Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2021, 07:14 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Basement heater

I will be traveling somewhere cold over Thanksgiving and have a question about heating my tanks. There is a rheostat in my wet bay and it is labeled AquaHot. There is no on/off switch, so I am assuming that any time the AquaHot is turned on, the bay will be heated, based on where the rheostat is set. The range is from 19 F to 63 F. I’m assuming that these represent temps like a thermostat, the desired temperature to be achieved or some approximation. Do I need to do anything to activate this thing other than turn on the AquaHot from my inside control panel? I don’t see anything that says bay heat. Also, does this run off the diesel or electric side of the AquaHot? Do I need to have the diesel component turned on in order for it to work? Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2A9DE365-718E-445A-B32C-7466C8323F18.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	348902  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2021, 08:31 AM   #2

You are correct in your assumptions. just set it to a temperature, and if you are running your aquahot diesel or electric, it will heat the basement area. The copper line is the temperature sensor, so wherever the end of it is located is where the temperature measurement is taken, not the location of the dial.

Another thing to keep in mind is the amount of heat needed. If running on electric, AquaHots have a sing or double heating element. If you have a single element, it's about 1500 watts, or 5000 btu. That's the limit on 120V. All electric heaters are in this range for their max heat. If you need heat in the living area and basement, 5000 btu won't be enough. You will have to run the AquaHot on diesel, which produces about 50,000+ btus of heat, depending on the model you have.

Running your AquaHot on electric only is good for providing hot water. If you need heat for living and basement space, you need to run on diesel.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:53 AM   #3

I have a 2017 Tiffin 33AA, does it have a heated basement space
Kramster7
kramster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 11:05 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster7 View Post
I have a 2017 Tiffin 33AA, does it have a heated basement space
Kramster7
Not unless you have AquaHot. Your basement is most likely heated by the rear propane furnace.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:27 AM   #5

Our 33AA basement was heated by the rear propane furnace.
bsedor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basement heat, heat, heater