RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2020, 12:52 PM   #1

Allegro Bus, bay weatherstripping source.

Hi there, we have a ‘99 Allegro bus, and our bays are getting pretty soaked when it rains hard. Does anyone have a good source for the bulb type weatherstripping Tiffin uses on these bay doors?
Sportocaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
You might try here.

Steele Rubber Products - Quality Crafted Automotive Rubber Parts and Weatherstripping
TN Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Bill View Post

Hi Bill, I did look at their site. It looks like the stuff I would need is more than $5.00 a foot. At that rate it would be well over $1000 bucks for enough material to do all the bay doors on this beast. I was hoping to get off with a lighter sentence. ;-)
Old 11-27-2020, 04:29 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Here's some door seal that I ordered for a couple of my basement doors. It's not cheap but not nearly as pricey as that at about $1.60 per foot. They have it in different lengths.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NLQ1T6O
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:07 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
https://store.tiffinmotorhomes.com/z...kAwPu4ch%7DK6m
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Here's some door seal that I ordered for a couple of my basement doors. It's not cheap but not nearly as pricey as that at about $1.60 per foot. They have it in different lengths.

Thanks LT Dan, that may be the ticket!
Old 11-28-2020, 12:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post

Thanks garykk! I tried the link, but it wouldn’t open for some reason.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You probably have to sign in. Just try store.tiffinmotorhomes.com and then do a search for door gasket in exterior parr’s.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
You probably have to sign in. Just try store.tiffinmotorhomes.com and then do a search for door gasket in exterior parr’s.
I have noticed their links don't do well. But for our '06 they have yet to fail to have what we need when it's something like the cargo bay seals.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:32 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Good Morning LT Dan. I have a 2019 Red 340. I've driven it in rain twice now. Both were pretty good downpours. My pass through compartment, mainly on passenger side is getting pretty wet. It is carpeted, so I've had to empty it out and let it dry out. Kind of annoying. I'm assuming (and hoping) it is only the compartment door seal on one or maybe both passenger compartment doors for this bay. I could tighten the lock hold a bit to draw it in a mm or 2, but I suspect since the leak is likely coming from the hinge side (forward), tightening the lock side down won't really matter much. I am assuming you changed your seals out due to water coming in also? Is the product you provided a link for a more bulky to allow for more sealing material to give enough pressure to seal the compartment door adequately when compared to the OEM seal? I took delivery of my coach in August, so I don't believe my issue is due to wear. I suspect replacing the seal with an OEM seal wouldn't solve my problem. Thanks for your help.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Is the leaking compartment by chance directly behind a wheel? If so, the problem could be a slight gap in the corner along the hinge side that was not sealed completely. They undercoat them with foam but may have missed a spot. Otherwise the seal I linked to stands a little higher and is firmer than the stock seal so it seals a little tighter.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:19 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
It's not directly behind a wheel, but after reading your reply, I strongly suspect the foam sealant could be the issue. I will roll under there this morning and have a look. If I see a gap, curious what to use to fill it. I suppose I will first check for a gap before worrying about it.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, allegro bus