Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #1

Attention 38QRA Owners I need your help

Wife and I have shopped and think we found the one it is a 2014 Tiffin Red 38qra
I need the good,bad and the ugly
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2014, 11:48 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Owners of a 2014 Allegro Red 38QRA

We bought ours in November and picked it up in March, 2014. Since then we drove it to Disney from Pittsburgh and then left in June for Alaska. We are presently in Vancouver so we have put 7000 miles and have navigated all kinds of roads and weather conditions. Generally we are very satisfied. The power on mountain climbs with our 340hp is much better than anticipated and as is our fuel efficiency of 9 mpg. It is spacious, very comfortable, and affords us plenty of room to live on the road with our 4 month adventure. The negatives are the the seatings. The chair turns into a trajectile with a sudden stop. It is not anchored and the dealer told us there is no way to anchor the chair. This is clearly a dangerous design flaw. Additionally, the dinette chairs need to be anchored in motion. We use a large bungee cord around the chair backs which seems to do the trick. Finally, there are only 2 seat belts on the couch which severely limits legal seating in motion. The residential refrigerator is wonderful as are the other appliances including the oven and washer and dryer.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #3

Thanks for the info it will help with my decision
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #4

We just took delivery of a new 2015 Red 38 QRA and have put a few thousand miles on it so far, no negatives and plenty of pro's for this motorhome, I have not experienced any problems with chairs moving around while driving.

I would highly recommend the Red 38QRA, it is an awesome motorhome.

Good luck with your purchase.
jax1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #5

2015 RED has been switched to the Freightliner XCM chassis. Higher GVWR. http://freightlinerchassis.com/image...egro%20Red.pdf

The Phaeton & RED were formerly on XCR chassis. Non tag axle 2015 Phaeton also switched to XCM.
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horvath View Post
The chair... It is not anchored and the dealer told us there is no way to anchor the chair.
Don't have a Red (yet) but have looked at several. Every coach I remember looking at had the clamp in the floor for the recliner. Wonder if your dealer just didn't want to deal with it?
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #7

I'm so glad to see your response, we just bought a used 2014 38' red,don't even have it home yet, but i was concerned wheater i had done the right thing, but this makes me feel much better. We took our 2010 in to have some work done and came home with the 2014. We fell in love with the floor plan, ours was a 36' and the new floor plan and the extra 2' make a huge difference.
marc6 is offline   Reply With Quote