Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2014, 12:47 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Add Hose Bib to Allegro Bus

My 2005 allegro bus has a fresh water hose reel but does not have a place to hook up a hose running from campground water. Unless you hook up a Y at the campground water connection you do not have any way to hook up to the flush jet for cleaning your black tank unless you disconnect the main water line.
Winter is coming and we will be staying in our coach for at least a while this winter so i decided to add a hose bib inside the wet bay so it will be heated.
I took the pex hose and 90 degree fitting off of the end of the reel and disconnected it from the check valve going into the frest water. I went to lowes and bought a brass T, A brass garden hose bib, a brass 1/2 pipe to pex fitting and a 1/2 inch pex swivel fitting. Mount the brass 1/2 pipe to pex fitting on the T. Mount the T to the 1/2 male fitting coming out of the hose reel. mount the 1/2 pex swivel fitting on the end of the check valve. Measure the length of pex you need to connect the swivel fitting to the male pipe fitting coming out of the T. On my unit it was a 1.5 inch piece of pex pipe to connect. Take the T off of the reel and the swivel fitting off of the check valve. Connect the pex pipe between the male fitting on the T and the Pex swivel fitting. Put the T back on the hose reel. On my unit it was hitting the gray water tank line but i could push the reel a bit at the top and get enough room to turn the fitting. Once you get the T half way on to the male fitting on the hose reel you will have enough room to turn normally. When the T gets tight connect the swivel fitting to the check valve. Then attach the garden hose bib to the end of the T and turn on the water and check for leaks. On my installation the end of the garden hose bib was a bit close to the bottom of the wet bay. I had enough rooom to hook everything up with no problem but the hose wanted to kink when i hooked it up. I bought a 90 degree brass hose extender and have it pointed perpendicular to the hose reel. I made up a 3 foot hose to go to the black tank flush fitting. Now all i have to do is hook the short hose to the new hose bib and turn on the handle.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #2

a picture is worth a 1,000 words?