Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2018, 04:56 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Bedroom slide

On my 2013 Allegro 36la I pressed the switch to bring in the slide and it made the noise like it was coming in then it stopped with no noise at all.I pressed the switch with no reaction.What should I check first?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #2

The fuse.
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:03 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Its probably the controller. It should be in one of your bays. It may or may not show a code. Press the little button on the controller 7 times and re-try your slide. I have a controller that is kind of wonky till I figured out its"personality".
Props2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:00 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I believe that the slide mechanism is under the bed. Lots of wires and stuff laying all over the place under there. Many have report loose or pulled out wires. If you raise the bed you will see how to pull the molding off near the head of the bed and then a thin piece of luan slides out to give you access to the mechanism.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:34 AM   #5

Go on line and look up “swinteck manual over ride” and you’ll get plenty of how to videos including ones from swinteck / lippert.

My guess is your slide controller is in a storage bay under the bed.

If the manual over ride works, then look up “re-sync” swinteck slide and you’ll find out how to to that too as it will need to be done. You’ll also learn that you should hold the slide button for about 5 seconds after the slides fully extends or retracts to help keep the motors synced.

Hopefully that will easily resolve your problem.

If you find you actually have a motor / drive / gear problem, that’s an entirely different subject and is not a particually easy project and may not be a DIY.

Good luck
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:52 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you all.I am away from the MH until the 25th. so I will try your suggestions. I appreciate the response. Travel safe and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
One thing I would like to add to Betr2Trvl comments. My slide would continue to go out of sync after re-sync'ing. What I found is if the slide is extended, and I want to retract, I would hold the extend button a few seconds before hitting the retract button. This verified the slide is completely out. I do the same thing if the slide is already retracted and want to extend. I figured there is probably just a wee bit of play in the mechanism. I have not had the slide "hang" since using this method,ever. In fact, I do this for all my slide operations now and have never had a problem. I think everyone's mh has some sort of personality for certain operational functions. I know mine does.
Props2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Pawpa1,

Which slide mechanism do you have? Do you have metal tracks on the outside wall of the slide or are the slide sides smooth.

If you have the internal slide mechanism, lift the mattress and start looking under your bed for something blocking the slide (socks are a good culprit). You may have to remove the cover over the mechanism to be sure nothing is stuck there. Reset the breaker and put your slide in or out.

If you have Schwintek slides (the ones with the outside rails) check the slide controller for errors. There are good troubleshooting guides on the Lippert Components website that will guide you through the process.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed slide.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	229165

Click image for larger version

Name:	bedslide2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	229166Again I am pretty sure there is one motor for that slide and it is under the bed. My friend has a 36 LA and I just spoke to him to confirm. I don't believe there is anything in the compartments below the slide. Here are a couple of pictures. The bottom picture is looking toward the head of the bed and the gears are under the plywood strip to the right of the motor.

There was another problem with this type slide. There are rollers under the bottom of the box where you store your store stuff. You have to remove the floor of the box to get to it. I will post a link to the fix in the next post.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:43 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Here is a link to the discussion on the 2013 gasser bedroom slide issue. I fixed mine almost 4 years ago and it is still solid as a rock.

A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork - Login
Old 12-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Great write-ups. I have been reading all I can on bedroom slide outs. I don't want to heist anyone's posts but I am stumped. I have a 2006 Open Road 32BA with electric bedroom slide. Mine kinda has some of the same symptoms. Mine goes out great it's retracting that doesn't work so great. Motor works fine. No blown fuses/etc. It comes in a little then stops. No obstruction around rollers. I have re-crimped all wires. Here's the kicker. I push the in switch, comes in a little, then with switch still pushed, I kick/rattled bed frame and it retracts. I am stumped.

Bob
Bangorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
Great write-ups. I have been reading all I can on bedroom slide outs. I don't want to heist anyone's posts but I am stumped. I have a 2006 Open Road 32BA with electric bedroom slide. Mine kinda has some of the same symptoms. Mine goes out great it's retracting that doesn't work so great. Motor works fine. No blown fuses/etc. It comes in a little then stops. No obstruction around rollers. I have re-crimped all wires. Here's the kicker. I push the in switch, comes in a little, then with switch still pushed, I kick/rattled bed frame and it retracts. I am stumped.

Bob
What did you figure out?
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:02 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
On my system there is a rail under the bed that had the motor/etc. The rail rides on a couple plastic rollers and a gear. The plastic rollers were so tight that in my opinion it was impeding the movement of the slide just enough to possibly trip the fuse. I raised the rail the thickness of paint stirring sticks. Put it back together AND so far so good.
It works every push of the button now. Maybe I got lucky by doing this, but I had tried everything I have read on line and this worked.
Bangorbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide