Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2021, 07:57 AM   #1

Are Tiffin coaches being shipped?

With a shortage of air conditioners and furniture, and now a recall on the rear end differential on the F53 chassis, does anyone know if any Tiffin motorhomes are getting shipped to dealers at all? I hate to think that new coaches are sitting on the back lot for months to come since I have one ordered.
mikervet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2021, 09:12 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Call Tiffin with your order number and they will give you the current status.
BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:35 AM   #3

A friend of mine was in Red Bay last week having work done and asked that very question. The answer was yes they are shipping new units as the various pieces needed for completion arrive and are installed. The Tiffin employee he was speaking to said there were over 300 coaches waiting for completion.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
A friend of mine was in Red Bay last week having work done and asked that very question. The answer was yes they are shipping new units as the various pieces needed for completion arrive and are installed. The Tiffin employee he was speaking to said there were over 300 coaches waiting for completion.

Talked to my friend again, he's back in Red Bay for more followup work. He checked with his buddy at Tiffin and they were down to about 200 coaches waiting and the number was dropping each week as parts are starting to arrive in greater volume. So, it looks like Tiffin is starting to clear some of the backlog. The problem they are having now is getting enough delivery drivers to transport the finished coaches.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:39 PM   #5
Fio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Unrelated subject, what's the procedure now to have work done at Red Bay? Is it first come first serve? Is it the same for warranty work? I just purchased a new coach and would much rather take it to Red Bay than to the dealer but I'm still working so I can't sit and wait a week to get it in. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2021, 05:32 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fio View Post
Unrelated subject, what's the procedure now to have work done at Red Bay? Is it first come first serve? Is it the same for warranty work? I just purchased a new coach and would much rather take it to Red Bay than to the dealer but I'm still working so I can't sit and wait a week to get it in. Thanks!
It's going to depend on what you need done. They are first come first served, but if your issues can be taken care of in an express bay you will get in faster. The two techs can do a lot of repairs in their three hour time slot. Right now is one of the worst times to go to Red Bay with the annual north south migration. The best times are January/February or July/August when the demand is lower.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:48 PM   #7
Fio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
The best times are January/February or July/August when the demand is lower.
That sounds great for me. I was looking at the late August time period. Of course, when it gets close to that time I'll call Tiffin and get specifics. Thank you!
Old 04-30-2021, 11:15 PM   #8

Are Tiffins being shipped?

Today I drove past a Montgomery, AL RV dealer - and close to the street were two Tiff's (complete or not I don't know).

I lusted over the both of them - a Phaeton and an Allegro Bus.

Had I become a famous Rock and Roll Star / football player (instead of a soldier) one of them could be mine.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:54 PM   #9

I went to Red Bay in mid Feb. Went through the express bay the following day. Left the second day. Dash heater and A / C had no power. Replaced control box and out the door.
Dennis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:58 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I talked to Tiffin Service late last week trying to get a Coleman Mach 8 A/C for my Phaeton. They did not have any available and he said they had over 200 motorhomes waiting for parts, suggesting most were waiting on ACs.
RH_RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:02 PM   #11

I have a 2022 Phaeton 40IH on order since August 2021 and believe now that I may never get it!
StevenN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:17 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Have you spoken with your salesperson? When I bought mine, I know that my salesperson was great at direct contact with my manufacturer for progress updates.

Yeah, I know, different salesperson and different manufacturer.

Still, it's worth a try.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-28-2021, 02:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenN View Post
I have a 2022 Phaeton 40IH on order since August 2021 and believe now that I may never get it!

You need to adjust your expectations. With the current order volumes and parts backlogs you can expect a 90 to 120 day build-delivery window and possibly longer. When things were running normally 2 years ago it was taking 45 to 90 days for delivery.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:54 PM   #14

You will have to be patient. I finally picked up my 2022 32SA on 8/23. It was ordered on 3/19. Sadly the quality issues are real. It has to go to Redbay to get the slide worked on, but it is useable. I took several weeks to go over it when I got it home. There are many minor quality issues that I will probably just live with and some I have already fixed myself. Many people would not even notice some of the problems or would even care. I went over it very thoroughly and I am sure I missed some things. If I would have them fix everything I probably would not see it for months. I tell myself that other brands would be as bad and probably worse. Hope yours comes out to your satisfaction.
mikervet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin