Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2022, 06:07 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Black and Gray tank fluid level sensors

My 2021 34PA keeps having a problem with the sensors falling off.
The Tanks are above the sewer and water valving in the driverside compartment, you cant see the black and grey water tanks like you can see the fresh water tank, has anyone removed the water valve panel to gain access to the tanks so that the sensors can be properly mounted?
The Dealer ship is just placing two side tape and guessing on the location when they blindly place the sensors, they only lasted for one trip and then fall off again.
TIFFIN34PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2022, 11:04 AM   #2
PKI

Do some research. The three stage sensor system is a poor choice. Cut your loss and install the SeeLevel % system.

Until you have the budget for that mod, clean under the sensors and use the glue recommended by Tiffin Customer Service to replace them.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 10:21 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
When I asked Tiffin a couple years ago I was told to use super glue. I did and the sensors are still in place. I didn't remove the panel to place them; I just blindly felt with my hand and reached up behind the panel. First I contorted myself to see behind the panel and with a flashlight saw what needed to be done, cleaned the tank and the back of the sensor, put super glue on the sensor and stuck it up there. Not a job of neat and accurate finesse, but it worked.
wog099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:36 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am going to attempt to remove the panel so that I can be more accurate in the placement, thanks for the super glue info.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:38 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Do some research. The three stage sensor system is a poor choice. Cut your loss and install the SeeLevel % system.

Until you have the budget for that mod, clean under the sensors and use the glue recommended by Tiffin Customer Service to replace them.
How does the sea level % system get installed?
Old 11-18-2022, 02:44 PM   #6
PKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFFIN34PA View Post
How does the sea level % system get installed?
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...structions.pdf
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:56 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I removed the water bay panel to gain access to the grey and black tanks, not an easy job! Only the bottom sensor on both tanks were still glued on.
I did as suggested and super glued all of the sensors on after a cleaning and placed gorilla tape over them for added security. The gorilla tape alone would probably do the job.
If the sensors stay in place I dont see the need to replace them, they basically do the same thing but only 3 readings not a %, Is there a reliability issue with the sensors I have?

Tags
fluid, gray tank, tank