Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyLadd View Post
The L shaped sofa in our 2016 in our 32SA was the most uncomfortable POS I'd ever sat on. The corner area was so hard the dog didnt even like laying up there. I vowed never ot own or buy another coach with one untill I sat in the L shaped sofa on our 2017 Allegro Bus....that one is comfy....The queen claimed it as her spot. Happy wife...happy wife
Maybe the L-shaped sofa in OUR 2016 32SA is an anomaly - but our dog likes the corner area, the wife likes to use it as a chaise lounge, and if/when we get a DP, she wants one in that.

I do think the couches do vary from couch-to-couch. I sat on one in a Phaeton and couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was. I guess we got a good one, so I can't really complain. The coach would seem bigger without it, but we can leave the L in, if we want the space.

I understand the criticisms, but i think the couches are not consistent - even between the same year, same model coaches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DinoOnCouch.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	190027  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #16

Any new feedback on the L-Shaped Sofa in the Open Road models? We are about to order our unit this week and we are still toggling on the L-Sofa. We don't think we will use it much, but my wife does like the thought of a chaise lounge.

Sorry to hash this again. I just wanted to bump the thread to see if anyone has more feedback.

Thanks Guys/Gals!!!
whciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:45 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Our 2018 32SA has the normal sofa. I like it because it makes into a comfortable queen-sized bed, and the bed is oriented length-wise, which means it does not block passage from front to rear. We looked at one with the L-shaped sofa and quickly eliminated that as an option for us because it pretty well touched against the kitchen counter and lopped the coach into two zones, where to go from one end to the other you had to climb over the bed.

The non-L shaped sofa is comfortable to sit on, you can lay down on it and take a nap, and when it comes to bedtime, the air-coil mattress is really comfortable.

YMMV of course.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our L sofa-bed is currently sitting in an extra room in our house. We just replaced it with new furniture. We didn't find the L sofa-bed to be all that comfortable, the L section made the "salon" area seem tight, and we didn't really need the fold out bed that if used would block access to the kitchen from the bedroom. It's currently waiting to be sold on Facebook or Craigslist.
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a dash mat and floor mats and steps

Hi folks... not sure I am in the correct section... Please forgive me if I am not and please direct me to the correct place...

I have for sale from a 2015 Tiffin Open Road 36LA the dash cover... (tan color) and the floor mats and step mats I would like to sell.... I have pictures of both..and I looking to unload them... They are both in perfect condition...and came with my ordered coach back in end of 2015..

since I do not know how to use these sites too well... you can always email me direct if you are interested....Make me an offer and pay for shipping or pick it up!
I have pictures and it looks like I am only able to show one on here.... so email me for more!
Thanks....steve34201@gmail.com
Old 05-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #20

There should be a few examples on a dealer lot of each with and without the “L” if you can get to one so you can experience comfort, bed clearance, etc., yourself before deciding.

There were a few examples of each when I was looking on the lot (but they didn’t sit on the lot long, each was gone within a day or two). I looked at the 34PA, 36UA, and 36LA some with and without.

I chose the “L” in the 36LA so that if I had a few folks over I could sit in the L and talk without looking left and right. First couple of days that proved to be the case. It works fine for me and I think in our 2018 the bed clearance allows me to get through but we will likely not use the fold out bed much at all.

I thought my wife would love the recliner....she did for about an hour then commandeered the L as a chaise, it fits her perfect. I can see arguments both ways but it works for us.

Good luck!

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #21

We have a unique situation and would like to have a L shaped sofa so, let us know, email us if you have one you're not using and we'll buy it from you.
Stu and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro