Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2019, 06:17 AM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
First off you cannot get a decent reading of the air temperature with an infrared (aka laser) temperature sensor. It reads the temperature of the surface and that is all. To measure air temperature you need a thermometer.

Ken
If this is for my post - I wanted surface temp reading. thx
tarheel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbumn View Post
do the magna shades stay attached in the wind?
No, they don't fly off in the wind, the magnets are VERY strong!
pdeinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #45

I was just reading a FB post from another Tiffin owner that discovered the ends of his supply and return air ducts are not blocked off. He made something to insert beyond the last opening and gained air flow. Something to consider!
Old 08-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There are a bunch of A/C postings going on this time of year. Most are complaining of not enough A/C to overcome the relentless heat in many areas of the country.
There may be a partial solution. I found, by accident, that the ducting in the ceiling is not plugged at either end. Neither the incoming air or the return air. The ducts are just open and the air exits into who knows where in the ceiling.
To check your duct work, remove the last incoming air register at each end of the coach and run a tape measurer into the duck work. Mine ran for about 36" in both the front and rear. Now, do the same with the return duct. Mine were again about 36" in each direction. They were just open with on plugs.

I measured the dimensions of the cool air and the return duct and fashioned a couple of plugs to close off the ducts just aft of the last duct in each direction. That is for both the cool air and the return.
After doing the plugging, it appears that the flow of air increased from all of the registers.
I am happy with the end results.

Another thing that we did was position our incoming vent registers so that the louvers are running in line with the coach. It may be my imagination, but it does seem to increase the air flow into the cabin.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:45 AM   #47

We have the same problem, seems Tiffin doesn't put any insulation in the front cap over the windshield. I didn't want fiberglass insulation inside the coach, so I ordered denim insulation from Home Depot, installed in front cap behind cabinets and TV. Not only does this help with the heat but greatly reduces the road noise when travelling.
Jamie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie65 View Post
We have the same problem, seems Tiffin doesn't put any insulation in the front cap over the windshield. I didn't want fiberglass insulation inside the coach, so I ordered denim insulation from Home Depot, installed in front cap behind cabinets and TV. Not only does this help with the heat but greatly reduces the road noise when travelling.
Did you remove all the front cabinetry to accomplish that? I saw that there wasn't any insulation in mine when I was working the passenger side cabinet with TV cabling but can't see any reasonable way to add insulation without removing everything.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #49

Our coach is a 2003 the later units are different, but I used a cut off yard stick to get insulation into smaller places where I couldn't reach. Every little bit helps.
Jamie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:20 PM   #50

Early on in my 08 bus I insulated the front cap. I then used ac tape an foam to block the duct in front of the first vent and behind the last vent. Went one step further and used the foam and tape to isolate the front vents (all the front ac air forced out the forward 3 vents). Then isolated the mid and rear vents. This improved the air flow in each zone.

Significantly improved the comfort, as a matter of fact never was uncomfortable over nine years of traveling in Deep South. Not sure if newer models duct work is open front to back.

If only the dash air would have has worked as well as my current Entegra :icon_peace
Fergtiffin is offline   Reply With Quote