Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2022, 04:10 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Adding TPMS

New to the forum and glad to know you ae all here! Yea re about to pull the trigger on a 2019 OpenRoad 36LA which has pretty much everything we need accept a TPMS. What does to add a quality system for the Coach tires and how much more to add one for a toad. I'm thinking of parts and installation cost.

I would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.
Dr.Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2022, 05:07 PM   #2

I am more than satisfied with out TST tpms. Assuming you’ll want 10 sensors, 6 for the coach and 4 for the toad. If you opt for flow thru sensors on your coach, the price could go up a bit, but suspect you can get the regular sensors and color monitor for around $700. Real easy to program and install. Make sure you get an antenna as well to ensure the toad sensors are picked up by the monitor.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 05:31 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There are several companies who sell add on TPMS systems. Generally, there's a monitor that's placed in view of the driver and individual sensors that replace the valve caps on each tire. Those sensors, once programmed to the receiver, transmit a pressure and temperature for each tire. Those are all easily installed by the user; no need to pay someone to install the system.

Programming the sensors to mate with the receiver isn't too difficult, if you carefully follow the provided instructions.

Some receivers offer a color display, others have a grey scale display.

Some owners find that, for a longer coach with some possibility of signal interference or loss, the addition of a repeater make the toad readings more reliable. That's usually an easy user install; just find a source for 12v dc and a location to install the repeater.

Two systems that you might consider:

EEZRV TPMS $539 (10 sensors) https://eezrvproducts.com/shop/ols/p...itoring-system

TST TPMS $531 (6 sensors)
https://tsttruck.com/507-series-6-rv...r-display.html

4 additional sensors $231
https://tsttruck.com/507-series-6-rv...r-display.html

You'll likely get many various opinions of which one is best.

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-12-2022, 08:09 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Steve View Post
New to the forum and glad to know you ae all here! Yea re about to pull the trigger on a 2019 OpenRoad 36LA which has pretty much everything we need accept a TPMS. What does to add a quality system for the Coach tires and how much more to add one for a toad. I'm thinking of parts and installation cost.

I would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.
I just installed the TireMinder i10 RV TPMS with 10 Transmitters purchased from Amazon. I paid $393 on January 20, but see it is now $479; Guess inflation is real.

We just completed a 500 mile round trip with it installed and it performed as expected. We have a class A 2021 Open Road 34PA; placed 6 sensors on the motorhome and the other 4 on the Wrangler we tow behind.

I like the way it displays alternating two screens between the motorhome and TOAD. I was able to read the display with polarized sunglasses on. An example of how it works... the four rear motorhome tires started cold at 94 PSI and typically climbed to about 104 PSI as they warmed up. I did get a high pressure alarm for the two inside rear tires when they reached 112 PSI after descending a long steep grade; this didn't concern me because I knew it was due to braking warmup, though I was also using low gears for controlled descent. Now that I've seen how consistant the pressure increases with warm up, I may lower my cold pressure a bit.

If you decide to go with this unit, I can share some pics of how I installed it.

Here is an interesting video comparing this unit with another popular brand...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
kandcbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 10:13 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I've been pleased with how well the Tire Tracker TT600 has worked. Sensors on the MH and toad. I have found that the included booster provides a more reliable signal for the toad, especially as the sensor batteries get a lil weak. $399 for the 10 sensor system, booster included.
JohnCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:52 AM   #6

Really happy with my tire minder a1as. The original signal booster that came with the packaging was bad, so contacted the company and they shipped one out. Great system and easy to use and see the pressures while driving.
DaveAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 12:22 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
EEZ provided us with a free booster just by proving we have a Tiffin. Whole system works great. Found out we had a screw in a rear tire on the day we installed it. Saved us more than it cost. Haven’t heard anything good about the flow thru sensors.
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:11 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger97 View Post
EEZ provided us with a free booster just by proving we have a Tiffin. Whole system works great. Found out we had a screw in a rear tire on the day we installed it. Saved us more than it cost. Haven’t heard anything good about the flow thru sensors.
Wow. Very similar experience. We were about to take a trip last summer. When i went to storage to do some routine pre-trip checks a couple days early, I turned on our TT-600 and found the inside rear, PS tire at 35 PSI.
Turned out to be a small screw between the threads just barely punctured through. About 45 minutes for a local big rig tire shop to repair.
But, without a TPMS (or a pressure gage check) no way I would have found this. With the other tire right next to it, the punctured tire didn't look flat.
Old 02-14-2022, 07:18 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCZ View Post
Wow. Very similar experience. We were about to take a trip last summer. When i went to storage to do some routine pre-trip checks a couple days early, I turned on our TT-600 and found the inside rear, PS tire at 35 PSI.
Turned out to be a small screw between the threads just barely punctured through. About 45 minutes for a local big rig tire shop to repair.
But, without a TPMS (or a pressure gage check) no way I would have found this. With the other tire right next to it, the punctured tire didn't look flat.
We found 5 screws in the tires from assembly, only the one was in between the tread and caused a leak.
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #10

Super happy with my TST-507 coach and toad sensors. I installed the signal booster in the battery bay. I've had a few signal drop outs with the inboard rear coach tires but that was solved with new batteries in the sensors. Also comforting to note that when I changed the batteries I did not have to re-program the sensors.

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:05 AM   #11

+1 for TireMinder. So far no dropping off sensors like I had with TireTracker TT600. 10 sensors coach and toad. Toad sensor alerted me to a missing chunk of tire before I had a blowout on it.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:39 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttkd View Post
+1 for TireMinder. So far no dropping off sensors like I had with TireTracker TT600. 10 sensors coach and toad. Toad sensor alerted me to a missing chunk of tire before I had a blowout on it.
Were you using the booster with your TT600? I have had good service since I started to use the booster near the rear of the coach, in a basement bay that had 12 volts available.

Still, it might be that the TireMinder has a stronger communication link?
Old 02-22-2022, 03:53 PM   #13

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
I spent a pretty dollar on a quality name brand TPMS and all it has done is give me false alarms and problems. I no longer use it (waste of money). I check my tires at every stop and keep the pressures where they should be. Just my two cents worth. Happy camping.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 04:01 PM   #14

I’ve been very happy with my EezTire. I have 10 sensors between the moho and toad. The free booster/repeater was needed for good toad connectivity.
Kxbronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms