Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #1

Backup Camera Instruction Video

Is there a video on using the backup camera for my 2014 Phaeton? When I use the turn signals, I get multiple views on the screen. I would like to see only the left camera with left turn signal and only the right camera with the right turn signal.
novi2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #2

For starters, see if this manual is of any help. If not, see if you can find any model number for your system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Triple Vision STM-7000Q.pdf (647.4 KB, 409 views)
Gaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #3

Triple Vision choice by Tiffin was NOT one of their better moves. The manual is poorly written, poorly organized and the system periodically resets to whatever display it wants to, regardless of what it was showing just the day before. Yes, it can be set back to where it was, but not without a major effort and considerable time playing with it. These guys NEVER HEARD OF "Intuitively obvious" Finding any info on the system on the WEB is just about impossible.

Furthermore, the camera doesn't work for squat in the dark. Yes, I know few RV'ers travel at night, but we had a setup on a 2005 Diesel Bounder that worked great in the dark. The camera had a ring of IR LED's that lit the toad perfectly. I finally added a red flood light to the back of the 2013 Bus and now I can see the toad coming east out of Tucson at 4AM. Blacker than ----- on the desert at that time of the morning. The light works fine, but it sure looks like garbage back there. Great advertising for Tiffin's attention to details.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:18 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just tried to read the manual, you are right, this is the poorest written manual I have ever seen.
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:32 AM   #5

I agree. The manual is terrible. ?
novi2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by novi2some View Post
I agree. The manual is terrible. ?
Well I'm very sorry the attachment wasn't any help, it is what it is.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
Well I'm very sorry the attachment wasn't any help, it is what it is.
Obviously not your fault. If anyone is at fault it's the management of Triple Vision who produced such a piece of trash and Tiffin for getting sucked in to buying it and not insisting that the company at least hire a competent tech writer to produce some technical information that the end users can understand. Just getting a copy of the documentation you posted is a major effort. Thanks for doing that.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Obviously not your fault. If anyone is at fault it's the management of Triple Vision who produced such a piece of trash and Tiffin for getting sucked in to buying it and not insisting that the company at least hire a competent tech writer to produce some technical information that the end users can understand. Just getting a copy of the documentation you posted is a major effort. Thanks for doing that.
Thank you
Old 09-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #9

Triple Vision Display Went Dark

Thanks for the manual for what it is. We are trying to figure out what happened this weekend. We have a 2017 Allegro Red 33aa and when we stopped for an hour and re-started the engine, the Triple Vision camera display was totally black (none of the blue "buttons" were lit). Red Bay Service was closed for the weekend so we tried re-setting the 12v, turned on and off the master switch at the batteries, reached inside the lower cabinet where we could reach the wires and finally and called CouchNet. Nothing worked that we tried or they suggested so we decided to continue down the road without cameras (side or back up). Later that evening we turned off the engine took a break and turned it back on Viola! the camera display lite up. Problem is we don't know what caused it or if there is something else we should have tried. Any ideas or has this happened to you?
bhazzard123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #10

I was just reading this to figure out how to change the settings, and in theory I get it, in practice I've not tried it yet. Basically, you are looking for the TRIGGER sub-menu in the Monitor Menu, which you get to through the M button. Each trigger (1-4) can have it's own setting. For example, the backup camera is on trigger one, which is camera 1. But triggers 3 and 4 (I think) are on PIP. They can be set to single camera. I'm going to fiddle with this the next time I'm out.

I do know that you can press the Q button at any time toggle through the display (I've done this when pulling in someplace tight) but it reverts back to the set mode the next time.

I think the system is actually pretty flexible, but the instructions suck.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:58 AM   #11

bhazzard123 / TexasSprinter,

Here is a link to the manufacturer of that unit;

STM-7000Q | Suntech

You might try to use the "Contact Us" tab to see if you can get some more information on the unit.

Tags
camera