Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2021, 10:04 AM   #1

Connecticut Motorcars and Coach for Tiffin repair

Has anyone used Conn. Motorcars for Tiffin repair. I have an issue with my Driver side slide out that is off center and to the end of adjustment. I don't know what it is going to involve. It is a 2022 32SA and under warranty. Davis in Memphis told me it would have to be repaired at Redbay. It should have never left the factory. I just don't know if I can spend weeks and weeks at Redbay. It seems that if I drop off at Redbay they get to it when they can. I am closer to Conn. Motorcars and it looks like they make appointments. I wondered if anyone has had experience with them and if they were satisfied with their work. I have some smaller issues to be repaired also but the slide is the big one. Any input would be appreciated. I am in north east Ohio and don't know of any reliable service centers any closer.
mikervet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2021, 06:19 PM   #2

CT Motorcars

I have used the 2X for non-warranty repairs.
Both experiences were exceptional.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:52 PM   #3

I had a windshield leak. They told me they might have to remove and reseal and there was also a risk of breakage. In the end they were able to remove the sealer where it was leaking and backfill to seal. It looks like it did when it left the factory and doesnít leak. I am very happy with their work. All coaches are inside a security fence and are attached to 50 amp power so you donít have to worry about batteries. The service manager also told me he speaks with Bob Tiffin several times a day so if they ran into an issue Iím sure he would get Tiffin on the line.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:32 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Used them a few times at the personal recommendation of Bob. Did a great job. My slide popped out driving down the highway and they had it fixed. Down falls are that it is hard to get an appt and not open on weekends. Bob told me he trusts them to do everything.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:30 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Connecticut Motorcars Experience

I've used them extensively over the past year for body/cargo door/slide out replacement/painting for my '19 Phaeton 40QKH. Also had them handle a warranty replacement of the transmission cooler that is normally serviced by Freightliner or Cummins. Brian, the GM was awesome to work with and very accommodating. Found them online after searching for places in the NE area for servicing Tiffin RV's. I live 2hrs away in MA., and would highly recommend. They are the Red Bay of the NE!
Rreset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:02 AM   #6

Ditto on all of the replies above.
I had a problem with my Schwintek large slide that kept hanging up. They redid all of it including improving the factory design so it glides smoothly over one continuous plate (not the two separate ones) and all is good. Had they replace a cracked windshield (Rock hit it) and everything is good.

Great people.

Jack
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, motor, repair, tiffin