Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #1

Atwood electric leveling jacks

My jacks are in the up position, but the control panel indicates the left rear is in the down positon. It is not down. The alarm goes off when put in drive. Got any suggestions?
Dwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2014, 04:23 AM   #2

Here are a couple of manuals you can read thru. Please post or include in your signature line your year/make/model coach which makes it easier for people to help you in future posts.

http://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com/crusingator/P/P-016.pdf

http://comnet2.newmarcorp.com/instan...ges/PIB009.pdf
Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #3

Call atwood They have a great tech support team I think the girls name was sarah that helped me
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz View Post
Call atwood They have a great tech support team I think the girls name was sarah that helped me
I think you may mean Sue Noyes (800) 546-8759. She really knows her stuff.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #5

Yes it was Sue she is very helpful
Old 02-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I think you may mean Sue Noyes (800) 546-8759. She really knows her stuff.
A very strong suggestion.

Create a file for your Atwood correspondences with Sue. She is very knowledgeable. Do not underestimate her knowledge of the entire product line. However, she is representing Atwood and not you. It is up to you and you alone to maintain a file of "issues" that you had or have with your jacks. In case you ever get to the point of replacing the system and or warranty questions, the first question she will ask is "How many times have you had this problem and did you report it to us and when"....

Trust me, been there done that. Treat her with respect and she will work very hard to get you fixed up. Best of luck.

Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #7

My jacks were dead no response I called a dealer after a few test he said it was the board and to bring it in 3 hours away I called atwood and sue answered and she asked me if I have ever had a dead battery and I said I did 2 weeks ago
She said to unhook a cable on the board unplug a plug then plug the plug back in and hook the cable back up and it worked perfect Thanks Sue she saved me a 6 hour drive
Old 02-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #8

Thank you. This is my first time posting. I appreciate your suggestions. I will show my husband the manuals.
Dwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #9

Hi, that is the same problem that I experienced, it took about 3 times to finally get it ok, 94 Newmar sent me a process to try, but it wouldn't correct my problem, but it is worth a try.

Well, all operations are now normal, since I followed this troubleshooting process:

1. Disconnect power to one jack by unplugging jack quick connect at jack motor.
2. Turn power on at keyboard.
3. Press "RET" and "ALL" buttons together to put system in error.
4. The buzzer should sound on the keypad and the jack lights should be blinking red and green.
5. Turn keypad off by pressing the ON button.
6. Reconnect power to disconnected jack.
7. Turn keypad on by pressing ON button.
8. Hold down the EXT button and the DRIVER and REAR buttons together for 10 seconds to run the passenger rear jack down.
9. Hold down the EXT button and the PASS and REAR buttons together for 10 seconds to run the passenger rear jack down.
10. Hold down the EXT button and the DRIVER and FRONT buttons together for 10 seconds to run the passenger front jack down.
11. Hold down the EXT button and the PASS and FRONT buttons together for 10 seconds to run the passenger front jack down.
12. Visually inspect to see that all jacks moved and went down a few inches.
13. Press release the RET and ALL buttons together to bring the jacks up.
14. All jacks will come up to full retraction and stop after a few clutches of the motor.

This sequence is really the only one available on the Atwood website, and seems to apply for most problems.

I've run them through the "retract all" and "auto" extend process two or three times this morning without a problem.

Thanks all for your help.

This is what 94Newmar sent me, try it also:

Dear ginaandharol,

You are subscribed to the thread "Atwood electric jacks" by ginaandharol, there have been 1 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was 94-Newmar.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/atwoo...ks-204261.html

These following posts were made to the thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/atwoo...ml#post2059664
Posted by: 94-Newmar
On: 05-20-2014 04:42 AM

Atwood Levelegs have no limit switch and instead utilize a timing (in seconds) along with "clutching" detection (amps/volts) to determine the full up position. Try this...

*To reset UP position timers...*
1. Press “ON”. This will shut the warning alarm off.
2. Simultaneously hold down all four direction buttons and the “All”
button. This resets the timers so controls will detect the next clutch.
3. Press “RET” and “ALL” buttons. The system is now out of error
mode and ready for normal operations

All the best,
iRV2 Forums

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/subscript...977372d090359d
ginaandharol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atwood, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks