Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2020, 08:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoRick View Post
We just picked up our 40IH 2 weeks ago. We went to Red Bay 3 weeks before delivery for our PDI. That was very helpful elimating all the cosmetic issues that our dealer would never fix. Since it was winterized, we couldn't test anything with water. After we took delivery, we took it to a service center to have our Blue Ox system installed. They noticed 2 air lines were crimped and melted. Fortunately they only affected the leveling jacks so I could drive it. Tiffin was very quick with a resolution but I still had to take it into the PowerGlide service center. My dealer really stepped up when I brought this to his attention which was one day after delivery. Here's his email reply:

I talked to service about this yesterday. I do not know what you should do and I don’t know if it is safe to drive. I am not sure if Finnigans is certified to work on Tiffin motor homes? When a non certified dealer messes with a coach, being Tiffin or anyone other manufacturer, it usually results in warranty issues. They will have to do their best to work with Tiffin to try and get those lines resolved.

Outstanding reply from my dealer! Bulletin board material for other dealers.

There was a week delay from the original delivery date and the communication was slow. Regarding quality, time will tell. It's not only Tiffin, it's all their suppliers and all are having tough times. Overall the experience has been good so far but I don't want to jinx myself since we're leaving for 2 months this week.

Good luck, and happy trails!!!
Edandjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2020, 08:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjon View Post
We took delivery at Sherman RV in MS July 9th and it was a great experience. Unfortunately we had many problems soon after. Most I could repair myself but there are several that must be diagnosed and repaired at the Red Bay service facility. We plan to visit Red Bay in January. There are so many new things that differ from my 2011 Thor Hurricane that I could not test everything prior to leaving the dealership. Some of those things had to do with electrical connectors coming apart, wires left unconnected, loose or missing bolts, and loose ground wires. The loose ground wires were the worst since in my case it seemed every malfunction light on the dashboard came on simultaneously. I quickly remembered that yellow lights mean not so bad, red lights mean very bad stop immediately. I had all yellow lights so I continued to my destination. I called a factory tech who helped me find the loose ground wires (all 3 on the same post). Fortunately I have years of experience on electro mechanical systems and with a little help I can usually find and fix the problem. My problems were annoying but not life threatening. I wrote a letter to Bob Tiffin and when he called me he said he gave copies of my letter to 3 people who report to him for action. I believe my problems were related to the Covid scare going on at the time of my build. Best of luck to you.

Thank you for sharing with us, and best of luck to you as well! [emoji4]
Old 12-14-2020, 08:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserchrome View Post
Our Tiffin RED came in a bit over a week ago. It was about 10 days earlier than their estimate. Our dealer is working through their PDI and had one item that required parts from Tiffin. Tiffin was very responsive and shipped promptly. We will be doing our PDI on Monday and finalize next week. It felt like a long wait since it is our 1st motorhome but no complaints on our end, even got a call from Bob Tiffin who gratiously answered my wife's questions. Glad we chose Tiffin and look forward to our 1st visit to Red Bay.

How exciting!!!
Old 12-14-2020, 08:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairway2002 View Post
45 opp. Picked ours up 8 days ago. A lot of problems. They did fix the paint problems after RB inspection. Can’t use a/c (we are in Florida) steps will not go in (fixed at dealer. Drove 12 miles. Will not go in). Floor heat not working. Worried about that one. Generator starts on its own ( ags not on). Not happy. Good luck.

Hopefully Tiffin makes it right for you guys so you can get onto the good part!![emoji51]
Old 12-14-2020, 08:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCactus View Post
We ordered our 2021 Red 340 33 AL in July, it was assembled with an August date and we received it the end of September, earlier than scheduled. We requested, and received the PowerGluide chassis (many Red 340's come with Freightliner now). We ordered the coach so we could get exactly what we wanted in options and colors. Did we pay more than buying off the lot? - probably, but they were extremely hard to find! A few fit and finish issues, and a problem with one of the slides, that the dealer took care of. Overall, nothing major that would prevent use (yet). We have put on about 3000 miles so far. Can't say enough about how nice it is to drive! We had excellent luck with our Coachmen, with the Ford V-10 but the power of the Cummins diesel is amazing. No more screaming when we see a hill! Quiet soft air ride and plenty of power. We travel I-10 in Texas a lot, speed limit is 80. Coachmen was governed ~75 - Tiffin cruises nicely at the speed limit if desired! (When not towing).

Think the other half is going to stick me with a lot of driving, so nice to hear...lol!!
Old 12-17-2020, 09:49 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
We took delivery of our 2021 45opp BUS Mid October at Sherman. We then drove over to Red Bay. We then spent 3 weeks at Red Bay Service center. The people there were great and they took care of the many little things and a couple of big things. I would not bother having the dealer look at any issue, just drive over to Red Bay. They are more knowledgeable. We did spend a couple of nights at Sherman, getting used to the coach and running most of the systems thru their paces... There are so many, it takes a day or two..

We gave them a list when we checked in, someone stopped by the next morning to review it and then later that day we were called to come to one of the Bays. The Tech's there are excellent and will fix and all issues you may have.

Did not expect to spend that much time there but it was well worth it. Nice thing about picking up your coach a Sherman is that it is just a short drive to Red Bay.

Tiffin has a very nice hospitality center downtown with nice breakfast and lunch for very reasonable. Also do not miss the food at Red Bay Acres. They have a GREAT dinner there...

Good luck with your new coach...Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 05:11 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoRick View Post
We just picked up our 40IH 2 weeks ago. We went to Red Bay 3 weeks before delivery for our PDI. That was very helpful elimating all the cosmetic issues that our dealer would never fix. Since it was winterized, we couldn't test anything with water. After we took delivery, we took it to a service center to have our Blue Ox system installed. They noticed 2 air lines were crimped and melted. Fortunately they only affected the leveling jacks so I could drive it. Tiffin was very quick with a resolution but I still had to take it into the PowerGlide service center. My dealer really stepped up when I brought this to his attention which was one day after delivery. Here's his email reply:

I talked to service about this yesterday. I do not know what you should do and I don’t know if it is safe to drive. I am not sure if Finnigans is certified to work on Tiffin motor homes? When a non certified dealer messes with a coach, being Tiffin or anyone other manufacturer, it usually results in warranty issues. They will have to do their best to work with Tiffin to try and get those lines resolved.

Outstanding reply from my dealer! Bulletin board material for other dealers.

There was a week delay from the original delivery date and the communication was slow. Regarding quality, time will tell. It's not only Tiffin, it's all their suppliers and all are having tough times. Overall the experience has been good so far but I don't want to jinx myself since we're leaving for 2 months this week.
EcoRick, you mentioned having to take your coach into the PowerGlide service center. Are you referring to Red Bay? Just curious. I have a 2019 Red 340 on a PowerGlide. Thanks
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:41 PM   #22

We picked up our new 2021 40IP Bus Friday the 18th of December, (the same day Tiffin announced their sale). We had actually accepted delivery and spent our first night in the coach the week before, but had several issues that needed to be addressed before we wanted to take it home. The major issues at that time were things like the Aquahot would not light, the front air conditioner would not run, the satellite dish did not work and a few smaller issues. Our dealer was able to take care of most of this list before we picked the coach up.

We then headed out cross country and found several more issues, the largest being no engine brakes.

The coach itself is beautiful and it drives excellent! We traded up from our 2018 37AP Bus and overall love the new rig!!! Just shaking out the initial bugs...
Olbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:32 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
Anyone within a days drive should straight for red bay after taking delivery.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:16 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCactus View Post
We ordered our 2021 Red 340 33 AL in July, it was assembled with an August date and we received it the end of September, earlier than scheduled. We requested, and received the PowerGluide chassis (many Red 340's come with Freightliner now). We ordered the coach so we could get exactly what we wanted in options and colors. Did we pay more than buying off the lot? - probably, but they were extremely hard to find! A few fit and finish issues, and a problem with one of the slides, that the dealer took care of. Overall, nothing major that would prevent use (yet). We have put on about 3000 miles so far. Can't say enough about how nice it is to drive! We had excellent luck with our Coachmen, with the Ford V-10 but the power of the Cummins diesel is amazing. No more screaming when we see a hill! Quiet soft air ride and plenty of power. We travel I-10 in Texas a lot, speed limit is 80. Coachmen was governed ~75 - Tiffin cruises nicely at the speed limit if desired! (When not towing).
Congrats on your 340. We have the 2019 340 33AL. We drove from Houston to Byron, Georgia to get it from a dealer there in August (new). Like you said, they were very hard to find. I've driven it twice in a pretty good downpour and my carpeted pass through compartments are getting wet. In a prior thread LT Dan gave me some suggestions that I am working on, but since you have the same model, I figured I would ask you this question. Under your carpeted pass through compartment did Tiffin spray a foam sealant that covers the entire bottom of the compartment (exterior, under the coach)? I crawled up under mine and I can see the compartments sitting on welded angle iron and flat stock and the self tapping screws protruding that hold the compartment on, but it isn't covered with that spray foam stuff like I've seen on other coaches. I'm not too concerned as long as I stop the water from coming in. Most of that angle iron and flat stock is beginning to rust though. Wondering if the spray that I feel may be missing would be protecting the metal. The metal is somewhat painted or dipped in something, but it wasn't done very well (missed many areas). I've already been to Red Bay to get some things fixed. Not wanting to go back for a while.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:33 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegats1 View Post
EcoRick, you mentioned having to take your coach into the PowerGlide service center. Are you referring to Red Bay? Just curious. I have a 2019 Red 340 on a PowerGlide. Thanks
No, I took it into a Rush Service Center in Huntley Illinois. Very nice experience. I understand Rush Service Centers are a recent addition to service PowerGlide chassis. I was the first MH they ever serviced but it worked out well. The service manager told me he was skeptical of doing warranty work but Tiffin was great communicating with them and getting them a PO quickly.
Old 10-30-2021, 12:08 PM   #26

(Im)patiently waiting here also. My 2022 AB 40IP is in the paint ship right now, scheduled ship date is 11/17. But have no idea of how many parts are "missing" (if any?).
Abjrjrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:40 PM   #27

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ordered our new Red 33 AA mid April 2021. It arrived at dealer first week of September. The TPMS was throwing codes, it was sent to Freightliner and they re-flashed a sensor.

We were missing the front door screen on delivery, my solar panels were not working, loose wire behind panel, and the refrigerator bracket pulled loose in the back. Some Hydraulic lines had to tied up over slide out tray in bay. Basically that was it.

We have over 2000 miles on the coach so far and have camped about 10 days. the best part is that my DEALER took care of and fixed all my problems. It is a heck of a lot easier to drive 2.5 hrs to my dealer than 1000 miles one way to Red Bay. Don't get me wrong we have been to Red Bay with our other coach. But is not a close destination.

We had a 2019 Tiffin Open Road 32SA that we bought brand new from my same dealer. It was pre pandemic build, and had more little issues wrong with it than my new 2021 Red 33 AA.

We are happy campers so far.

PAM
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 01:39 PM   #28

We just took delivery of a new Allegro Red 38KA. After waiting 5 1/2 months it finally arrived Sept 15, we have not been able to actually use it due to DEF sensor and DS slide out problems. Taking it to the third Freightliner dealer Monday.