Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #1

Anyone taken delivery recently?

We are waiting on our new Phaeton 37BH and were just wondering if anyone has taken delivery of a new motorhome recently. Just wondering if you’ve seen any delays or quality issues with Tiffin. If you’ve recently taken delivery, we’d love to here your experience...good or bad, or both! [emoji4]
Edandjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edandjenn View Post
We are waiting on our new Phaeton 37BH and were just wondering if anyone has taken delivery of a new motorhome recently. Just wondering if you’ve seen any delays or quality issues with Tiffin. If you’ve recently taken delivery, we’d love to here your experience...good or bad, or both! [emoji4]
I can't really comment on factory delivery timelines as we bought our Phaeton 40IH from a local show; it had all the options we wanted except theatre seating and that's being replaced next month once Tiffin provides the seats. Quality is excellent! This is our eight camper and the best so far. The best trailer we had was a Sunnybrook. Our post delivery punch list has a few minor items on it and I will likely fix those myself before it goes in for the couch swap-out.

Thanks!
Sam
Old 12-12-2020, 05:03 AM   #3

Quote:

We haven't quite taken delivery yet but we ordered a 2021 Phaeton and it just arrived at the dealer 8 days ahead of the estimated delivery date.
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 06:10 AM   #4

There is a couple on YouTube that go by “Irritated Traveler” who had three coaches prior to their 2021 bus. They have had only a few minor issues with their 2021 bus and are very happy with it. Their prior coaches were an absolute horror show though.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #5

We just picked up our 40IH 2 weeks ago. We went to Red Bay 3 weeks before delivery for our PDI. That was very helpful elimating all the cosmetic issues that our dealer would never fix. Since it was winterized, we couldn't test anything with water. After we took delivery, we took it to a service center to have our Blue Ox system installed. They noticed 2 air lines were crimped and melted. Fortunately they only affected the leveling jacks so I could drive it. Tiffin was very quick with a resolution but I still had to take it into the PowerGlide service center. My dealer really stepped up when I brought this to his attention which was one day after delivery. Here's his email reply:

I talked to service about this yesterday. I do not know what you should do and I don’t know if it is safe to drive. I am not sure if Finnigans is certified to work on Tiffin motor homes? When a non certified dealer messes with a coach, being Tiffin or anyone other manufacturer, it usually results in warranty issues. They will have to do their best to work with Tiffin to try and get those lines resolved.

Outstanding reply from my dealer! Bulletin board material for other dealers.

There was a week delay from the original delivery date and the communication was slow. Regarding quality, time will tell. It's not only Tiffin, it's all their suppliers and all are having tough times. Overall the experience has been good so far but I don't want to jinx myself since we're leaving for 2 months this week.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:34 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
Quote:
Where are you taking delivery?

Have you owned a Tiffin previously?

Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 11:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorn View Post
Where are you taking delivery?

Have you owned a Tiffin previously?

Jeff

We are taking delivery @ Sherman RV (Andy Pearson). This will be our first Tiffin, but we’ve previously owned a few trailers. After looking at several RV’s, doing some research and reading many of these posts we decided on Tiffin and found Sherman RV. Ordered October 27th [emoji106].

Thanks for asking .
Old 12-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
New Delivery

We took delivery at Sherman RV in MS July 9th and it was a great experience. Unfortunately we had many problems soon after. Most I could repair myself but there are several that must be diagnosed and repaired at the Red Bay service facility. We plan to visit Red Bay in January. There are so many new things that differ from my 2011 Thor Hurricane that I could not test everything prior to leaving the dealership. Some of those things had to do with electrical connectors coming apart, wires left unconnected, loose or missing bolts, and loose ground wires. The loose ground wires were the worst since in my case it seemed every malfunction light on the dashboard came on simultaneously. I quickly remembered that yellow lights mean not so bad, red lights mean very bad stop immediately. I had all yellow lights so I continued to my destination. I called a factory tech who helped me find the loose ground wires (all 3 on the same post). Fortunately I have years of experience on electro mechanical systems and with a little help I can usually find and fix the problem. My problems were annoying but not life threatening. I wrote a letter to Bob Tiffin and when he called me he said he gave copies of my letter to 3 people who report to him for action. I believe my problems were related to the Covid scare going on at the time of my build. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:32 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Our Tiffin RED came in a bit over a week ago. It was about 10 days earlier than their estimate. Our dealer is working through their PDI and had one item that required parts from Tiffin. Tiffin was very responsive and shipped promptly. We will be doing our PDI on Monday and finalize next week. It felt like a long wait since it is our 1st motorhome but no complaints on our end, even got a call from Bob Tiffin who gratiously answered my wife's questions. Glad we chose Tiffin and look forward to our 1st visit to Red Bay.
Laserchrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 09:29 PM   #10

Quote:
We are taking delivery @ Sherman RV (Andy Pearson). This will be our first Tiffin, but we’ve previously owned a few trailers. After looking at several RV’s, doing some research and reading many of these posts we decided on Tiffin and found Sherman RV. Ordered October 27th [emoji106].

Thanks for asking .
If you can schedule a PDI in Red Bay, it will be well worth your time. Many items that will take weeks at the dealer to fix will be taken care of within days at Red Bay. If you have any paint issues, the only place they’ll be able to correct that is at Red Bay before they ship.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:50 PM   #11

45 opp. Picked ours up 8 days ago. A lot of problems. They did fix the paint problems after RB inspection. Can’t use a/c (we are in Florida) steps will not go in (fixed at dealer. Drove 12 miles. Will not go in). Floor heat not working. Worried about that one. Generator starts on its own ( ags not on). Not happy. Good luck.
fairway2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:58 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
We ordered our 2021 Red 340 33 AL in July, it was assembled with an August date and we received it the end of September, earlier than scheduled. We requested, and received the PowerGluide chassis (many Red 340's come with Freightliner now). We ordered the coach so we could get exactly what we wanted in options and colors. Did we pay more than buying off the lot? - probably, but they were extremely hard to find! A few fit and finish issues, and a problem with one of the slides, that the dealer took care of. Overall, nothing major that would prevent use (yet). We have put on about 3000 miles so far. Can't say enough about how nice it is to drive! We had excellent luck with our Coachmen, with the Ford V-10 but the power of the Cummins diesel is amazing. No more screaming when we see a hill! Quiet soft air ride and plenty of power. We travel I-10 in Texas a lot, speed limit is 80. Coachmen was governed ~75 - Tiffin cruises nicely at the speed limit if desired! (When not towing).
AZCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKVA View Post
I can't really comment on factory delivery timelines as we bought our Phaeton 40IH from a local show; it had all the options we wanted except theatre seating and that's being replaced next month once Tiffin provides the seats. Quality is excellent! This is our eight camper and the best so far. The best trailer we had was a Sunnybrook. Our post delivery punch list has a few minor items on it and I will likely fix those myself before it goes in for the couch swap-out.

Thanks!

Sam

Fingers crossed we have a similar experience!🤞🏼[emoji4]
Old 12-14-2020, 08:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
There is a couple on YouTube that go by “Irritated Traveler” who had three coaches prior to their 2021 bus. They have had only a few minor issues with their 2021 bus and are very happy with it. Their prior coaches were an absolute horror show though.

Hoping to be able to post similar experience!