RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Air Pump

Hi Guys,
does anyone who has an air mattress in their Allegro know what the model number it is are where I can find one.I can't find it in the 13 36LA we purchased last week.Thank you all,also I am having trouble hooking of the Dish 211z with the main TV in living room.One of the techs at the dealer said I needed to get the 211k or the 411.Does that sound right.Tks for all your help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 08:16 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Call Tiffin parts

Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:03 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The IR blasters in the Tiffins are not friendly to Dish receivers. You can get one from Tiffin specifically for Dish recievers....If you get the right person and whine a little you might get it for nothing
I have the 211z and it works fine with the new blasters.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaw.1 View Post
Hi Guys,
does anyone who has an air mattress in their Allegro know what the model number it is are where I can find one.I can't find it in the 13 36LA we purchased last week.Thank you all,also I am having trouble hooking of the Dish 211z with the main TV in living room.One of the techs at the dealer said I needed to get the 211k or the 411.Does that sound right.Tks for all your help.
We bought our motorhome (2014 34TGA) used and I had to look for awhile but eventually found the air pump in a small brown box in a cabinet above the door. Mine is this:

Amazon.com - Air Dream Replacement Inflator - Air Bed Mattresses

On Air Comfort Air Pump model 600799

It is 110 V AC so you do need generator or shore power to run it. Sounds like a jet taking off but it does the job quickly.

Connections from 211z to your tv's depend upon whether you have HDMI cables or other. Does your bedroom tv lift up? If so there should be a place back there to install your satellite receiver. Otherwise it might be in a cabinet up front. If your location for the satellite receiver does not have an HDMI connection for it, then you may need the 211k. It has a greater variety of connectors.

2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
gorwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

garykk,
I don't mean to sound stupid but,what are IR blasters? I will check into that as soon as I know what your talking about.Tks in advance for your help.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Its not the remote I am having trouble with.Its the cables.They did not run an HDMI cable where the receiver has to go in the bedroom cabinet.It has the blue,green,and red leads and the 211z has the yellow,red,and white with HDMI,so I was wondering what I can do besides getting another receiver.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaw.1 View Post
Its not the remote I am having trouble with.Its the cables.They did not run an HDMI cable where the receiver has to go in the bedroom cabinet.It has the blue,green,and red leads and the 211z has the yellow,red,and white with HDMI,so I was wondering what I can do besides getting another receiver.
The 211z does not have the component video output that your system uses. It has only HDMI for high def output and composite (RCA) for old fashioned low def output.
The 211k is an earlier model (discontinued but you can still find them) that has the component video output.
http://www.laaudiofile.com/images/di...er_vip211k.jpg
The link above shows a picture of the back of the 211k. There have been problems with the 211k getting very hot, though.
You might look into various HDMI to component adapters like this link
MyCableMart.com
I have never used an adapter of this sort and I have heard mixed reviews. However, it might be better than looking for a different Dish receiver.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorwig View Post
The 211z does not have the component video output that your system uses. It has only HDMI for high def output and composite (RCA) for old fashioned low def output.
...You might look into various HDMI to component adapters like this link
MyCableMart.com...
I have not figured how or if it is possible to edit an earlier post! I just realized that the link I gave above is for the wrong device. It goes from component video to HDMI. You would need to go the other way, and those adapters appear to be quite a bit more expensive! Good luck!

Old 10-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Gorwig,
I got the right adapter from Amazon,the only thing is they forgot to send the power cord with it so I called the company and they are sending that so I want know if it works or not.Tks. for your iuput.Be Safe