RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2016, 10:48 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Awning Replacement Costs

Hi,
My '04 Allegro 30DA is in need of new awnings all around. Having never had to replace these on my former RV, I was hoping I could get some feedback on relative costs for fabric, and installation. The sizes I need are: main awning - 14', LR slide out - 11', BR slide out - 7'. I found some decent prices on Ebay but I'm not sure if it wouldn't be less of a hassle to just let an installer do it all with fabrics included. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
tedjr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
The awnings aren't that hard to replace, there are YouTube videos showing how to do it. The labor cost is what you would save. Why not see about taking an awning off and decide if you want to tackle it yourself?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I would definitely do it myself if (1) I had a qualified helper, and (2) space enough to work in. I watched several of the videos on YouTube and it is definitely a two man job.
tedjr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:28 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did slide covers by myself on old '03 Adventurer. Bedroom slideout was around 6 feet, living room 14 feet. The original covers only lasted three years.
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:38 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedjr55 View Post
I would definitely do it myself if (1) I had a qualified helper, and (2) space enough to work in. I watched several of the videos on YouTube and it is definitely a two man job.
With free beer all things are possible.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:51 PM   #6

I just replaced the fabric on my main awning (22ft) my helpers were my DW and my 45 yo daughter. Watched the videos and took us 3 hours. Could do it now in 2 or less. Also repaired my slide awning (14ft) which had slid toward rear about 4 ". Put slide out finished unrolling by hand,one person on each end and inserted a finishing nail to hold it and slid the fabric in place, removed the nail and put screw in to insure it would not move again. time 30 min. Do it your self after watching the videos a couple of times.
Bandt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, awning, replace, replacement