Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #1

I cannot find the cables to dump my air tanks on my 2008 Phaeton QSH. Can some point me in the right direction?

Thank you

That's the way that Lady Luck dances. Roll the Bones..."
grayghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #2

I cannot find the cables to dump my air tanks on my 2008 Phaeton QSH. Can some point me in the right direction?

Thank you

That's the way that Lady Luck dances. Roll the Bones..."
grayghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #3

Me too. We just got a 2008 QSP 40' Bus and when I asked my dealer's coach technicians and I was told that I had to go to the tanks to do it. I haven't been under to check this out, but it's doubtful. I believe Ferightliner puts cables on all three valves, but leaves them coiled on the chassis for the coach builder to install. I'll ask the factory in a couple of weeks, but the truth will be going under and tracing them from the tanks.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #4

I admit I had a similar confusion. I had Freightliner point out mine (05 bus). Two were on the drivers side front inboard forward and aft of the tire, right at the chassis, the other on the passenger front wheel side, to the rear. The 'hoops' were unlikely looking loops of something not too stiff, and I could only reach them by using my awning rod. Got a bunch of nasty rusty liquid from one of them. Maybe your's are in the same location. Good luck.
elgarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Grayghost and Pigman, welcome to IRV2 and the Tiffin Group!

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On my coach, two are on the passenger side frame rail on either side of the front wheel and one on the driver's side frame rail next to the front wheel. They should have been pulled thru the frame rail at the factory. If not, they are probably coiled up on top of the tanks. That's how they're shipped from Freightliner to the manufacturer. Freightliner recommends that you pull them every six months and empty the tanks to keep from getting "nasty rusty liquid" in your tanks. In theory the automatic moisture ejectors expel any moisture every time you step on the brakes. But, as Gary indicated, that doesn't always happen. It would be expensive to replace a rusty tank or clogged system.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #7

Grayghost, We're presently at Red Bay. I found mine. I have a Freightliner chassis and the air tanks are just aft of the front axle between the two frame rails. There are THREE drain valves, 2 on one tank, one forward and one aft, and one on the other tank. Each valve has a piece of cable connected, but the cables are only about 6" long. According to the Tiffin maintenance guys, they couldn't route longer cables anywhere without them hanging up, so they ordered 08's with cables that are VERY short.

John
08 Allegro Bus 40QSP
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #8

My 2000 Bus has pull cords right in front of the front wheels on both sides. Coming out of the frame rails on the top.
auburnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #9

I found mine (40 QDH)!! In the front part of the front wheel wells....I think.
RicknBarb is offline   Reply With Quote