Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2022, 05:20 PM   #15

I opt'd for the RVI system

One display for the dash does:
  • toad brake system
  • Motorhome Tire Pressure/Temp
  • Toad Pressure/Temp
  • Toad Charge line monitor
  • Motorhome Level

They include a data module that is like a hockey puck and both that and the monitor plug into USB power sockets in the coach.

I had multiple systems before this and this one is nice single source for all monitoring.

Help is easy and they do call and Email back quickly if you don't get through on the first call. One time I didn't leave a message and they called me back anyway.

Lots to choose from out there.

Good Travels,
Jack
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2022, 07:53 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I also have the RVi Tire Patrol. The sensors are pre-assigned to the tire position so no question on which sensor goes to which wheel position. I also have the sensors on my Jeep. I can view pressure or temperature. Everything integrates with the Command Center tablet: Tire Patrol, RVibrake3 and Towed Battery Charger.
DznyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:29 PM   #17

TPMS

I purchased the STS TMPS for my 35U adventurer .. I would do it again .. in fact I bought a A-Frame camper and I have modified the frame to a tandem axle so I am purchasing another STS TMPS for this camper .. I am sticking with what I know works ..
gpshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:11 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
TST-507 coach and toad sensors

I bought the TST-507 coach and toad sensors for my Tiffin RED 33AA. I mounted the repeater under the coach near the trailer hitch. There's a switched +12V available there. I did not get the flow thru sensors. I thought they were too tall.

Previously I had 4 Toad sensors that work with my RVI Brake 2. The sensors are obsolete now and RVI can't replace them. That got me to upgrade to a full RV and Toad system. Glad that I did.

Regards, Jerry
Old 02-23-2022, 03:55 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Very pleased with TST. I suggest you buy extra batteries and gaskets. It will come in handy when you need it. I had one of my batteries die prematurely. Glad I had the extras.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:11 AM   #20

I've had the TST system since they first came on the market. I upgraded to the color monitor when it became available. The product is accurate and dependable plus, they have excellent customer service if needed. Having said that, probably any brand of TPMS on the market today will give good service.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:35 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Do any of these systems have an android app to monitor the sensors? I'm looking to install an android based radio, and it would be great if I wouldn't have to add another display.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Happy with RVi products

I also have the RVi system, and have been very happy with performance and customer support. The one down side to TPMS monitors from RVi is that you cannot change the batteries yourself, you have to request replacement monitors from RVi at $15 per monitor (e.g. $90 for a pack of six).

As intercept mentioned, I wanted to have one system and one monitor. I already had the RVi brake and battery charger for my toad, so adding the TPMS made sense.
Old 02-23-2022, 11:11 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
I went through this same process of buying a new TPMS a couple years ago. When I did some research I found this.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/whi...-378923-8.html
75% of the responders use TST.

My previous TPMS did not have replaceable batteries, this was a must for me, TST has it.
My previous TPMS lost signal often even with the extender that I had to buy separate. TST includes an extender but I installed mine without it and I have not had a problem with signal loss.

I also like that the TST has an internal battery that lasts a long time.

The cost of the TST507 was very competitive so that's what I bought. It was easy to set up, so far I'd recommend the TST to anyone else.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:22 PM   #24

I have a eztire. I think I need a extender.They go of line once in a while. Did you tie into the engine batteries ? My coach is plugged in all the time or running so their would be no worry about draining the batteries. Thanks Dan 2015 tiffen Pheaton
jetman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:20 AM   #25

JohnCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCZ View Post
Were you using the booster with your TT600? I have had good service since I started to use the booster near the rear of the coach, in a basement bay that had 12 volts available.

Still, it might be that the TireMinder has a stronger communication link?
I was using the remote, and tried several locations for it. I would get all tires reading at first, then while going down the road I would get one give a signal loss error, if I pulled over and looked at it, no apparent issue, and take of again it would come back alive on its own. This could happen several times on different tires on an average drive day. Drove me crazy though. I wanted to reply on it and couldn't. A different long story, but one of those loss of signal issues turned out to be real and cost me 2 tires and some serious damage to the surrounding bays as an inner dually went down after losing a valve stem extension. All I got was the loss if signal and had been getting them all day so I ignored it. My bad. Turns out there is a Freightliner recall for this issue and I am working with NORVC to get it handled in a month or so.

Bottom line I have had no false reading or drop offs with the TireMinder so its now my go to. Your mileage may vary, as I bought the TT based on the recommendations here on the forum, it just didn't work out for me.

Scott
Old 02-24-2022, 12:57 PM   #26

Spartan Chassis
I purchased the older B&W screen Vesafe unit for the Dutch Star and it worked flawlessly. I sold it with the rig and at last check (recently), it is still working fine. When we bought the Marlin, I purchased the EEZTire unit from the Amazon with 10 sensors. It worked fine when connecting. It worked on the test run. Once the display was turned off and back on (a few days later on a 100 mile trip), the sensors never reconnected - not even the one on the tire which was only 6 feet away from the display. I re-reconnected the sensors, and again, they worked fine, until the display unit was turned off and back on. I packed that mess up, returned it to Amazon, and purchased the TireMinder i10 unit to replace it. Never been happier!
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #27

A lot of good information here. We plan on buying a new to us coach soon, and removing the TST sensors from the fifth wheel for use on the new coach. Is it difficult to install the sensors on the inner dual?
Old 09-09-2022, 09:54 AM   #28
Community Moderator

Is it difficult to install the sensors on the inner dual? No, if you have stainless steel stem extenders of the correct angle that extend outside the rim.

Tags
tpms