Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #1

Anyone own an Allegro Bus

If you own an Allegro Bus, I would like to know if you have had any problems with it. Just talked with someone who had nothing but major problems with a Phaeton. We are thinking of buying the bus but want to research more.
sallyherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I don't, but I wish I did.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #3

You will find somebody with every RV ever made that's had nothing but problems, it's the nature of the beast.
Blaster 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #4

I've had only minor problems attributable to design or construction [wear & tear, replacement items not included]. Biggest construction issue was low flow of water to kitchen sink. I found that the H&C water lines were placed under the cabinet/countertop causing the pipes to be squeezed almost closed. I lifted the weight and moved the the lines by hand. I, along with hundreds more RV owners, was not happy with the tank gauge system so I replaced mine with See Level gauges. Otherwise we have been extremely happy with the build quality and drivability of our bus.
yudamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #5

You might want to drop over to the Tiffin owner's forum, www.tiffinrvnetwork.com. Lots of Tiffin owners with lots of experience there. Good luck.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Tiffin RV Network may offer more feedback as it is primarily Tiffin owners who occupy the many forums within it.

Fell free to PM with any specific questions.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #7

I was also shopping for an Allegro Bus, and was warned about the roof radius issues and the wet bay floor problems. as well as some floor issues with the slide outs . Due to the seriousness of these issues,I decided to look at other makes.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Well I have an 07 and it's been a pleasure. The only issue are those dang double-PAIN windows. I'm just not sold on them (windows) but I'm straying from your question... I would buy another Tiffin Bus.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Just bought my second Tiffin. First was a Phaeton. This time an Allegro Bus. Don't know that I would own any other brand.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
My neighbor has a 43' Allegro Bus. They travel a lot. He has nothing but praise for the coach quality and particularly about the rapid response from Tiffin when he has a question.

He has received excellent post purchase service and attention from Tiffin.

I think they should put the executive steps on the Allegro Bus like the Zephyr has, and that would put a good finish on an already excellent product.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #11

I have an 05 Allegro Bus and just had the roof caps and wet bay inspected and nothing wrong was fround with them. I have had no problem with my bus and I keep the maintenance up to date and do alot of my own. I do not hesitate to take my bus on any trip fearing that something might go wrong. It just as dependable as you keep it maintained. It works the same as your car. keep it maintained and it will take care of you. While I was at Red Bay however, I did see and hear alot of newer models having problems but Tiffins was taking care of these issues right away. The people at Tiffin are fantastic to deal with. Goof Luck with your decision
Ultra Classi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #12

I do not own one but my father is on his second one. He traded in the 1st on the second to go larger. We replaced things to customize and added power and battery monitors. The only real problems he had with either were chassis related. Ignition switch and then on this one cooling system. Also added spray foam insulation in places.
We did have a problem with jack retraction we fixed but I forget exactly what it was on the pump module.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #13

We recently traded an '07 Phaeton for a new 2011 43' Rear Bath Bus and we love it. So far, the only issue has been a mid-coach toilet that would not stop flushing without manually stopping it--a bit risky and not much fun.

Lazy Days replaced the toilet after trying to repair it and we have had no other issues.

We are extremely pleased with the purchase.
Jpdunc9251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #14

I'm on my second Bus. I had a 2007 AB 42QRP. It was a great coach. I now have a new 2011 AB 40QXP. I wouldn't have any other coach. No other coach builder will support their products like Tiffin does. I had three previous coaches that were all Newmars. The last one was a total disaster..........
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote