Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #1

Allegro Breeze Basement Heat

Have a 32" Breeze. We are taking a trip to Fl soon from Missouri and I'm concerned about loading the Breeze with water and cleaning the anti-freeze out of the systems B4 we leave. Does anyone know if the Breeze has heat in the basement, perhaps from one of the furnaces? I know some of the bigger rigs have basement heat. I tried emailing Tiffin with this question and have not received a reply. I feel I need to have the system filled because we may end up having to dry camp on the way down. Can't trust the weather to cooperate with our travel plans!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #2

I have a new 32 and I'm leaving this Fri. for Fla. The breeze does have a heater vent in the wet bay area, and from what I hear the heat does travel forward to the fresh water tank. I'm going to fill my tank but I'm going to wait to de-winterize till I get to a little warmer climate. I'm sure someone will say that it's alright to travel in cold weather as long as the furnace is running. There is a huge debate on whether you should drive with the furnace on. Have a safe trip.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
I have a new 32 and I'm leaving this Fri. for Fla. The breeze does have a heater vent in the wet bay area, and from what I hear the heat does travel forward to the fresh water tank. I'm going to fill my tank but I'm going to wait to de-winterize till I get to a little warmer climate. I'm sure someone will say that it's alright to travel in cold weather as long as the furnace is running. There is a huge debate on whether you should drive with the furnace on. Have a safe trip.
Thanks, Gene. I'll have to check it out. I do wonder about the safety of running the furnace while moving...I have no experience with this issue - 1st time RVer's
Old 12-22-2011, 06:18 AM   #4

Hi guys..jealous you are all heading down to Florida!
As far as I know in order to get heat into the basement you need the back heater on.
Debates, debates, debates on whether or not to have propane heater on while driving...
Hopefully the weather will cooperate...if it is borderline freezing..you could stop for rest periods...lunch, etc. and jack up the heat then...just make sure to include the back.

Have a great trip!
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumar View Post
Hi guys..jealous you are all heading down to Florida!
As far as I know in order to get heat into the basement you need the back heater on.
Debates, debates, debates on whether or not to have propane heater on while driving...
Hopefully the weather will cooperate...if it is borderline freezing..you could stop for rest periods...lunch, etc. and jack up the heat then...just make sure to include the back.

Have a great trip!
Thanks! Life continues to be an educational experience
Old 12-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #6

This was taken from the TRVN board re: traveling with the funace on.
Evidentally it was in the Tiffin quarterly magazine.

Staying Warm While Traveling in Winter
We have a 2011 Phaeton. During travel
in the winter, we are almost never able
to get warm by using only the automotive
heater’s vents in the dash. We have
to wear our jackets to keep warm. I have
not installed a temperature gauge in the
motorhome but it is uncomfortably cool.
What should we do?
Clarence Barinowski
Appling, Georgia

Dear Clarence,
The automotive dash heating is not as efficient
as the unit in a car for two reasons:
First, the automotive heater produces
only around 15,000 BTUs (compared to
two 35,000 BTU propane furnaces in the
coach) and has to heat an air cavity much
larger than that of a car. Second, the hot
water from the engine has to travel from
the rear of the coach to the automotive
heater in the dash, causing its temperature
to drop significantly. If you cannot stay
comfortably warm, you should operate
your LP furnace while you are traveling
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #7

I don't know what your temperature is, but your heat pumps will help keep you warn. They should well till about 40 degrees.

Fred J.
Allegro Breeze
SoCal
Mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote