Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #1

Allegro 36LA

We have finally found the floor plan that we like and can't wait to find the right one, looking for 2009 or newer.

Hopefully I can find out specifics for owners...

1. Did this model always have the driver's door? If not, what year did it start.

2. Outside TV - standard or what year did that start?

3. L shape sofa setup - always there? Always facing a fireplace or was there a point that it was storage? We like the fireplace.

4. Queen bed --- will not fit our lap dogs. We need a king, has changing the size been an issue with anyone?

5. DH saw the adjustable bed - is that possible in a king?

Last question... we live in Tampa and have been told that the show will bring lots of trades. Do you think that this model is to popular that we won't see one come in on trade?

Thank you for all your help.
AngusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2015, 07:12 PM   #2

Outside TV 2014
Old 12-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2013 Tiffin Motorhomes Allegro RV for sale in Tampa, FL

Not sure if you will much luck finding one with a King bed, but the one listed is pretty close to everything you want.

Best of Luck
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:48 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check the Tiffin Motor Homes web site for all of the floor plans. It will show you what items are standard and which are optional. Join the Tiffin RV Network and their classified section has some for sale.

Allegro - Luxury RVs | Tiffin Motorhomes

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

I just purchased a 2013 36la with 4200 miles with every options they offer and it was just like new for 105,000.00.I thought that was a pretty good deal.I purchased it from Bankston RV in Huntsville,AL. so that one at Lazydays don't sound like a deal to me.Just saying.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #6

Most are fully equipped. The odd one won't have drivers door or WD combo or larger fridge. We could not be happier with ours being a 2013. Residential fridge, outside tv became available in 2014 along with round led ceiling lights. Not a deal breaker imho. Anything 2013 and newer are pretty much the same otherwise.
Never seen one without the fireplace yet and no room for a king bed.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
36LAs were first built in the 2012 model year. Almost everything you mentioned were and continue to be options. King beds were never an option in this model.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #8

36LA

We have a 2014 36LA we did change the bed out after first trip. Went to Costco and purchased a queen size pillow top mattress. There is no room to put a king size bed in place because when your slide comes in the mattress just does touch the wall cabinets. If you put a king in you would put a strain on the slide motor to push the mattress up against the cabinets. Besides you would have to remove the cabinets on the sides of bed for the width. I must say with the queen mattress we got and the one it came with the new one is about 4 inches longer. Maybe you should get the dogs their own bed
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusT View Post
We have finally found the floor plan that we like and can't wait to find the right one, looking for 2009 or newer.

1. Did this model always have the driver's door? If not, what year did it start.

3. L shape sofa setup - always there? Always facing a fireplace or was there a point that it was storage? We like the fireplace.

4. Queen bed --- will not fit our lap dogs. We need a king, has changing the size been an issue with anyone?

Last question... we live in Tampa and have been told that the show will bring lots of trades. Do you think that this model is to popular that we won't see one come in on trade?

We ordered ours in September and it was delivered in November. The drivers door is an option, we did not choose it.

The outside tv is an option, we added it as it is not something you can add later.

The L shape sofa is an option. Makes for a cozy sitting area. It slides in for more floor room and for traveling.

Queen bed is the only option, the sofa bed is also a queen. We added the bed over the driver seat.

I think you will see them on trades bu they don't sit on the lot.

We really like ours.

Jim
Jfassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusT View Post

1. The drivers door has always been an option , about $1000 if memory serves me.
2. Outside TV became an option in 2014, also around $1000
3. The fireplace is also an option, the storage that it replaces is very small. I think that it was only a few hundred dollars and we like ours and would recommend it.
4. Queen bed is the only option, there is no room for a king, the slide just isn't wide enough. We replaced the mattress with a Sleep Number because that's what we have at home and the previous MH. Your only option for a king in a gas Tiffin is a new model just released for 2016 that is built in the same wheelbase chassis as the 36 LA.
5. Adjustable, yes. King, no.
6. Just a few suggestions, the residential refrigerator was also an option and I highly recommend finding one with it unless you are primarily a dry camper. My only regret when ordering was not getting the traveler satellite dish which is the only way to get HD satellite reception. The mid TV is so big and so close, you really can tell the difference between HD cable and SD satellite reception. If you don't use satellite this is a non issue.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2013 Allegro 36la

I have a 2013 36LA. I think most of your questions were answered previously. A couple of upgrades I made include a queen size sleep number bed from Camping World, which is great. I also installed a 50 amp surge protector. It has less than 7,500 miles. We love the RV but are considering selling so we can purchase a toy hauler. I would consider $115,000 and live in Bonita Springs Florida which is 125 miles south of Tampa. Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks
Fred
Water Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
HGC

Allegro 36LA

We have a 2014 36LA and have the driver's side door. Good thing to have if you have to replace the refrigerator because that is the easiest way to get it out, and is another fire exit. Sometimes you can use the door for tolls and things. I think it was worth it. Make sure you take ALL the time you need for a PDI and don't pay any dealer until it is right. If you find a unit being sold by private owners you probably will do better as far as honesty and care. Good luck.
HGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:11 AM   #13

good/bad and ugly truth Allegro 36LA

We are getting down to the wire and have heard from one in a PM about a really bad experience with this model. I would love to hear more, especially since we are narrowing it down to 3 models and hopefully by tomorrow we will be ordering a survey - if you know of an independent one from Tampa area south please let me know.
AngusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:45 AM   #14

1 bad a thousand good. Can say that about anything. Stop worrying, life is too short