Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCZ View Post
Oh well, so I should have passed on the CB antenna option. At least I will save by not buying the CB. Or, just buy a used one to monitor for others while cruising down a highway. I was hoping it might be a good means to get advanced warning of road delays ahead. Waze might be best for this.
I still find there are some truckers using CBs on the interstate and it has helped me be aware of upcoming traffic problems. There's just not as much chatter as years ago. If you ever travel with another couple like we do you will find a CB invaluable.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #16

Still lots of truckers using CB radios when things go wrong. More than once I've been warned of dangerous situations up ahead on the road, usually warnings of the road coming to a sudden stop due to an accident. Avoids having to slam the brakes on by being able to slow down before you can even see the problem. I always keep the CB turned on to a lower volume just to monitor for these things.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:35 PM   #17

We use a Midland 75-822 hand held CB with a 10" antenna. Have it mounted with Velcro on the drive side interior panel. Keep it turned down so only hear nearby broadcasts. Works great for traffic issues ahead, asking truckers for suggestions around traffic issues and listening to local NOAA weather reports. Also use Waze apps but it has got us into tricky spots to drive through.
Safe travels.
Dugan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna