Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2016, 07:57 PM   #1

Best Tiffin dealer in Ca?

I am looking to order a 2017!Allegro 36LA and would like opinions on Ca dealers I'm in San Diege we have La Mesa Rv here but if I could get some recomondations I would appreciate it.
kg6vvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2016, 08:33 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A lot of the Tiffin owners out west will order from the east coast and save a lot of money. They pick it up in the east and drive it themselves to CA to save the transport fees.

Lazy Days in Florida has a fly in/drive out deal where they will pay to fly you to their dealership and they stock a lot of Tiffins.
https://www.lazydays.com

Sherman RV also has a lot of Tiffins and has been known to make good deals.
Tiffin Motorhomes Mississippi Allegro Bus for Sale | Sherman RV

You don't have to worry about having it serviced by a Tiffin dealer when you get it back to CA. Tiffin will authorize you take it to a dealer of your choice for warranty work with prior approval.

These dealers will set you up with temporary tags so you can drive it back.

I forgot to mention that you while you are back east you can stop in Red Bay, AL where the factory is and take the tour to see how they build them.

Good Luck,
Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
My dealings with La Mesa were fine.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got ours used from Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley.
Happy with them, but we never had any warranty work done.
They fixed several things before we took delivery, coach was 6 months old
Regards,,

Dan
Old 05-01-2016, 11:45 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
We saved quite a lot of money purchasing our 36LA from Davis Motorhome Mart in Memphis. They are terrific people to deal with. We ordered ours with the options and colors we wanted. It was much better than settling for something on the lot. I suggest talking to Danny Davis directly. Neither La Mesa or Mike Thompson could come close the deal we got from Danny.

Good luck

PS If you decide to order, ask a lot of questions about options. When we bought ours, Tiffin did things for us that were not on the option sheet at the time (i.e. wiring for Travel'r, Magnum inverter, porcelain toilet in 1/2 bath, sleep number bed)

Some of these are now offered as options and/or standard equipment.
909dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:01 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I researched all over the US and found the best prices at La Mesa RV in Phoenix. Saved a bunch and there were no hassles. Ordered it in January and picked it up in April. Great a Service Department. They made sure everything worked perfectly before delivery. No pressure sales force. They have one price and, even though I made a lot of changes to my order, no added cost. Love the rig.

sjg1277
Tiffin Red 37 PA
Jeep Wrangler
Sjg1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:49 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Send out an RFQ to the dealers mentioned (La Mesa, Lazy Days, Sherman, Davis and anyone else you choose). Make sure you are asking for the exact same thing and watch what happens. I will predict that Davis and Sherman will be the lowest by several thousand dollars. If you don't mind doing a cross country drive for delivery, Davis and Sherman will be your best bet for before and after sale service.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
Send out an RFQ to the dealers mentioned (La Mesa, Lazy Days, Sherman, Davis and anyone else you choose). Make sure you are asking for the exact same thing and watch what happens. I will predict that Davis and Sherman will be the lowest by several thousand dollars. If you don't mind doing a cross country drive for delivery, Davis and Sherman will be your best bet for before and after sale service.
Totally agree, if you are ordering a new unit [what we did] I sent out a identical spec sheet to 7 different dealers, sherman was by far the cheapest [Davis never responded back to my email] la mesa and mike thompsons did the old call us last and then I will give you our price, I did call back each and they both passed on the price I got from Sherman. Sherman RV's Andy Pearson was first to respond with a price that ended up being the lowest for me by 15k [we just picked up our 32SA in March] well worth the flight and drive home,,,,took 2 weeks to bring it home, great first trip,,,,,Also Sherman is so close to Red Bay that their PDI IMHO is second to none super good customer service,,,,,,when we got home took it to a Registration store in HB paid my reg and tax on my credit card, got rebate for that and walked out 30 minutes later with plates and reg.....be sure to know where the smog compliant sticker is cuz DMV or satellite shop will need to see it[mine was on the passenger side valve cover] good luck
Old 05-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Something to keep in mind if buying from out of state and returning to California is that you will need several visits to the DMV to prove where it was made and certified and to make sure you paid the appropriate fees. I had to have my brand new Motorhome smogged too. Five trips to the DMV later, I had my registration. Just a caution.

Jack

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:44 AM   #10

We have bought 2(3) motor homes from La Mesa in San Diego . I say 2()3 because we had our first 2015 Phaeton burn up at the dealership while in for service. They were great in helping us get a new one ordered, etc.

We never really felt pressured to buy, but had our questions answered. Were shown new and used on the lot but decided to order the configuration we wanted.

Service has been ok. Like many rv dealers it can take time to get things done, especially in the major travel season. One service item we had taken care of in December was a replacement for the aired mattress in the sleeper sofa as it would not hold air.
We are currently on a month long trip and it was the first time we used the mattress sinc it was replaced. The new one would not hold air and they put in a full size rather than a queen. We called and they approved us to order one from amazon(prime able) to get at our current destination and they will reimburse.

For us, the dollars saved by buying back east did not equate with our travel time, expense , timing and the issues with registering it in CA once we returned, etc. We were given a fair price on our trade in and a decent percentage off the list price of our coach.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #11

I will offer my highest recommendation regarding a salesperson. I cannot say it would apply to the dealership with a different salesperson. We purchased from Mike Thompson RV Santa Fe Springs, the saleslady was Sher Lyckman. (Sher Lyckman 760-272-9680)
We were in contact with Cher for over a year as we searched for a perfect coach. When she thought she found the right rig she called us, and it was close enough to result in a sale. We did not get any of the...this is as close as we can get, 6 people waiting, etc. Everything she promised was delivered, and I know that she kept track of her promises and made sure they were honored by the dealership.
So much for my recommendation.
I wasn't real pleased with my one and only service experience with the dealership, but that is not a problem, as the dealership is over an hour away, and I have my rig serviced locally when needed. The very few warranty problems I had with the interior of the coach were things I could easily fix myself, and Tiffin just shipped the needed parts, no charge.
I am indeed a happy camper.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknKay View Post
Something to keep in mind if buying from out of state and returning to California is that you will need several visits to the DMV to prove where it was made and certified and to make sure you paid the appropriate fees. I had to have my brand new Motorhome smogged too. Five trips to the DMV later, I had my registration. Just a caution.

Jack

Interesting... I went to a private DMV registration shop in Huntington Beach took in the paperwork I got from Sherman RV showed them the 50 state smog compliant sticker on the valve cover paid my fees and walked out with plates in 30 minutes....cost for their service was 60 bucks....well worth it to me
Old 05-09-2016, 05:11 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknKay View Post

Jack

We bought ours at Davis MH. Brought the coach to Needles DMV after having it smogged at the local smog shop, gave them the "origin" documents, paid the fees, and walked out with the plates. 5 minute wait at Needles DMV. It took longer to smog it.
909dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #14

30% off list

Hi all I was at the Stadum RV show this weekend and meet a salesman that works for several dealers. He says he can get me 30% off list on a new Tiffin. I'm assuming that's about the most I can expect? What do others think?
kg6vvo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, tiffin