RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2011, 06:32 AM   #1

Breeze owners, do I need the front TV?

The title says it all. I won't be getting an in motion antenna and have no interest in watching TV while moving. We didn't try the built in TV to see how it is from the seating locations. What's your opinion? Thanks,

gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would not remove the TV, if that's what the title of your post seems to indicate. I too have no interest in an in-motion TV antenna, too dangereous, and even though mine doesn't, some units lock out the TB when unit is in gear.

VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang652 View Post
I would not remove the TV, if that's what the title of your post seems to indicate. I too have no interest in an in-motion TV antenna, too dangereous, and even though mine doesn't, some units lock out the TB when unit is in gear.
Thanks for the reply but what I want to know is do I need it. It is an $840 option and if the other 32" TV is viewable from all seating locations I'll pass. Every unit I've looked at has 3 TV's.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
Old 09-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Thanks for the reply but what I want to know is do I need it. It is an $840 option and if the other 32" TV is viewable from all seating locations I'll pass. Every unit I've looked at has 3 TV's.

Did not realize that this was pertaining to a new unit option and having another TV that was viewable. With the additional information my response is "No".
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #5

We initially ordered ours without the big TV. It is a long story about how we ended up with a Breeze with the big TV, but we are glad we have it (especially since we didn't pay extra for it). You can only see the smaller TV from the driver's seat, one end of the sofa, and the other side of the dinette. You can not move it around to see it from other areas. If that configuration works, then save the money. I would recommend going to see one and double check it for yourself.
dbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:50 AM   #6

Dbreeze,
It sounds like you must have a 28'. If that's the case I agree completely. I'm buying a 32' (I should have said in my first post) which has a 32" mounted in the wall next to the sink. I'm not trying to be cheap but I just can't figure out why you would need 2 TV's in the living area. I need to get my order placed.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:23 AM   #7
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If the $840 includes the wiring, maybe. If the power and coax are run there anyway, I vote NO. You can get a better flatscreen and mount for that price later, if you decide you want a TV there. Live without it for a while, then decide.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #8

We have a Breeze 32 and opted not to get the front overhead tv.
The look of the cabinetry is much neater looking without a front tv.
We had a front tv with our SOB and was happy to see the mid tv on the Breeze.
Some feel it is a problem for the one person sitting at the banquet closest to refrigerator that their back will face the tv, but for us it's no problem. The banquet is large and you can just move around a bit. 4 people ( adults) can easily sit there.

If some are sitting on the couch, and someone is at the sink washing dishes, they will be in the way..but who needs to be doing that if you are in the middle of watching something? That's easy to work around.

If you are traveling and stop at a place overnite where you can't open your DS slide you won't be able to watch that tv, however..if you have one in the bedroom, no problem. Or you just do without tv that night.

Some say for resale it is a plus. Well unless you were to sell it on your own, it doesn't matter at all. Our 2007 coach had over $3000 of options we added on and the dealer didn't even acknowledge them.
We have put over 4000 miles on our Breeze and haven't once said, " wish we got the front overhead tv".
However practically every time we enter our coach, we said.." yea, no tv to hit our head on".
That's just my take on it.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Keep us posted!
Sue
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumar View Post
We have a Breeze 32 and opted not to get the front overhead tv.
The look of the cabinetry is much neater looking without a front tv.
We had a front tv with our SOB and was happy to see the mid tv on the Breeze.
Some feel it is a problem for the one person sitting at the banquet closest to refrigerator that their back will face the tv, but for us it's no problem. The banquet is large and you can just move around a bit. 4 people ( adults) can easily sit there.

If some are sitting on the couch, and someone is at the sink washing dishes, they will be in the way..but who needs to be doing that if you are in the middle of watching something? That's easy to work around.

If you are traveling and stop at a place overnite where you can't open your DS slide you won't be able to watch that tv, however..if you have one in the bedroom, no problem. Or you just do without tv that night.

Some say for resale it is a plus. Well unless you were to sell it on your own, it doesn't matter at all. Our 2007 coach had over $3000 of options we added on and the dealer didn't even acknowledge them.
We have put over 4000 miles on our Breeze and haven't once said, " wish we got the front overhead tv".
However practically every time we enter our coach, we said.." yea, no tv to hit our head on".
That's just my take on it.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Keep us posted!
Sue
Sue,
Thanks for the response. I was hoping you would chime in, knowing you had the same coach that we want. We are about to place an order and have decided to pass on any extra TV's. We don't watch TV in bed at home and I'm sure we won't while traveling or camping. Thanks again,

Old 09-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #10

Your welcome Gene...let me know if I can be of any other help.
Keep us posted!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Cthayer5
We also have a 32 Breeze. LOVE it. Have had some glitches as we took delivery in May and ours was one of the earliest 32's. We got the TV in the front and the surround sound. We leave the middle TV set on DVD and the surround set up on it. We use the front TV for Satellite, cable and antenna, depending on our location and what kind of signal we want. We have the Dish Flexible account that you can activate and deactivate pretty easily because we really only watch TV in the summer here in Missouri when it's too hot to be outdoors. Did you order yours yet? Which interior colors did you get, Gene? The 2012 model has the bigger sink...wish ours did. I'm thinking about having it added to ours later this year. It's really the only thing I'd change!
Cthayer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthayer5 View Post
We also have a 32 Breeze. LOVE it. Have had some glitches as we took delivery in May and ours was one of the earliest 32's. We got the TV in the front and the surround sound. We leave the middle TV set on DVD and the surround set up on it. We use the front TV for Satellite, cable and antenna, depending on our location and what kind of signal we want. We have the Dish Flexible account that you can activate and deactivate pretty easily because we really only watch TV in the summer here in Missouri when it's too hot to be outdoors. Did you order yours yet? Which interior colors did you get, Gene? The 2012 model has the bigger sink...wish ours did. I'm thinking about having it added to ours later this year. It's really the only thing I'd change!
Actually, we just returned from the dealer. We order Silver Sand body paint, Summer interior and English Chestnut cabinets. We decided not to get any extra TV's. We did get surround sound, heat pump, Halo leather power seats, vacuum, ice maker, bedroom tile, and auto Sat. dish. I'm really looking forward to the arrival. How's your slides and how does your front end feel? We drove 2 32's and both had squeaky (while driving) slides and there was way too much road feel in the steering wheel. I think (I hope) it was too much air in the tires.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Cthayer5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Actually, we just returned from the dealer. We order Silver Sand body paint, Summer interior and English Chestnut cabinets. We decided not to get any extra TV's. We did get surround sound, heat pump, Halo leather power seats, vacuum, ice maker, bedroom tile, and auto Sat. dish. I'm really looking forward to the arrival. How's your slides and how does your front end feel? We drove 2 32's and both had squeaky (while driving) slides and there was way too much road feel in the steering wheel. I think (I hope) it was too much air in the tires.
Hi Gene! Well, we've had some problems, but are getting through them. Our slide just stopped working on our first trip out (passenger side). Took about 6 weeks to diagnose because it was intermittent. Tiffin ended up replacing the motor and the sensors. It's fine now. I have noticed some squeaking, again intermittent. Not really a problem, at this point. We had to have an upgrade put on the transmission because it wouldn't downshift manually below 4th gear. It was a real problem in the Rockies. But that's fixed and seems to be working fine (haven't been back to the Rockies yet though :-) Now it's in the shop again, for the steering. We had a tow alignment done (2 degrees off) and the back aligned, then a total alignment, the steering wheel had to be recentered after the alignment ...it was sitting at 2 o'clock and 7 o'clock when they finished. The tires are all balanced and set at 80 lbs in the back and 70 in the front (according to Tiffin). We pick it up tonight..hoping that the fading/waving/swerving (not sure what you call that) is fixed. The guys at the truck repair say it's a lot better. We love the space inside when it's all opened up and don't mind the tightness in the bedroom at all. The onboard computer says we're getting about 16 mpg but I understand that might not be reliable. We got the chestnut cabinetry and the maui interior, carpet in bedroom, sat., no vaccuum, no ice maker (I wanted the basement storage and the freezer space). You're getting yours at the right time. Most of the problems have been addressed...we were your guinea pigs!! In spite of it, my husband loves the size for driving and parking. We think the motor has plenty of pep and power, love the rear engine...so quiet that sometimes we try to start the engine and it's already running!! (oops) How long till you get delivery? We ordered ours in March and it came in the middle of May. I really like that summer fabric design. Ours is Burgundy Coral Sand exterior. Oh and you're going to love the leather interior, it's really nice. Micro/Convection oven is the BEST! The shower is a favorite too.
Cthayer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #14

Cthayer5 ......have you needed to use your coach or dinettes yet? We did. It really works great because with both made up, there is plenty of room to walk around because only the couch will protrude a little bit.
I got 1.5 " temperpedic foam to put on top of leather then the regular sheet set up and they are very comfortable for adults even!
Also I love the shades in the front instead of the pull around curtain..makes it so much easier and neater looking.
There are many pluses to our " baby" Tiffins.