Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 04:50 PM   #15

AARP Hartford. About $1200 a year. I live in NM and it is listed as being used seven months out of the year.
zombiewoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2022, 01:02 AM   #16

I pay $800 less on 2019 AB 40 full time. I’m with National Interstate RV is my agent that contracts with Safeco Ins. Give Overland Ins in Arizona a call also.
Vivarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:42 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pointless to try to compare insurance .... too many variables per coverage (eq. locale, vehicle size / age, deductibles, driving records, specific coverages, endorsements, where driving, etc. etc.

Better to spend your time analyzing what you really need with comparative shopping apples to apples, & with recognized reputable companies.
PI EMS HW50C, Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
bneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:05 PM   #18

Thanks everyone. I have contacted several of the companies that were suggested and attempted to get an apples to apples comparison. It is amazing how the cost will fluctuate between companies. In the short run I will pick one an use it for a year and then shop it again if the price increases for no apparent reason.

Thanks again for all the suggestions
wecamp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 12:00 PM   #19

Beyond what your state requires for liability coverage, two items can greatly affect the cost, loss coverage and deductible. We have replacement coverage which means they have to replace the RV with an equivalent model if it's a total loss. I usually go with a high deductible as I'm looking to be covered for major losses and can weather a few thousands myself.
Old 05-30-2022, 07:30 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewoof View Post
AARP Hartford. About $1200 a year. I live in NM and it is listed as being used seven months out of the year.
AARP Heartford also quoted me 1200 but told me they did not offer 12 month only 6 month,. That is 2400 a year and not 1200. I would appreciate if you would check with your agent and let me know.

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:48 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
So many things come into play in coverages your home location, the types of insurance with that company, vehicle size & age, deductibles, the number of miles you driving the RV, specific coverages, endorsements, etc. etc.
I have all my insurance with State Farm, home and two cars (2016 31SA, 2012 honda crv 2021 crv) the RV costs me $1435.92, full coverage inc roadside assistance. good luck on your search
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 04:07 PM   #22
TBW

Check with Flo
(Progressive)
USAA says all A's
TBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 04:49 PM   #23

I have 18 Tiffin Bus, Live in Florida, Insured with National General for $1,678 for a year.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:05 PM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
That is high. I recommend you contact the FMCA insurance group. They will research all the companies and come back to you with the best rate & company.
pepacior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:12 PM   #25

We havre had Nat. Gen insurance x yrs. I feel they respond well and quickly to claims ( I've had 2 thru the last 5 yrs) However, realize that there is a significant difference in policy rate if you are full time vs. "recreational". If you store your rig for even a couple months of the year you are not full time and your rate will depend on where you store. You must notify NG when you take it out of storage and plan to be on the road. My rate dropped by 50% when changed from full time to recreational even though we are on the road for a majority of the year. I am sure my rate also reflects my 2 prior claims, although they say they only go 3 years back. Neither of my claims involved a collision or involved another vehicle.
nhjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:28 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Allegro Insurance

I would strongly suggest you talk with Progressive they have insurance made for RV lifestyles. I learned the hard way I had another insurer and when my RV was totaled they would not cover any of my personal items lost. I was not at fault, Progressive will cover your total loss. Read the small print
DPinkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wecamp2 View Post
Thanks everyone. I have contacted several of the companies that were suggested and attempted to get an apples to apples comparison. It is amazing how the cost will fluctuate between companies. In the short run I will pick one an use it for a year and then shop it again if the price increases for no apparent reason.

Thanks again for all the suggestions
Good Plan! We owe no allegiance to any insurance company. It seems if I stay with an insurance company for 3 years, their premiums get outrageous. I switch companies, premiums go down, then the cycle repeats..
I presently have Progressive; I smashed my front cap April 3 and Progressive has been great to deal with-so far.
I've had Good Sam-National General
Winnebago insurance, can't remember carrier company.
Now with Progressive, with whom I've had a claim. My agent has already told me my premium will go up next year because my comprehensive is paying the repair bills.
That is how it should be IMO; those who file claims should be paying more, not everyone with Progressive Ins.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wecamp2 View Post
In the final stages of purchasing a 2016 45op. My insurance company ( State Farm) has quoted me $3813.42 annual. Is this in line with other companies?
That’s too much - Check with Progressive - I’ve used them for a few yers - Less than Good Sam& good response
Gbecksr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, allegro bus, insurance