Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2021, 09:50 AM   #1

Breeze 33br

looking at a 2013 Breeze 33 BR and we are concerned about TV placement and seating. there is a couch on outer wall and a couch and table across from it, however the TV is positioned in such a way that one can't really be across from it . Wonder if anyone has the same issues or is there a fix. Thanks very much
balticblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2021, 07:15 PM   #2
PKI

Ours is a later model, but has a similar issue. Driver and Passenger chairs rotate to provide seating. The dinette has seating that faces the TV and the sofa is a nice place to lie down for TV viewing.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Ours is a later model, but has a similar issue. Driver and Passenger chairs rotate to provide seating. The dinette has seating that faces the TV and the sofa is a nice place to lie down for TV viewing.
thanks for your response, i noticed it is actually a 32br but still has the TV location by the sink. there is a tv where a cabover would be . Seems in the scheme of things a small point but it is a concern.
Old 12-23-2021, 05:48 AM   #4

On that year breeze you should have 3 tv’s. The kitchen, bedroom, and over the cockpit. I prefer the one over the cockpit, but my family likes the one in the kitchen.

What is the problem you are having? Not working or difficult to see?
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:59 AM   #5
PKI

We deleted the TV over the cab area. Have never used the external TV. When looking for a coach, it's very important to figure out what you need to support your RVing lifestyle. We are all a bit different.

They used to say that you needed to build three houses to get it right. Believe there is a similar concept in choosing an RV. Lots of issues to consider and understand. Sometimes you have to live with it some to know. How easy is it to transit front to back with slides retracted? Do/can you use the bed when the slides are retracted? Are there enough burners on the stove for your cooking style? Is the bathroom big enough? Is there enough storage? Can you travel light or are you a heavy packer? Is a slow and steady drive acceptable or do you need a hot rod? Does your budget support what you want, need or can find? Will you need to change much? Can you DIY or are the systems so complex that you need service support?

RVs are not quite like cars or houses. Lots of differences to consider. First step - know yourself. Good Luck with your investigation and research.

Edit - as eyes age, TV resolution becomes more important. What works at 50 may not be so good for 70. What works for sports may not be so good for text. It's not just location, it can be the technical capability of the screen.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpozzuoli View Post
On that year breeze you should have 3 tv’s. The kitchen, bedroom, and over the cockpit. I prefer the one over the cockpit, but my family likes the one in the kitchen.

What is the problem you are having? Not working or difficult to see?
Hard to see. the lounge / dining table and the hideabed face each other while the kitchen TV is in a position where you get akink in your neck trying to see it. We wonder if there is a fix for this problem ?
Old 12-23-2021, 08:24 PM   #7

Thanks for the clarity and well said we are in your later age group lol. My wife thinks 'me doth protest too much" And maybe she is right but to watch TV and be put into a pretzel to see it properly is not my ideal situation.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:37 PM   #8

Can you move the TV to be across from one of the sofas? Our sofa was directly across from our TV, but we found the sofa to be uncomfortable (like sitting in a straight jacket) for watching TV, reading or just trying to relax. We took it out and put in a reclining loveseat. Now we each have a recliner and are comfortable and happy.
Are you sure you want to continue considering the Breeze?
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 11:52 AM   #9
PKI

Our prior RV had the TV mounted on a bracket that allowed extension, tilt and swivel relocation. The capacity allowed the bedroom location to twist enough for main cabin viewing. Since the main cabin only had a dinette, we understand the twisted like a pretzel viewing orientation. But that type of bracket might offer an option that would help.

The location of the 2013 Breeze TV requires that it fits behind the slide when retracted, so a low profile bracket/arm would be required. Investigate that restraint before committing.

Note with respect to the Breeze being the right coach, a quick check looks like similar priced coaches have a similar problem. There are not many options for locating a TV. Lots of coach investigation should be in your plan.

The best location is probably directly across from your seating. The replacement of the dinette with a table and chairs with cabinets that provide a televator installation would be the deal. Lots of mods, but yes, there is a better way to do it all. Of course, you could just watch TV on a portable screen that sits on the dinette table.
Old 12-24-2021, 12:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Our prior RV had the TV mounted on a bracket that allowed extension, tilt and swivel relocation. The capacity allowed the bedroom location to twist enough for main cabin viewing. Since the main cabin only had a dinette, we understand the twisted like a pretzel viewing orientation. But that type of bracket might offer an option that would help.

The location of the 2013 Breeze TV requires that it fits behind the slide when retracted, so a low profile bracket/arm would be required. Investigate that restraint before committing.

Note with respect to the Breeze being the right coach, a quick check looks like similar priced coaches have a similar problem. There are not many options for locating a TV. Lots of coach investigation should be in your plan.

The best location is probably directly across from your seating. The replacement of the dinette with a table and chairs with cabinets that provide a televator installation would be the deal. Lots of mods, but yes, there is a better way to do it all. Of course, you could just watch TV on a portable screen that sits on the dinette table.
As PKI points out you may want to do some more investigating for the right coach, so you will be comfortable and enjoy both being in it and traveling in it. We looked at the Breeze when we got our "Allegro Open Road 32SA", but just didn't feel good with the layout and didn't like it being narrower than most motorhomes. I'm not saying you should get our model (it is a gas model), but I actually prefer that now. We traded a 39 ft. diesel mh for this one, after we had several def emmission system problems.
We like it now because it is the right size for us and the layout suits us, with where everything is positioned and the storage space inside and out. One thing we learned with this one is that we will never have a sofa, but will have some type of recliners to sit in to watch TV, read a book, relax, etc. Our loveseat recliner is directly across from the living room TV, where the sofa used to be. We now wish that we had gotten the sofa recliner because the center console on it lifts up to make a regular sofa.
I guess what I am saying is look at what will make you comfortable while in your RV. Some things you have at home, you will also want in your RV.
Hope you get a good one,
Old 12-24-2021, 01:20 PM   #11

We have a 2014 32BR. Had an Open Road 30GA but didn’t like the engine noise.
I put our TV on a swivel, even with a standard swivel arm there is plenty of clearance when folded in.
Had to put in a block of wood to support the lower bracket lag screw. There is already an upper solid wood beam to screw in the upper bracket lag bolt.

Things you give up with the 32BR. Bedroom space to get around the bed. Had lots of room in the Open Road and miss that extra walk around space. Storage space below. Not as much storage in the basement but we never used all of what there was in the Open Road so so far it has not been a problem.
More headroom in the Open Road. We are short people so now we don’t need a step stool to reach the upper cabinets like we did in the Open Road, which we like.

Not sure why the pictures are sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	352158   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	352159  

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	352160   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	352161  

Old 12-24-2021, 02:35 PM   #12

Old Harry, the picture posting on here is aggravating at times, as you can not control the orientation of your uploaded pictures on this site. There are a number of technical reasons why, and you can do a 'google' search on the irv2.com forum and read all about it. Search for "photos sideways" or something similiar. Use the search box above the "Search" menu, not the Search menu itself. Select the iRV2.com button to search this forum instead of the entire internet.
A simple thing to do before uploading a photo from your phone is to edit the photo and change it's orientation/rotation to the way you want it to appear on the forum (even if it looks correct on your phone - just rotate it one way then rotate it back the way it was and save it). Then upload it to the forum and it will appear correctly.
If you are using your computer, I have seen someone state that it does not work to do this in a browser, but does work in "Paint" or some photo editing program.
Your post makes some good points and should help the OP out with his dilemma.
Thanks,
Old 12-25-2021, 08:36 PM   #13

thanks Old Harry, good points and we like everything about the Tiffin Breeze just thinking if we can retro fit a TV to make the viewing better. Small complaint, but this will be a full time rig for the 2 of us so we need it to work.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:18 PM   #14

I’ve been through 3 MH’s including the 13 Breeze. This is only my opinion. Do some research ideally on the Tiffin forum. There is a ton of mail on the 13 with the MaxForce engine. Many many problems on the emission side affecting the engine including mine. If you want look up my ID on the forum as TomG. Just saying. The DEF in particular rings me a bell. Again, just my opinion but if I were you, I’d be very cautious before jumping into that particular Breeze 33.
TomGur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breeze