Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Axle weights for 2014 Allegro 32 CA

We are considering a 2014 Allegro 32 CA. Does anyone have the dry weights for the front & rear axles?

I know the factory weighs each unit, but they wouldn't tell me what the weight was on each of the axles. We are trying to decide if we need to look at the TGA.

Thanks.

Dave
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #2

Sorry I can't answer your question , but another member should be along with the info shortly.
Was the total UVW listed ? CCC ?
Old 09-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard Dave. Sorry I can't help with your question. Best of luck on an answer. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #4

I just went through the Tiffin web site; can't believe they don't list UVW, or CCC. In their spec sheets. Almost like they are trying to hide something.
Is the unit your looking at , in stock at a dealer ?
If so make having it weighed a part of the deal, for a coach of that size if you don't have an absolute minimum of, 3,000 lbs of Cargo Carrying Capacity. ( 1,000 front , 2,000rear) don't buy it. It'll be overloaded by the time you're loaded for travel. JMHO.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Exclamation

I’m a little leery of all RV companies regarding weights. We just got out of the purchase of a very nice class C with 3 slides we had ordered. It was beautiful, but would be over weight with even modest loading. Thanks for the guidelines on axle weights. I really don’t want to be worried about loading. We usually travel fairly light, but more CCC is better.

I called Tiffin and asked about axle weights. The person I talked to said they weigh each RV when it rolls off the line, just before it goes to the paint shop, but this person didn’t have the dry axle weights.

I too wonder why the CCC isn’t published.

The Tiffin dealer is 500 miles away, so I hoped I could get an idea of the weights before we go.

Thanks for the tip!

Dave
Old 09-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Exclamation

I’m a little leery of all RV companies regarding weights. We just got out of the purchase of a very nice class C with 3 slides we had ordered. It was beautiful, but would be over weight with even modest loading. Thanks for the guidelines on axle weights. I really don’t want to be worried about loading. We usually travel fairly light, but more CCC is better.

I called Tiffin and asked about axle weights. The person I talked to said they weigh each RV when it rolls off the line, just before it goes to the paint shop, but this person didn’t have the dry axle weights.

I too wonder why the CCC isn’t published.

The Tiffin dealer is 500 miles away, so I hoped I could get an idea of the weights before we go.

Thanks for the tip!

Dave
Old 09-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #7

I'm looking at the Allegro Owners manual for our 2012 32CA and they don't answer your question about weight by axel. CCC - GVWR 22,000 minus; UVW 18,208 (unloaded vehicle weight - but with fuel, engine oil, coolants); minus fresh water 59 gal. - 490lbs.; minus propane 24gal. - 81 lbs; 4 persons @ 154lbs. - minus 616lbs. = CCC of 2,605.

So I can carry 490 more lbs, because I don't keep any fresh water. And another 300lbs - only 2 passengers + 2 small dogs and a large cat.

So I guess my CCC is about 3,300 lbs.

I guess if I was extremely concerned about CCC I would have unit weighed empty of personal items and then get it weighed with what I would normally carry. I really don't believe we carry much over 1,000 lbs. We have only been going out for 1 or 2 weeks and only to RV Parks. Dave
Old 09-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #8

Thanks Allergro1x, for posting the info from your manual , or was that off your weight sticker ?

There is an idea for you , Caswelld, if you have contact with the sales lot , have them email you photos of the weight sticker , from the unit you're interested in and the 34TGA.

Allergro1x's, CCC of about 3,000 lbs. with tanks full, ( fresh, fuel & LP) and 2 passengers, is respectable. Haven't got a clue why Tiffin, wouldn't publish that.

CCC. is a good thing to be aware of , DW and I were shown a beautiful , Class A pusher with every option, tile , hardwood the whole 9 yards, CCC of 518 lbs. ( with only a 145 lb. driver) by the time she and I, ( and her purse ) were on board we wouldn't have been able to put a six pack in the fridge, without being over weight. I weighed 145; once, I think I was 14.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:19 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I received a 2015 Allegro 32ca I ordered from Tiffin just a few weeks ago. Attached is a pdf file showing the posted weights in the RV as well as my CAT scale results. When weighed it was full of gas, 2/3 full water, and full propane. Loaded with clothes, food, lawn chairs, tools, wife, dogs, .. all the normal stuff carried in the RV for 2 week outing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Allegro 32ca Weights.pdf (610.6 KB, 121 views)
Calliedo02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight