Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Allegro Red 33aa has Open Road Emblems

We recently bought a 2017 Allegro Red 33aa from a private party and love it. I’m trying to learn more about it and have come across something that has stumped me. From what I have read, the Open Roads are gas powered. Our 33aa is definitely diesel, but the emblems on it all say “Open Road” under the Allegro emblem.

We think we should take off all the Open Road emblems - correct?
hmcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2020, 06:25 AM   #2

You have an Open Road RED (rear engine diesel).
bsedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #3

I have a 2015 33aa that had them. I removed them because i thought it was confusing and Tiffin stopped putting them on in 2018. A plastic scraper and adhesive remover and some elbow grease.
Mwmwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #4

If you go back to the Tiffin 2010 brochures when the RED was introduced, you'll see that they were linking the affordable luxury of the Allegro Open Road to the new RED. So it looks like they kept the Allegro Open Road identification to signify affordability and added the RED to highlight this was a DP. I always found it confusing since I identified the Allegro Open Road brand with a gas unit.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Only in the last couple of years has Tiffin gone away from the Open Road RED to just Allegro RED. Our 2015 RED had the Open Road logo.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:07 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedor View Post
You have an Open Road RED (rear engine diesel).
Is yours?
Old 02-24-2020, 05:42 AM   #7

Yes I have a 2017 33aa and it is an Open Road RED. Others have said that in 2018 they dropped the Open Road designation.
bsedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #8

I think being concerned about labels will be the least of your problems with RV's. Dave
Old 02-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Just because I was curious - and in case anyone else wonders - I called Tiffin and asked them.

I was told that all model 33AAs are Open Road. Those that have the “RED” are of course the diesel and those without the RED are gas.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:23 AM   #10

I know it's a nit and we are just talking about an emblem that is easily removed if you don't like it but depending on who you talked to, I'm not sure how much I would trust their response. They definitely stopped using the Open Road emblems on the 2018s and there is nothing in the text of the brochures or the online Table of Contents that refers to the 33aas being Open Roads. The only time you see it is when they show the outside of the unit where it's plastered on the front, back and both sides.

The reason I am suggesting being a little leery of what they told you is because they just gave me some completely erroneous information on the 33aa. I called yesterday to see how much the newer solid wood double panel doors they use in the newer 33aas for the bath and the bedroom would cost. They started using them in 2017 for the bath and in the bath and bedroom in 2018. I was told they never used them and still used the solid panel hollow core doors like the ones on my 2015. Odd, I thought, I could have sworn I saw solid doors in a 33aa.

After I hung up with the parts person I went and checked a bunch of 33aas for sale online. She was WRONG. What I found is what I noted above. So today, if and when she calls back I have to politely educate her and get a price for a stock door as opposed to the custom part she was suggesting I was requesting. Not the first time Tiffin led me down the wrong path.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcarlson View Post
We recently bought a 2017 Allegro Red 33aa from a private party and love it. I’m trying to learn more about it and have come across something that has stumped me. From what I have read, the Open Roads are gas powered. Our 33aa is definitely diesel, but the emblems on it all say “Open Road” under the Allegro emblem.

We think we should take off all the Open Road emblems - correct?

Certainly would not anyone to think you were driving the gas version. If the onlookers know anything they would see the rear rad.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwmwall View Post
The only time you see it is when they show the outside of the unit where it's plastered on the front, back and both sides.
That is, plastered on years 2014 (introduced) through 2017 33aas.

Tags
allegro, ems