Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #1

Allegro Breeze 32BR

We've been looking at the Breeze 32BR as a possible motorhome to purchase and wondering if anyone who owns one can comment on its fuel efficiency.

I see that the 2013 model offers a 240 horse power diesel - one of the sales people told me he "hears that the company is claiming 14 mpg" so I'm wondering it that number has been attained or...?

Thank you, in advance, for any comments (based on actual evidence).

Jim Rodenkirch
Jim_Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #2

Congrats on your new toy!
And welcome.

The Maxxforce and Allison drive train is grand. I have it in a 33 foot Thor. BTW, the torque is what matters.

14mpg is probably without a camping load or water, etc. and not towing. If you pull a toad, at your "working" load, 11 to 12 may be possible. I get around 11 +/- towing a 4000lb toad.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #3

I continue to look for empirical or even anecdotal evidence...

regarding fuel efficiency for a 32BR.....comments or opines centered on "probably can achieve" have no measurable value....hope someone reading this thread has real data to share.

Jim R.
Jim_Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Bo View Post
regarding fuel efficiency for a 32BR.....comments or opines centered on "probably can achieve" have no measurable value....hope someone reading this thread has real data to share.

Jim R.
I was just giving my real data of similar rig with same weight and drive train.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Bo View Post
We've been looking at the Breeze 32BR as a possible motorhome to purchase and wondering if anyone who owns one can comment on its fuel efficiency.

I see that the 2013 model offers a 240 horse power diesel - one of the sales people told me he "hears that the company is claiming 14 mpg" so I'm wondering it that number has been attained or...?

Thank you, in advance, for any comments (based on actual evidence).

Jim Rodenkirch
I'm a 2012 32BR owner with the 205hp engine, and over the last 9k miles I've acheived between 9.2 and 9.8mpg towing the max load. There are many posts on the TRVN forum about Breeze economy and most people are getting what I am. I really haven't heard anything from a 2013 owner about mpg. Good luck with your purchase. We just stepped up to a 36QSH, taking delivery next week.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
We just stepped up to a 36QSH, taking delivery next week.
Congratulations!
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #7

I own a 2012 32 FT Tiffin Breeze. I live in Southern Calif. I have owned my coach about a year. I am getting about 10 mpg. One thing I will say. Read as much as you can. That information may come in handy later on. Your mileage will get better as coach gets broken in. Decide what speed you want to drive. 55-60-65. Track your mileage if you can at each speed. If you compare features in your Breeze to other RV's on the market and price range, tiffin wins hands down.

Fred J
SoCal
2012 32 FT. Bbf
Mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote