Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #85

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulRVer1 View Post
Hi,

Our experience is: we have an un-drivable brand new 2021 Tiffin that the Tiffin dealer, now that they have our money, wants nothing to do with. In short, our experience is: upon pickup, the Tiffin dealer didn’t do any of the repairs promised including the fact that they left the front seat broken (no power) after we pointed it out about 5 times
Rick
I will ask the obvious question. "Why would you accept delivery of it before it was repaired?" I would have refused to accept delivery until the repairs were made. I have told any dealership that I deal with that I won't sign the final paperwork until everything is fixed. RV Lemon law layer Ron Burke says the worst thing to do is drive it off their lot with them promising to fix it later. What does your state consumer protection laws say? You may be able to revoke delivery under the Federal consumer protection laws but prepare for a court battle.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2021, 03:20 PM   #86

Good Luck with Tiffin. Took Me 4 weeks to get away from dealer. found a good mobile tech who fixed all my problems though, glad to say they were not as bad as ur's.
vincentC02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:22 PM   #87

Hi Rev. Roy. Thanks for the question. We provided details above in another sub-thread. In short: It is rather telling that we were promised certain repairs (of known issues that we saw but they left broken) and they did NOT even fix those items as they promised (not to mention clearly they did not test every system that went with the sales pitch, nor the at least "40 hours" a tech would spend going over things). Thus, we DID hold back the check until they fixed those known items. Only the, when they figured out we meant it, they had a guy rough-house his way through the RV fixing things at the last minute - really that's what they consider great Tiffin dealer service? Even the Tiffin manual documents what is expected of the dealer. 20 miles up the road, and since then, the problems we did NOT know about emerged, but were clearly present before we bought the RV ... even more telling considering it had 3,000+ miles (more than the distance from Red Bay AL, and certainly more the 20 miles on top of that), was on their lot likely since last year, and had 100+ hours on the generator.
HopefulRVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:28 PM   #88

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
With that mileage and hours on the genset, I would consider it being at an RV show.
garykk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:31 PM   #89

Now that Thor owns tiffin your going to see a lot more complaints about tiffin
bgkoontz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:58 PM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkoontz1 View Post
Or we are just getting a lot of rushed out RV's and dealers not able to keep techs in because of the demand..

Thor owns Airstream and Entegra Coach, both have not been reduced to shambles since Thor has purchased them.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkoontz1 View Post
Yup, it looks like Thor has already rubbed off on Tiffin.
Hurricane-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:36 AM   #92

Tiffin Owners Club
Am I the only one that feels this whining thread has gone on long enough.
medcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:43 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Or we are just getting a lot of rushed out RV's and dealers not able to keep techs in because of the demand..

Thor owns Airstream and Entegra Coach, both have not been reduced to shambles since Thor has purchased them.
I just spent a fair amount of time camping next to a new Entegra owner and very good friends bought a new Airstream last year. Both have very different opinions with real experiences to back it up.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:54 AM   #94

Yup times up
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:42 AM   #95

No kidding:
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:40 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredbutWorking View Post
Yup, it looks like Thor has already rubbed off on Tiffin.
THOR had nothing to do with the OP's coach, which he thinks sat on the dealer's lot for over a year.

Thor gets a bad rap in general because ONE of their division, TMC, has developed a reputation for poor quality, even considering their product's price range. But, that is just one of the many brands Thor owns.

I bought a new Entegra a few months before Thor purchased all of Jayco, including Entegra, and there was an immediate negative response, much like what Tiffin owner's (and Thor haters) are now expressing. Since the purchase, most Entegra owners will tell you that not much has changed at Entegra, and there are many EC owners that have continued to buy new coaches built by Entegra under Thor's ownership. Considering the prices being paid for new ECs by repeat buyers say a lot, I think.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:45 AM   #97

I owned a new Allegro Bus for a short period of time, 5 months. Went to Red Bay twice to get issues resolved. The 2nd time we were there for 5 weeks and I spent a lot of time in Danny's and Bob's office, very pleasant people. It came out of it's service bay on Thursday and we were told that all the issues had been addressed. Left on Friday morning headed for Memphis. Got to Memphis and the interior lighting problem was back, only 2 interior lights were working. Completed our trip home and traded for Brand N and ONLY cost us $225K in depreciation and cost difference. Lesson learned. Brand N is better but not perfect.
augerdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:32 AM   #98

Its Not Just Thor

I know this thread has gone on a while.. but we all know that the problems are not just Thor, or Forrest River..... or Brand Whatever.

The real problem is that the RV industry has a quality problem, like no other industry I've worked in. And I speak from 45 years of buying heavy and light equipment. My first job was in the heavy construction industry. Building stadiums. Then I went to college and learned about statistical quality control and finance. Then on to the US Navy, working on as a civilian employee buying ships and outfitting them. (where I REALLY learned about statistical quality control theory and practice). After that it was IT and other systems acquisition for other US agencies. In my "private life" I bought and sold boats, motor and sail, motorcycles, ATVs, sports cars, and even worked on a ski lift. But never had anything to do with RVs.

Then as a retired person I bought a simple travel trailer. From Grand Design. A simple thing. 22 feet long with a simple AC/DC electrical system. Simple plumbing, propane heating and a stove. No slides. No engine. Easy to build. You'd think it was put on a simple assembly line and tested. But what a mess. We had electrical and plumbing problems from the first week. And a short circuit that nearly caught the thing on fire.

I did some research and had an independent PDI, which caught some issues in the shop -- which were fixed. But the worst problems didn't surface until a month or two down the road. Hidden things. Like the under belly heater duct not heating the underbelly. Like the wiring to the trailer jack up front, the short that caught the wiring on fire while underway.

More research and I realized that this is the first time I've encountered an industry with NO companies that are ISO-9000 or 9001 certified. And neither are their suppliers. Don't believe me, check it out for yourself, enter any car company in this database, then try Lippert, Thor, or any brand or company name of an any RV company you can think of... https://www.iafcertsearch.org/

Yes they are following RVIA standards, but guess what, RVIA doesn't follow ISO-9000.

This is nothing new. But what is new is that the industry has consolidated into a few big corporations. Competition is down. Demand is up. And it seems like customers don't care.

As for mine? For the second year in a row my trailer has to go back to the dealer for plumbing leaks, and to have the dealer correct his own installation mistake -- the wiring he installed for the holding tank heaters disintegrated within 3 months because he didn't use corrosion resistant marinized ground connectors -- located where road spray hits the frame. And then there is this: I call the dealer on April 15, and he's so backed up with work he can't even see it until May 14!

I've dealt with I can't count many watercraft over the past 45 years. None of them had as many first year problems as my simple travel trailer. And nobody ever made me wait a month just to look at a car, boat or motorcycle. I'm never buying another RV product. After we visit the major National Parks its going up for sale.

Rant over and out.

Tags
tiffin