Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Aluminum or Steel Rims

Are the Rims on Allegro 2015 31 SA Steel or Aluminum? We are having the tires rotated and the shop asked if the back rims were steel and the front Aluminum. Or, are they the same on the front and back.
boggsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 10:48 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you have aluminum wheels the inside duals will be steel on 99% of the rigs out there.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:49 PM   #3

Check rim with a magnet ........... aluminum is not magnetic.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure why you are having your tires rotated - unless you are having some wear problems. If that is the case, then your alignment and loading needs to be checked - as well as your inflation pressures.

However, to answer your question, your inside dual wheels are steel.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:51 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Having the tires rotated because we are following the maintenance schedule. I called Tiffin service center before I got a response and was told they were all Aluminum.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:56 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsak View Post
Having the tires rotated because we are following the maintenance schedule. I called Tiffin service center before I got a response and was told they were all Aluminum.
Doubtful of this. Think you will find, as I said earlier, the inner duals will be steel.

Since we've owned MH's (1988 on) I've never had any of the tires rotated. Never had a wear issue that required it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:17 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Doubtful of this. Think you will find, as I said earlier, the inner duals will be steel.

Since we've owned MH's (1988 on) I've never had any of the tires rotated. Never had a wear issue that required it.
X-2,, Very sound advice! A 2015 MH most certainly does not need the tires rotated? As long as the tires are wearing ok, they will date out way before they wear out! JMHO! Rail!
Old 05-29-2015, 03:42 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
X-2,, Very sound advice! A 2015 MH most certainly does not need the tires rotated? As long as the tires are wearing ok, they will date out way before they wear out! JMHO! Rail!
X3.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:19 PM   #9

FWIW, I agree with MR D. I firmly believe your F53 chassis has steel wheels on the inner duals. Furthermore, I'll bet money I can't afford to loose that the outer dual aluminum wheels won't fit on the front and the front wheels won't fit on the back. Almost all gassers have this problem, and I think you will find the tires have to be dis-mounted and remounted (and therefore re-balanced, too) in order to rotate them front to back. They can be rotated "side-to-side" (same axle), but that rarely does any good.

If you are able to get this rotation done without all that trouble and expense, please come back and tell us I was wrong.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:10 AM   #10

Probably took MH to Camping World, they come up with a lot of ways to make money! Dave
Old 06-14-2015, 09:22 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Our motorhome has 6500 miles. We ordered it new, picked it up in Texas, and drove it up to Alaska. According to the Maintenance schedule, the tires should be rotated after 6500 miles. When have others had tires rotated?
Old 06-14-2015, 09:44 PM   #12

If all is well with load and alignment, we really don't put enough miles on our coaches to warrant wheel or tire rotations.

Yes if we did 10K per month like commercial carrier's yes you have to if you what even tire wear. Like mentioned above, our coach tires age out before we wear them out.

Save your money on that part of your maintenance program and concentrate on other areas like tire condition as far as damage.

LMO
DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote