 37PA there last May and we were very pleased.

The PDI with John was terrific and actually took two days (3-4 hours for two mornings) and he went over everything.

They have on site full hookup sites overlooking their "pond". We actually stayed three nights as we had some stuff added on that took a day or so to get done.

No need for roadside assistance as covered for a year and NO extended warranty either as you have year bumper to bumper coverage with a new coach.

Enjoy the new rig!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2019, 05:52 AM   #16

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Referring to the electric option:

Yes, I believe it is a new addition of configuring the coach.

You would not be able to option the gas oven that can be placed below the gas cooktop if going all electric. Your cooktop would be an induction electric type.

With all electric the two nice features that come on the zephyr I believe is that with all electric it comes with heated floors and instant hot water.

I am thinking hard on it as the heated floors would be nice and to compensate for no gas I think a small BBQ grill and portable gas burner range that could be placed in an outside storage bin along with two 5 gallon propane tanks when we want to use gas to cook outside.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:11 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Soend a couple days near the selling dealer. Getting questions answered and things corrected. Then take a week or two and camp your way towards Red Bay, creating your punch list as you go along. Then have Tiffin factory techs Red Bay clear your punch list.

Imho.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:27 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
Thanks everyone for all the help.
Referring to the electric option:
Yes, I believe it is a new addition of configuring the coach.
You would not be able to option the gas oven that can be placed below the gas cooktop if going all electric. Your cooktop would be an induction electric type.
With all electric the two nice features that come on the zephyr I believe is that with all electric it comes with heated floors and instant hot water.
I am thinking hard on it as the heated floors would be nice and to compensate for no gas I think a small BBQ grill and portable gas burner range that could be placed in an outside storage bin along with two 5 gallon propane tanks when we want to use gas to cook outside.
I don't know if it's an option with the all electric RED, but with our Phaeton we ordered electric heated floors (which we love) but did not get the all electric. We have propane heat, water heater and cook top.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
We opted for the "All Electric" option on our 40IH -- and we couldn't be happier. We also opted for the heated floors (separate option) so be aware that it is
NOT "included" when you select "all electric"

We have NOT missed the propane burner as the induction cooktop system is infinitely adjustable and reacts a lot like gas when cooking. Purchase a good set of induction cookware. There are MANY brands out there so do your research and ask for input.

The micro-convection oven does an adequate job of everything except browning.....imho.....and I do most of the cooking.

One point to consider, the AquaHot (in electric mode) does NOT heat enough hot water (for me, even with the "navy shower") with which to take a shower. We use the "diesel" setting for showering and washing (some) clothes.

Remember that the AquaHot does NOT heat your floors......that's why we have (electric) "floor heat". If I remember correctly, the "electric" aquaHot produces 14k BTU and the "Diesel" setting produces 45k BTU .... that's quite a difference!

Also - the "Electric" setting on the AquaHot will only "keep up" with heating your coach to a certain point. We use the electric AquaHot (furnace) setting along with the heated floors (your floor heat setting WILL vary from from to back). Our front setting is "4" while our back setting is "2" - with essentially the same output level per my infrared heat camera.....and we have found a few "hot spots" and "cold spots".

The HeatPump (on your roof) will not provide "reliable" heat when the outside temperatures go much below ~45*. This is where both the "electric" and "diesel" settings of the AquaHot will come into play and provide heat.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #20

We bought a new 2019 36LA from Sherman and picked it up last September to drive it back to Texas. This was our first motorhome, but I did about 2 years of research. We custom ordered with Andy at Sherman and we did visit Red Bay for our build (when you could still do that). Here are a few recommendations:

1. Block a few days to stay at Sherman. John, the PDI guy does a great job. He is a little chatty, but he knows his stuff. We actually gave them 2 weeks to do a full check of our motorhome before we even arrived.

2. Make list of things to check when you arrive at Sherman. We walked through our detailed test list the first afternoon/evening. We gave a list of things to be fixed to John the next morning. USE EVERYTHING so you know there are no issues.

3. We hadn't driven a motorhome before so we had Andy take us out. I learned pretty quickly and he did a good job giving us pointers.

4. We used an insurance broker named Millers Insurance in Oregon to get our insurance. They shop all options and can get an even better prices than we could. We chose to go with Progressive.

5. FMCA will offer you a year free within a few months of getting your RV.

6. We had to quickly get our coach inspected and titled in Texas. Sherman will give you all of the paperwork, but remember you will pay your sales tax in the state where you title your coach.

7. Tiffin gives you a bumper-to-bumper warranty for the first year. We plan to see how this year goes before deciding on an extended warranty. In most cases you will not use an extended warranty enough. I priced one for 5 years that was very expensive.

8. You get a full year of Roadside assistance (but not with Coachnet anymore). We will probably buy the FMCA roadside assistance after this year.

9. After using our coach for the past 5 months we do have a few things that will need to be fixed. The biggest was a leak in our shower skylight. We almost didn't catch this one as it was only a drop or two down the wall during heavy rain. However, the wall behind the shower was getting soaked. Tiffin helped us get it fixed locally and no more leak. I had to work to fully dry the area and I plan to watch the outside wall carefully to insure no delamination. We plan to make our first Red Bay stop in June to have the remaining items addressed. Again, nothing major just cosmetic and a heater that doesn't run well.

10. Have fun!! Buying a new coach is very stressful. Besides my house, I have never spend this much money. This is our early retirement home and it was important that we got it right. There are a list of things we plan to do before leaving in June. Install an EMS, new towing package for our toad, TPMS, wheel covers, reflectix to reduce sun in some windows.... and so forth. Spend time researching everything.

Congratulations on your new RED order.
whciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:33 PM   #21

I use explorer RV insurance agency. They got me several quotes and I went with Safeco.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:45 AM   #22

My wife's cousin used Bennett Law Firm in Missoula, MT to set up his LLC. You can google it and others. We are going to purchase an RV in the next year for retirement and are planning to do the same. They will send you all the information about the implications for your state and what is involved, costs etc. Looks like a good idea for us but you'll have to make your own decision on that. Good luck
Craigt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:41 PM   #23

We also purchased our RED 33AA from Sherman. It was a fantastic experience with the long hours of walk through with John and the shop's installation of the towing system.

While we were at Sherman RV it was very good to see the detailed inspection they carried out on the new RVs.

There were only two issues that weren't addressed on our RV because of the leadtime of the replacement parts. These two items were taken care of with a visit to the service center a few months later.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, John's knowledge is amazing. But be prepared for the fast flow of knowledge heading your way.
Dzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:31 AM   #24

Thanks again,

Plan to call Bennet today regarding LLC.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, offer