Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #1

Allegro bus satellite set up

We have a 2011 bus with direct tv. Cable box setup-which dish do I use as there are many choices. Attempted 18" round and others, no luck. Box searches for and Cannot find satellite antenna is locked on. In motion system.
refncpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #2

Which satellite do you have onboard? I have had to call the manufacture for help before. Might be a good idea for you to do the same. You can do a web search for whatever the manufacture is and contact them. I have instructions for mine but yours may be different.
wagon217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #3
paz

First, as wagon217 says, it may also help if we knew what kind of in-motion dome you have and what receiver you are trying to use with it. I may be wrong, but I think you want to be set for 18" round with any dome.

Second, I would call Tiffin to find out how the dome is set up from the factory. It may be set for Dish Network, and you're trying to use it with DirecTV. Both of those companies use different satellites, and the system needs to know which one to look for. You could also look through the stack of manuals you got with your coach. There should be one in there for the dome that will tell you how to change it from Dish to Direct and vice versa.

Third, you may want to ask the moderators to move this question over to the Technology section where someone like Bill Adams is more likely to see it. Bill and several others over there are very knowledgeable on anything having to do with satellite TV.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #4

I don't know your awnser but if you check tiffin network forum those guys will have you up and running very quickly!!
Old 11-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Have your service dealer install a Winegard Trav'ler SK-3005 dish on the roof. It is fully automatic; when you are parked, push one button and it will lock on to the satellites. It supports high def, unlike any in-motion or domed dishes. Have them run cables to both the front and bedroom locations and use two sat boxes.
norwestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to gordons1
Wineguard has great technical support for both satellite systems (Dish Network and Direct)...try them...if Tiffin has installed their dome and you know the model number, they can really help you!
gordons1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite