Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2021, 04:00 PM   #1

Angry Brand New 2021 Tiffin - that is un-drivable.

Hi,

We are new to Tiffin, but not new to RVs. We just paid handsomely for a brand new 2021 Tiffin Allegro Red 38 BA from a local Tiffin dealer. We were told Tiffin was the top of the line in the industry. So far, that is not our experience by a long shot. Our experience is: we have an un-drivable brand new 2021 Tiffin that the Tiffin dealer, now that they have our money, wants nothing to do with. In short, our experience is: upon pickup, the Tiffin dealer didn’t do any of the repairs promised including the fact that they left the front seat broken (no power) after we pointed it out about 5 times; 20 miles out of the lot we started getting alarms of tire inflation on four tire sensors (the other two tire sensors didn’t read at all – with 3,000+ on the odometer that was surely noticed), less than 400 miles the OptiView dash went completely dead (no gauges), etc., etc. Nonetheless, once the Tiffin dealer had the check in hand, everything is now “Freightliner’s” fault – where our BRAND NEW 2021 sits (even though only the Tiffin dealer readily has or can get the cable, display, etc. that could quickly resolve our (latest) issue (and likely knew of the issues before we even bought it). Instead for this last round, Freightliner said the lead time on a cable to fix the display is “40 days”. In the meanwhile, the RV is undrivable. At that, I am not convinced it’s a cable (said to be a Spyder cable).

Is this really the “Tiffin” experience everyone is raving about? We just want the RV that we paid for, not war, and not the blame game. We don't seek advice how to figure out the mis-configured Valor tire system (I already cleared that hurdle), or what wire to check for the display on the G6 Spyder control panel (been there, done that). With ONLY 400 miles driven and the RV being "NEW", why am I having to do any of this? I would have gotten better service from any car company at 1/10 the cost. Any advice on anyone at Tiffin that actually cares – that will actually take ownership to make sure we end up with the drivable Tiffin RV - preferably the high quality Tiffin that we were promised?

Many thanks,
Rick
HopefulRVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #2

So sorry. Frustrating. I would seriously consider just driving it to the nearest (or tow) Freightliner oasis service center. They are awesome and usually open 18 to 24 hours per day. Just get it going and enjoy it. Forget your stealer.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 04:40 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Who is the dealer? Call Tiffin as they are very helpful.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:03 PM   #4

Not sure of your location but I would call Tiffin and make an appointment to have it towed to Red Bay and get everything fixed at the factory.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
Not sure of your location but I would call Tiffin and make an appointment to have it towed to Red Bay and get everything fixed at the factory.
Look at his avatar.....Salem Oregon.

This is reason one why I will never buy a brand new RV.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:27 PM   #6

Have you looked whether ho e state has a lemon law that applies to MHs?
I know some that have ended up with dealer taking a unit back with full refund $.
Worth checking and if applicable mentioning yo dealer and Tiffin you are keeping score and preparing to file... if you are serious... idle threats sometimes backfire but can be affective if applicable and you are willing to go through the process steps.
There are websites that at least can provide 1st pass at what is covered by state.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:43 PM   #7

Thanks to all. The dealer is South of Salem, Oregon. I am hoping the dealer steps up to the acclaimed great service that we heard all about during the sales process - at present I am waiting for them to respond to my last two-three emails. Things are well documented but I hope that won't be needed. I got some very kind help from a member to which I am grateful. Part of the issue is - the dealer's tech told me that Tiffin support was not much help (I am saying what I was told nicely). A sincere member told me that is not the case - I will find out first hand on Monday and trust Tiffin will step up where the dealer has fallen short. All the best to you all and thanks.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:46 PM   #8

FIRST thing to do is call BOB TIFFIN 256-356-8661 ext 2206. Be polite and explain your situation and the way you were treated by your dealer. Ask for the Tiffin area rep to intercede on your behalf to get your coach fixed. I think you will find a different attitude from the dealer once you make the phone call.

If that fails to get your coach fixed then it's time to contact an attorney to start writing letters and putting people on notice that legal action will be taken. All states have "fitness of purpose" laws as well as the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act federal law that can be brought to bear.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:17 PM   #9

And I truly appreciate the legal advice too. After a successful career in the electronics industry - I now serve as a testifying expert on technology in the Federal Court System with a well established track-record. I would prefer to just get the RV fixed, go camping, and have fun which is why we bought what we believed to be the best. If I am stuck with an unusable RV, continued issues, ignored professional emails, and bad service, indeed, it will be a much better outcome for them if they just give me back my money sooner rather than later - or better yet - just fix the RV we paid for ;-).
Old 04-25-2021, 07:58 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Again, I believe a quick polite phone call to Bob will help you immensely. Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:05 AM   #11

I would just add that this shows how important it is to buy from a good dealer. Not a Tiffin specific comment.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:37 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
1. It is not a car. Cars are by nature much more reliable than RV's.

2. Many if not most (not all) RV dealers talk about their great service but in fact do a terrible job of servicing. It is an industry scandal.

3. On a new RV, under warranty, the factory is your friend. If the dealer does not give you satisfaction, the factory will do their best to rectify the situation.

4. The service ace-in-the hole is back at the factory, but this is probably not a viable solution for the OP since he is so far away from Red Bay.

5. Although legal action is ultimately an option, it is slow and expensive and you should exercise every other possibility first.

6. Tiffin is unique in that the head man (Bob Tiffin) is famous for welcoming calls from owners and working hard on behalf of owners to resolve problems. The advice above to call Bob Tiffin is the right advice.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:50 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
I'll agree call Bob Tiffin without delay. Explain the current issues you have and ask for his help. Though I haven't called him on any issues I've talked to several folks in regards to some recent fault indicator lights that were on my Tiffin spoke to Gary and he called a local Cummins Service Center to make sure they would address the issues set up the appointment and that day we brought it in, they confirmed the fault, Gary had the DEF Head assy. shipped out that night and 2 days later I was picking it up. I've been where you are on our first Class A from FR and in the end the factory was the one that made sure things were right not the dealer. Let us know how you make out. Thanks
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:08 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just my 2 cents. Anything chassis is Freightliner. Freightliner has Oasis service centers all over the country. I would not let a RV dealer work on a chassis or electrical issue. Rv dealers are not qualified, they're not going to have the right amount of training or equipment to fix chassis related issues. I will say most rv dealers are not very good at explaining who is qualified to fix what and which warranty items are covered by who. And yes the rv dealer chases a sale. After the sale it feels like you are on your own and that's a crying shame. We dealt with Freightliner and Cummins for different issues. Both were professional and did great work. On the coach side like the seat issue the dealer was less than responsive once they had our cash. We don't really like dealers and we've had to wait in line for repairs just as the OP. So frustrating on a brand new unit. We were able to get the manufacturer to authorize a mobile rv repair tech to fix some of the problems we had. I've heard Tiffin has done this as well. Maybe some of the Tiffin owners can weigh in on their experience. Lastly everyone in business right now are having supply chain problems. Some parts are backlogged and there is nothing they can do. Not fun if you're the one waiting on parts. I hope things work out well for the OP.

Tags
tiffin