Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've had Coach Net since at least 2004, just got a renewal notice to renew now and save $10. Went to the website and found that I had been changed from my previous "Gold" plan to "basic". But NOWHERE on the site is there a description of the Basic coverage, just the much more Premier plan.
Sent a request through the internet for info on the Basic plan. Never got an answer so I called. The "Basic" plan only cover the motorhome for towing, nothing more. The old Gold plan covered all my vehicles.
So, instead of paying $69 a year for full coverage for all the vehicles I now have to upgrade to the Premier plan for $149 per year!
My vehicle insurance through The Hartford covers only the motorhome for towing to the "nearest repair shop" Nowhere does it state how they determine the capabilities of the shop! Would they tow it to the nearest Cummins shop or just the closest car stop? I even called The Hartford and the person I got couldn't tell me. He did locate a copy of the policy and send it to me but it was of no help.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I will NOT RENEW my Good Sams roadside assistance. Will try Coach net next. I had one service call using G.S. for a tire repair. Tire dealer was 5 miles away and G.S. said they could not find a dealer close to my campground. Took all day and then I had to pay an additional $90 to G.S. So after paying for the annual plan and the extra $90 G.S. cost me more than Coach net for a one year plan.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
I will NOT RENEW my Good Sams roadside assistance. Will try Coach net next. I had one service call using G.S. for a tire repair. Tire dealer was 5 miles away and G.S. said they could not find a dealer close to my campground. Took all day and then I had to pay an additional $90 to G.S. So after paying for the annual plan and the extra $90 G.S. cost me more than Coach net for a one year plan.
What did you pay the add'l $90 for? If it was to repair or replace the tire then you are responsible for that. The GS plan only covers the service call, repairs are on you.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
What did you pay the add'l $90 for? If it was to repair or replace the tire then you are responsible for that. The GS plan only covers the service call, repairs are on you.
All I know is the Good Sam Customer Service representative said I had to pay $90 for them to initiate the service call. I joined under a special offer for new members. Won't do it again since it turned out to NOT be special!

I did not have to pay for the service call which the service tech said would have been about $250.
To top it off the service tech could not find a reason my inside rear tire was flat. Damn those Gremlins. LOL.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have AAA Rv plus, thankfully have never had to use them. As said by others on here, both good and bad on GS and CoachNet. Seeing as CampingWorld now owns GS, I would pass on that one.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #20

A good friend has/had Coachnet. He recently had a problem and was able to drive to a roadside rest area. He called Coachnet. They asked if he was in a safe place and he told them he was in a rest area. Coachnet told him that they would not send emergency service to him. So, he paid for his own service out of pocket. All this, so-called, feel good insurance sold by Good Sam, Coachnet, GMAC and others is a ripoff. Sure, some of you had a good experience, while others were left out in the cold. I'm leary of all of them.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstakun View Post
A good friend has/had Coachnet. He recently had a problem and was able to drive to a roadside rest area. He called Coachnet. They asked if he was in a safe place and he told them he was in a rest area. Coachnet told him that they would not send emergency service to him. So, he paid for his own service out of pocket. All this, so-called, feel good insurance sold by Good Sam, Coachnet, GMAC and others is a ripoff. Sure, some of you had a good experience, while others were left out in the cold. I'm leary of all of them.
So the key is to tell them you are not in a safe place. LOL
Old 05-11-2017, 05:14 AM   #22

I just renewed my Good Sam roadside last week. We used them once last year for towing outside of Fort Collins. The customer service rep said they were going to tow me to a rest area. I told them I wasn't going to accept that and requested that we be towed to a KOA that was basically the same distance away. I asked to speak to a supervisor if that was going to be a problem. She put me on hold and a few minutes later came back and said that wouldn't be a problem. Tow service arrived within an hour. That's the only time we've had to use the Good Sam service, and it was painless. I checked out Coachnet and it was I believe Double the cost of Good Sam if I remember correctly, so we kept GoodSam, and like I said we had no issues the one time we used them.
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
We have Coach Net. Used them once for a flat tire service, no major issues. Called twice on tech questions including on a holiday when our generator was running but no power was making it to the coach. I called and was told they were busy but would call me back. I was skeptical but sure enough 15 min. later the tech called me back and solved my problem quickly.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:17 PM   #24

Coach Net was good to us when we needed them.
dfyrmn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #25

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Something wrong with that since they're supposed to tow you to the nearest place that can repair your rig. Maybe he was in a rest area that had repair services available. Out here in the West they rest areas have no services and you can't stay very long either. I'm thinking there was a communication problem.
I've had to be towed a couple of times and I'm about even with cost of the ins vs actual towing costs!
Old 05-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #26
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
A few years ago I had my serpentine belt break on I-95 just north of Washington DC. I was able to duck into a rest area and got shut down in time. I contacted Coach Net and was asked if I was in a safe location. I told them I was. They had a service truck come to me, within an hour, and replace my belt. All I paid for was the belt and the labor associated with changing the belt. There was no service call fee. I won't use anyone else besides Coach Net.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:27 PM   #27

Coach Net-YES.

Just had to use Coach net for the first time over the holiday weekend, flat tire. (have had them for 5 years) Called, took my info, said they would call back with details of who was coming to assist, 5 min. later they did. About 20 min. later Tire service was on scene. Coach net called again to confirm service was on site. All were easy to deal with and professional (Pomps Tire Service). Paid for tire - service call was paid by Coach net. Easy - professional - satisfied. Wife saw how it works and commented that she feels safer knowing 'IF' something happens, and I'm not along for the trip, she can call Coach Net for help. Worth having? YES it was!
Old 06-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #28

Extender warranties

Let me give you my experiences. First, do your home work and research.
We purchased are 2007 Allegro Busin January 2017 from a dealer here in Houston Texas. It was a Good Sam's warranty that we purchased for $10,000 for 4 years. When I had an issue with the Oran gen. I took it to Cummings. It was a sensor. Now the fun part. We had a $250 deductible.
When i picked up the coach, they informed me that I owe $950. I asked what was the extra charge. They said their hourly rate was $185 per hour. Good Sams pays only $100. I am responsible for the difference plus my $250 deductible. Was I shocked. Upon returning home I went through all of the extended warranty information. Their was nothing about the Hourly rate any where. Just some ones testimonial that these people only had to pay just the deductible. Also, the Good Sams extended policy sold at dealerships are done through a third party or as I say a broker that sells Good Sams extend warrantys.
Plus the dealership repair service didn't know of the different types of Good Sams. When they called the Original Sams, we were not listed with them.
Folks I have done more research and found not one extended insurance company mentions about the Hourly Rate . I had to ask them about it. Most of them couldn't give me an answer till they had to put me on hold or look it up.
When asked about the insured paying the difference, they say well, some repair shops will wave that extra charge.
I have had it happen twice to me. They others are all the same.
When the air bags went out 2 months ago, I called Good Sam's(the original) to see about towing to freight liner. After 20 minutes they said well, ah. we can't cover towing of that vehicle since it would have to put on a flat bed instead of towing. They would only pay $700 towards the towing. The cost for a flat bed towing was $3500 here in the Houston Texas area.
They in turned refereed me to a mobile RV tech. . After dealing with insurance company and order of the air bags( they are made by Firestone and come from Germany) We got them fixed and now traveling.
If you want more information let em know.
I will bend your ear on what i have found out and is happening in this Insurance FRAUD issue. I am still glad I have it but, the company's are not up front as well as the dealers i selling this to we newbies!
Also I have reported this to the Texas Attorney Generals office about the Hourly rate issue and not being forth coming Good Sams, Coach Net and the rest of them.
Good Travels, Good Roads and Happy Driving!!

Gary
afterfiveusa is offline   Reply With Quote