RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2017, 07:41 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Coach-Net vs. Good Sam

Which is best for those of you that have needed travel assistance....Coach-Net or Good Sam? It's time to renew for me and I just wanted some opinions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2017, 10:28 AM   #2

seeing that Good Sam is part of Camping World, run from them as fast as you can!!!!

allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:11 AM   #3

Are you asking about their roadside service plans or some other aspect? We received coach-net for one year when we purchased our new class a in December but have not used it. We tried getting our prior class c serviced at the local Camping World and we will never go there again so we will not use GoodSams service plan. We do use GoodSam Club for routing, reviews and discounts at their store and website.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:18 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Unless I've missed it somewhere in their literature: Good Sam doesn't offer 24/7 Tech advice like Coach-Net does. [says have certified techs; but no details] I've call C.N. line and gotten knowledgeable tech trouble-shooting advice on several occasions. Called towing twice and service assist once. Very pleased with their service in the 11 years that I've had so far.

FWIW: I wouldn't fault Sams just because of some affiliation with C.W. That's presupposition and downright irrational.IMHO. Put into real world parlance: just compare apples-to-apples; leave the sour grapes alone.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:44 PM   #5

We have Coach Net, but have never had to use them for towing or roadside assistance (knock on wood), but we have had to call them for technical support and they have been great.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:25 PM   #6

I have GoodSams. Our 33ft. Thor motorhome broke down just west of Amarillo, TX this past October and I called GoodSams for a tow and 90 minutes later the motorhome was sitting in the parking lot of Tri-State Ford in Amarillo.

I could not ask for any better service from GoodSams or Tri-State Ford. Ford dealer was open on the Saturday that I was towed into there dealership. They sent out a tech. to inspect the motorhome ( AC compressor had seized and had torn off supentime belt). They were able to order the parts required and allowed us to stay in our motorhome until it was repaired on the following Tuesday.
norml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:56 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Needed Good Sam's twice in 4 years and they let me down both times. Others have had better experiences but my two were not.
TnThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:54 PM   #8

We had to use Good Sam's twice for a dead battery in our car, after that they drop us and refunded our balance and was shorted.

John
2014 Tiffin 38AP
jhbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #9

Broke down with our 2007 Travel Supreme Limited in downtown Atlanta. We had Good Sams extended warrantee and Good Sams towing. After calling several times and waiting 8 hours we finally got towed to the Cummins dealer. Good Sams extended warrantee fought us every step of the way. They completely frustrated Cummins and ourselves. They did everything in their power to avoid having to pay the claim. I finally had to pay Cummins for the bill and then had to personally go after Good Sams. After getting the attorney General involved I was able to settle most of the billl. I still had to pay more than my extended warranty assured me that I would. I would never buy a GS extended warranty again. The service dealers hate them and some will even refuse you work if you have GS.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:44 AM   #10

I have had Coach Net for approximately 15 years, used them 4 times, service was excellent. I won't leave home without Coach Net.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
I have had Coach Net for approximately 15 years, used them 4 times, service was excellent. I won't leave home without Coach Net.
Being new to RVing, at least with a larger unit in which we're looking at now, this information is invaluable! Thanks!
Old 05-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Coach Net!!

burfurd
Old 05-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
We have had both and used both at one time or another. Both were adequate. You will find those who have had problems with either one and those who will praise either one.

Since they both use the same service providers, I personally think it's pretty much a toss up.

Ron

PS... Folks, it's just plain Good Sam. Not Good Sams or Good Sam's.
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #14

I have had Coach Net for 14 years. Used them one time for a 120 mile tow. I was pleased with the service provided.

gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote