Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #15

Assume you purchased from RV Corral. They have a good reputation and reviews are pretty good. Did they give you a specific reason for not wanting to assist in resolving your issues, or did they just blow you off to Freightliner? Granted, if your issue(s) are chassis related, the dealer will be of zero assistance as they only will deal with the coach parts and maybe the generator. There are other dealers in the Portland area and one here in Bend that may be able to assist to some degree. Dealing directly with Tiffin may be your most advantageous direction to take in getting your coach repaired to your satisfaction. Good luck!
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2021, 08:17 PM   #16

If he goes the lemon law route and they buy back his motorhome, then he has to find another motorhome. That's not as easy as you think if he wants a new motorhome.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:55 PM   #17

Why would you hand over a check or sign paperwork if they had not fixed anything? Sounds like you knew there were issues, but bought it anyway?
Old 04-28-2021, 06:53 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Original poster as left the thread. Hard to determine if the issues actually existed.
Phillieagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #19

After being told numerous times they would fix everything and they did not - we DID refuse the check. They then rough housed their way through the RV fixing what we found during the test drive and other obvious defects. We did not drive but a few miles during the test drive. It had 3,000 miles so we would have thought that it would get past 20 miles absent of alarms and all that would be working. Further, other items like air leaks did not appear until the next day - we did not think we needed to spend 24 hours testing it before we bought it - we were CLEARLY told (over and over again) techs would spend at least "40 hours" going over and test every system. Of course that which does not jib with the fact that the windshield washer fluid was empty and they didn't even fix what we told them. But net-net - we thought they had fixed everything BEFORE would would release the check (which we did hold back). And obviously those were red flags - we should have found a better dealer in hindsight.
HopefulRVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:44 AM   #20

Also, two sensors, as it turns out, were in the wrong place and could have never worked previously - we were not armed with diagnostic tools as first time new diesel pusher buyer; and the error was not causing an alarm so the problem was buried. It showed up after other sensors alarm (which also had obvious problems). Also, I saw the dash not turn on once - i was told to try again thus i thought i did something wrong - that was the first time i ever drove a diesel pusher - there was not way for us to conclude the dash would completely fail about 3 weeks later. In sum - we had ALL that we KNEW about fixed, and obviously we didn't know what we didn't know. Thank you for your question.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #21

Hopefulrver,
I am sympathetic to your problem. I am certainly not critical of your decision to purchase. You did the best you could under the circumstances. I hope you get things fixed to your satisfaction.

I will tell you that even if you talk to Tiffin and/or your dealer to have the "freightliner dash gauges" fixed, they will just send it to freightliner for warranty service. Hence why, my prior post suggested that anything with the chassis be taken directly to Freightliner at a very nice oasis service center (in many states) and they will fix it on Freightliner warranty based upon my experience (double check with them). You don't even need to deal with dealer or Tiffin if it is a chassis related issue like dash gauges, engine, transmission, air brakes, etc.
I have been there and done that and freightliner is generally awesome and timely. Dealers are not!

Of course, if it is not a chassis related issue, Tiffin is the answer.
Good luck. Get it going and on the road and enjoy it. Don't fret. I am confident freightliner will satisfy you needs in a timely fashion if it is a freightliner chassis problem.

Ed
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:05 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
What was the Feedback from Tiffin? Have you contacted a freightliner for their support. When I was looking the dealership was almost more important than the coach. Buying used as I did is always a bigger risk in my mind. I researched the dealers almost as much as the products I was looking at. Sounds like your dealer may be a little unscrupulous. If Tiffin gets involved it seems like dealers improve at towing the line. Of course with new owners that may change.
Phillieagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:38 PM   #23

Hi - I'm not sure what that means but I've not left the thread.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:11 PM   #24

I have never owned a Tiffin or a FCCC powered RV, but I have met and spoken with Bob Tiffin several times over the years. He is a genuinely "nice guy" and will call you back, if he isn't available when you call. His dedication to customer satisfaction is legendary, and real. HE needs to hear about your purchase nightmare, and poor dealer service, even if you end up at the Oasis getting the chassis repairs made.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:12 PM   #25

Hi - some of you asked for updates. I just called Freightliner - the new RV is still sitting at Freightliner as Tiffin, Freightliner and the dealer are aware. They hope to get parts today and there is a list of five items they are attempting to address, starting with the all glass dash being dead. It's hard to work on, or get a handle on, a number of the other issues until that is fixed.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:25 PM   #26

Freightliner will get that chassis fixed and hopefully you will be on the road in no time. Keep us posted. Glad you share this with us.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:49 PM   #27

Thanks Ed. I have talked to Bob directly. In my opinion, what I believe has proven most effective thus far is, mainly for the dash failure: 1) A member provided me Tiffin contact info for some of the Tiffin Engineers. I called them. One of the Engineers helped me confirm that it is likely not the cable that Freightliner originally thought but rather two other possible causes; 2) I am talking daily (or more) with Freightliner and passed the info I learned and other info to assist them (e.g., I told them what the Tiffin Engineer said); they appear to be acting on the feedback and pursuing the other issues that I have reminded them of. Not exactly the experience I expected when we bought the RV. We still don't have the RV for use.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulRVer1 View Post
Hi,

We are new to Tiffin, but not new to RVs. We just paid handsomely for a brand new 2021 Tiffin Allegro Red 38 BA from a local Tiffin dealer. We were told Tiffin was the top of the line in the industry. So far, that is not our experience by a long shot. Our experience is: we have an un-drivable brand new 2021 Tiffin that the Tiffin dealer, now that they have our money, wants nothing to do with. In short, our experience is: upon pickup, the Tiffin dealer didn’t do any of the repairs promised including the fact that they left the front seat broken (no power) after we pointed it out about 5 times; 20 miles out of the lot we started getting alarms of tire inflation on four tire sensors (the other two tire sensors didn’t read at all – with 3,000+ on the odometer that was surely noticed), less than 400 miles the OptiView dash went completely dead (no gauges), etc., etc. Nonetheless, once the Tiffin dealer had the check in hand, everything is now “Freightliner’s” fault – where our BRAND NEW 2021 sits (even though only the Tiffin dealer readily has or can get the cable, display, etc. that could quickly resolve our (latest) issue (and likely knew of the issues before we even bought it). Instead for this last round, Freightliner said the lead time on a cable to fix the display is “40 days”. In the meanwhile, the RV is undrivable. At that, I am not convinced it’s a cable (said to be a Spyder cable).

Is this really the “Tiffin” experience everyone is raving about? We just want the RV that we paid for, not war, and not the blame game. We don't seek advice how to figure out the mis-configured Valor tire system (I already cleared that hurdle), or what wire to check for the display on the G6 Spyder control panel (been there, done that). With ONLY 400 miles driven and the RV being "NEW", why am I having to do any of this? I would have gotten better service from any car company at 1/10 the cost. Any advice on anyone at Tiffin that actually cares – that will actually take ownership to make sure we end up with the drivable Tiffin RV - preferably the high quality Tiffin that we were promised?

Many thanks,

Rick

Unfortunately it’s the way of the future in North America. Very few workers give a damb. There are some but they are far and few between. Taking 8 weeks to transfer my money from one bank to another? All these people want is a pay check for doing nothing other than looking at their phone all day. Can’t even hire someone to do any labour jobs. No wonder employers have to hire offshore.

Tags
tiffin