Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2017, 09:25 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Anyone currently at Tiffin service? Status?

Hello again fellow Tiffin owners.
We are currently sitting (evacuated from Irma) on a Navy base in Gulfport Mississippi waiting to return back to the east coast of Florida once our park reopens. Until that time we are throwing around the idea of taking our 2016 36LA to Red Bay to have a few things addressed. Was wondering if anyone currently there for service could give a status of availability in the service campground? We are 7 hours away but don't want to get there and be turned away. I read something about an upcoming event in Red Bay that could cause more Tiffin owners to be in town next week?

Thanks as always for the boards input!
Steve
stevel720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel720 View Post
Hello again fellow Tiffin owners.
We are currently sitting (evacuated from Irma) on a Navy base in Gulfport Mississippi waiting to return back to the east coast of Florida once our park reopens. Until that time we are throwing around the idea of taking our 2016 36LA to Red Bay to have a few things addressed. Was wondering if anyone currently there for service could give a status of availability in the service campground? We are 7 hours away but don't want to get there and be turned away. I read something about an upcoming event in Red Bay that could cause more Tiffin owners to be in town next week?

Thanks as always for the boards input!
Steve
Currently the service center is running about 4 to 7 days to get into a full service bay and 3 to 4 to get into a express service bay. Tiffin campground parking has been full last week, however there were a few spaces available each day at other campgrounds in Red Bay. The Founder's Day activities will have no effect on campground availability.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #3

We pulled in today about 11:30 and the board out front said sites open. When I did a walk about probably2 hours ago there were around 4 sites open but now I look out my window and 2 sites that I once saw open are now filled.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:59 AM   #4

FYI, just did a morning walk around and the board up front says "sites available" and I counted 10 open sites as of 8:45am.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #5

One last update, Sunday night and all sites are full.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:04 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks to both of you for your info!
Steve
Old 09-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We put off going to Tiffin in the immediate future but might head that way around the Holidays. I know, it’s going to be very cold! Lol Has anyone been there the end of December/first of January? Or are they closed that time of year? Thanks again!
Steve
Old 09-28-2017, 08:38 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I've heard horror stories about being there around the holidays because there are lots of techs taking time off. We've been there twice, both times in late January/early February and only had to wait one day to get service and there were open spaces in the campground.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #9

Quote:
We put off going to Tiffin in the immediate future but might head that way around the Holidays. I know, it’s going to be very cold! Lol Has anyone been there the end of December/first of January? Or are they closed that time of year? Thanks again!
Steve
They do shut down for the holidays, I'm sure they know what the schedule is by now so you should call them, as there is no reason to get there, and not get in before they close.

Also be aware, that the water is often / usually shut down once they get freezing temps, so you need to have your fresh water tank full - they do have one faucet that you can refill from, even if the sites are shut off. I'm not sure how the other "campgrounds" in Red Bay function once it gets freezing......

And yes, "Camp Red Bay" is just a "lovely" place to be in the cold and wet....... Oh, and be stocked up on your adult beverages, as Red Bay is "dry".
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #10

Quote:
Steve
The best time to go to Red Bay for service is January or February. There is virtually no wait time for Tiffin Service and the campground is 1/2 full. Yes the water is usually turned off at the parking sites but available at the wash pad and next to the main service building. The other campgrounds in Red Bay are fully operational since they have insulated water pipes at all sites.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Red Bay is "dry".
Nooooo! This post is a good candidate for a sticky, for real time, real people data.

Can understand them closing long on holidays, just what that part of the country is about. I can schedule around that.

Tags
service, tiffin