Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #1

Allegro 36LA Speaker Locations

We just took delivery of a new 2015 Allegro Open Road 36LA last weekend.
There is so much that we are still figuring out and working on the new storage options. Way more than we had in our old Class C. Anyway I was listening to the in-dash stereo while working inside the coach. I noticed that the sound was only coming from up front in the driving area. I tried to adjust the fader to the rear, but the sound was still only in the front part of the RV. Does any one know if there is a way to get music to play in the rear of the Allegro? It appears that the front and rear speakers are within about 4 feet of each other right over the driver and passenger front seats.

Thanks for your help.
YinYangRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #2

Read the instructions for the Kenwood in dash Unit. I don't remember the exact procedure but it is in the Manuel. In the setup procedure there is a section that you have to access to enable the sound from the 4 speakers.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #3

Forum would not allow me to edit previous post.
The dash unit only powers the 4 speakers in the front drivers area.
The other 4 ceiling speakers further to the rear are powered by the
Bluray/entertainment system in the bedroom cabinet behind the TV.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #4

That is what I thought the configuration was. I couldn't find anything in the manuals (Kenwwood's or Tiffin's) to identify where the speakers are connected for which purpose (radio/CD sound versus BluRay/DVD). But I wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing to allow music to play on speakers other than the 4 in the very front of the RV. I really appreciate the feedback, thanks again.
YinYangRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:57 PM   #5

The manuals that pertain to the Tiffin built portion that pulls all the individual components together to make the whole are not very good. They lack a lot of details. Join TRVN and you will have at your disposal many owners of the exact coach you have.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #6

We just took delivery of our new 32SA and have been working to figure out the sound system and checking to see what condition everything is in. Does the theater system only work with the Blu Ray? I still do not know what the A/B switch does in the back under the TV. Found the 6V batteries were only half full, they sure needed a drink and while checking them I found two of the nuts holding the battery cables were only finger tight. No big deal just nice to find that at the start along with a hand full of problems that need attention.
Clockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockdoc View Post
We just took delivery of our new 32SA and have been working to figure out the sound system and checking to see what condition everything is in. Does the theater system only work with the Blu Ray? I still do not know what the A/B switch does in the back under the TV. Found the 6V batteries were only half full, they sure needed a drink and while checking them I found two of the nuts holding the battery cables were only finger tight. No big deal just nice to find that at the start along with a hand full of problems that need attention.
The blue Ray also doubles as the receiver/amp for the speakers and has different inputs you can select to output sound to the surround speakers: fm radio, sat TV, OTA TV, I pod, etc.
The a/b switch cycles the cable input for the sat TV between the roof mounted sat dish and the auxiliary line coming from the wet bay for a portable dish.
I spent a few evenings reading the literature that came on the big blue Tiffin bag. Lots to digest.
Good luck.

Tags
cat