Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Aqua Hot Question

I just winterized my 07 Allegro Bus w/Aqua Hot. I have two questions.
1. Is there anything special that needs to be done for winterizing the system?
2. I recently used the heating system; zone 1 (the front of the coach) was working just fine, but zone 2 (the bedroom) was not - cold air was coming out of the register. The temperature on both zones were set to 72.

Would appreciate any ideas!

SRH
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
No

Quote:
2. I recently used the heating system; zone 1 (the front of the coach) was working just fine, but zone 2 (the bedroom) was not - cold air was coming out of the register. The temperature on both zones were set to 72.
The zone #2 circulation pump is not circulating fluid.
Go to www.aquahot.com download the service manual for your model of AH, and follow the flow chart.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you so much for the quick reply! Will do!
Regards,
SRH
Old 10-15-2012, 04:07 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
SRH
Had a similar problem, took the cover off and tapped the motor with the head of a screwdriver and it started running. Had to do that numerous times and it finally began starting like it should. That was a year ago and no problems since.
Talked to aqua hot folks at a rally about it and they just stated it was probably just a stubborn motor and needed a little help to get loosened up ( the coach was new)
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you very much, RonK! It makes sense.

Kind Regards,

SRH
Old 10-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=RonK;1339868]SRH
Had a similar problem, took the cover off and tapped the motor with the head of a screwdriver and it started running. Had to do that numerous times and it finally began starting like it should. That was a year ago and no problems since.
Talked to aqua hot folks at a rally about it and they just stated it was probably just a stubborn motor and needed a little help to get loosened up ( the coach was new)[/QUOTE

]There is no such thing as a stubborn electric motor and electric motors do not break in. If you are having problems with it from the beginning you will continue to have problems. Sometimes a bearing gets a bad spot and when the motor stops on that it has trouble starting your hitting it with a screwdriver it is just forcing it off of that spot. ( or a bad spot on the rotor etc. ) Have it replaced while it is under warranty. Write a letter to aquahot telling them you dont appreciate their representatives putting out eroneous information in order to avoid warranty repairs
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

It's true that the odds are good it'll happen again. I agree with that but I'd hold off on the letter. There ain't no warranty left on a 6 year old Allegro Bus.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #8

Quote:

Would appreciate any ideas!

SRH
its most likely a one way flow valve.Brass valve in the line right behind the circulate pumps.Tap it gently with a small mallot or hammer.They stick from inactivity.there is a 90% chance thats what is wrong and not the pump motor itself.
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #9
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrepairnut View Post
its most likely a one way flow valve.Brass valve in the line right behind the circulate pumps.Tap it gently with a small mallot or hammer.They stick from inactivity.there is a 90% chance thats what is wrong and not the pump motor itself.
RvRepairNut - Thanks for suggestion. This is probably unfair and would be asking for too much! But I have no idea where that valve is, any pics.?
Kind regards,
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #10

Quote:
RvRepairNut - Thanks for suggestion. This is probably unfair and would be asking for too much! But I have no idea where that valve is, any pics.?
Kind regards,
upper left see the two brass valves in the two hoses leading from the two pumps
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #11

Hope you pumped the anti freeze thru the aqua hot, blowing the lines WILL NOT protect the unit. Fresh water will remain in the bottom of the coils, freeze and burst the copper lines. Very expensive. Richard
richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn View Post
Hope you pumped the anti freeze thru the aqua hot, blowing the lines WILL NOT protect the unit. Fresh water will remain in the bottom of the coils, freeze and burst the copper lines. Very expensive. Richard
Richard,
How do I do that, do you know? The local RV repair shop did no know much about it.
Thanks for your suggestion!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #13

SRH

When winterizing with the Aqua hot it is essential that the pink RV antifreeze completely replaces any water in the system.

Some people just use air to blow out the fresh water lines. This may be ok for Non Aqua hot systems.

With an Aqua Hot you should pump pink antifreeze thru the system. I have a "winterization hose" T'd into the water line near the fresh water pump. I put the hose into a bottle of the pink RV antifreeze and can then open each faucet in turn till the pink stuff comes out. Both hot and cold sides. I start at the low point drain as it is easy to get to then I do the outside shower and move inside for the faucets, shower, toilet, and washer.

Steve
StevenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #14

My Bus had a 12 inch piece of hose that had a female fitting on one end. It was zip tied next to the pump, I disconnect the water line from the fresh tank to the pump, screw the short hose to the pump fitting and put the open end of the hose into rv pink antizreeze and turn on the pump, then open all water faucets one at a time till it runs pink, includeing the washer by running it on warm so hot and cold are flowing, then pour a gallon into the washer and let it pump out so the washer trap is full of pink. takes about 2 1/2 to 3 gallons.
Another way, if you have a built in fresh water hose reel is to buy a 120 volt cheap sump pump, get a 5 gallon bucket, pour 3 gallons of pink in the bucket, hook the sump pump to the rv hose and plug in the pump. That will put pink in your hose, the system, and do not forget to to run enough to get the pink in alll drains and your outside faucet. Richard
richardn is offline   Reply With Quote