Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #1

Anyone watched coach build?

Ordered new Bus, scheduled for build Oct 11 and 12 and I plan on watching the build process. Does anyone have any tips and should I stay longer and watch the painting?
nedster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2011, 06:51 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have the time, what could it hurt? You probably would have a better piece of mind watching the process and would be able to ask questions right there and then. Of course this is just my opinion. Good luck with the new purchase and hope you enjoy many funfilled miles around the country. Oh yeah, be safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
What a great opportunity! I'd take lots of photos of the innards ( wire routing, water piping, etc) to include in my documentation package. How many times would that have been helpful in routing new wires, finding leaky plumbing fittings, etc?
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #4

I think it's great to visit as many production operations as you can. You can only learn by the experience.

Having toured a couple of motor home production lines I wanted to jump down off the catwalk and say "vacuum out that crap, pick up those scraps, secure those loose wires, etc".

I haven't seen Tiffin's production line yet but judging by our 2011 Bus my wife may make me wear duct tape when we get to take the tour.
NorCal Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
We watched our 36QSH be built in Feb. Absolutely a GREAT EXPERIENCE.

First, you should hope on the TiffinRVNetwork to hear from other folks that have the 'Tiffin experience'. Not that you can't get that here. But there it is all Tiffin.

Anyway, we stayed at Jackson's B&B. But if you have an RV already you can stay at the Tiffin RV campground.

Get there early the first day of your build. You can see your chassis come in from the chassis shop. Then it will take about 2.5 days before your MH is driving off to undercoating and paint.

Visit the paint shop while you are in Red Bay. It's pretty nice, even if your coach isn't there yet. I'll bet you see a MH just like yours there anyway; including the paint scheme.

Take a lot of photos. It took about 465 and have notes on more photos to take the next time I am there. I have referred to them many times and they are quite helpful.

You can roam all over the factory. And you most likely will after the first day and a half.

All the workers there are very friendly. All are helpful and it seems they love to answer any question you have (and I had plenty). Toward the end of the build you can watch all the final inspections and are encouraged to point our things you are not sure about or think should be looked at closely. We asked for some molding to be changed, got a different drawer front because it didn't seem to match the others very well.

Have a good experience.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 AM   #6

We thought about going to watch ours being built, but the drive there for us is about 900 miles. Then we need to pick it up at the dealer which is about 1000 from there. Too bad we can't get it right there at the factory. How far will you need to drive to get yours?
JackFM is offline   Reply With Quote