Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #1

Breeze Transmission Selector

I have read much about the transmission programming issues with the Breeze, but I have another question. Everything I have read talks about the selector having two modes - on and off. On is for economy and off is for performance. The mode button on our Breeze does nothing. Does not light up or seemingly change anything. I read the information in my PG chassis manual but it may be referring to the MH 2000/3000 transmissions. (None of my manuals seem to apply directly to the Breeze...they are all generic.) Does the mode button on the Breeze work and if so, how?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneomega View Post
Does the mode button on the Breeze work and if so, how?
Steve, I'm just going from our own perspective by we don't have a tow/haul or mode button or any other transmission selection functions on our 1000 Series Allison transmission. I expect that yours is the same.

I think that you're onto something there with the generic manual and all that. The 3K/4K trannies have that type of feature available (Mode) if memory serves me.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #3

Thanks for your help. I also suspect the tranny in the Breeze does not offer the same features as the 2000/3000 MH. I am also amazed regarding the lack of information at the dealer level. Someone is not doing their job... I continue to be underwhelmed with the quality of the manuals provided...
Anyone else have info?
Old 12-25-2011, 03:25 AM   #4

We have a 2011 breeze and can push the mode button and can switch from performance mode to economy mode. We just had our transmission reprogrammed in Red Bay, but you can go to an authorized Allison transmission place and they will do it.
Call Tiffin and ask for Gary Harris who is in charge of the chassis shop and he will send you to the right place.
If no light comes on when you press the button then it is just set in performance mode.
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumar View Post
We have a 2011 breeze and can push the mode button and can switch from performance mode to economy mode. We just had our transmission reprogrammed in Red Bay, but you can go to an authorized Allison transmission place and they will do it.
Call Tiffin and ask for Gary Harris who is in charge of the chassis shop and he will send you to the right place.
If no light comes on when you press the button then it is just set in performance mode.
Thanks for the information Sumar! I'll make some calls after the 1st. Merry Christmas!