Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #1

an all-electric coach question

those of you who have one of the newer Tiffin all-electric coaches (Allegro Bus or Phaeton).... what problems do I have to be aware of if I want to boondock for 7 to 10 days? I'm not one that wants to run a big gen for hours a day, I boondock for piece and quiet, also, I don't want to tick off my neighbors because my gen is coming on at 02:00 a.m. to recharge batteries. I have a 2000W honda which is quieter than an 8-10K gen and should keep batteries charged. I like the idea of an all-electric coach, but not sure it will work for us when we boondock that 1 - 2 times a year.?????
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
those of you who have one of the newer Tiffin all-electric coaches (Allegro Bus or Phaeton).... what problems do I have to be aware of if I want to boondock for 7 to 10 days? I'm not one that wants to run a big gen for hours a day, I boondock for piece and quiet, also, I don't want to tick off my neighbors because my gen is coming on at 02:00 a.m. to recharge batteries.
lp5151, Current generation diesel generators are very quiet and coupled to a genturi you might not even hardly know that the set is running. New upscale motorhomes are indeed installing residential refrigerators. I recently saw one on a 2011 Winnebago Tour. Unless you have a solar cell the size of the roof you will need to run the generator to recharge the batteries. I'm expecting that you can set the no run time so the generator won't start up at 2:00am when you are sleeping. You don't want to run the generator and be sleeping.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Current generators may be very quiet but your neighbors may not think so. This fall I pulled into a parking area in Hawthorne NV and before I could shut off my engine I had a guy at my drivers side window telling me if I started my generator he would consider it a deadly weapon and would act accordingly. Guess I could have shot back if necessary, but it takes so much time trying to explain all this to the authorities. I moved on. Also even I have to agree diesel fumes stink and even being parked next to someone with hydro hot in an rv park is bad.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote