Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Considering Allegro Bus 45LP

We are very seriously considering buying an Allegro Bus 45LP, 2014. Any experience or comments? Greatly appreciate any comments about Allegro or Tiffin products.
Thanks, Jim and Irene
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #2

I am not that familiar with Tiffin but I have researched Entegra and I think they are excellent. One of the big things I like about Entegras are the seamless windows and slides plus they have a ton of insulation.
jrs1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a 2005 allegro bus and love it. We were in Alabama this spring and visited the Tiffin Factory I was pretty impressed by the quality workmanship I saw going on
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs1958 View Post
I am not that familiar with Tiffin but I have researched Entegra and I think they are excellent. One of the big things I like about Entegras are the seamless windows and slides plus they have a ton of insulation.
Interior storage in Entegra is virtually non-existent. It's a well-built coach and "pretty" but overpriced and not for full-timers with all their possessions unless they don't have much and want to go to the basement for most everything. We looked VERY hard at the Anthem a year ago but when we started measuring the overhead cabinets we realized they were postage stamp sized. Newmar suffers from the same disease. When we put the actual tape measure to the cabinetry and calculated the interior cubic footage we were aghast. For interior storage it's gotta be a Winnebago or Tiffin, nothing else cuts the mustard.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
We have a 2005 allegro bus and love it. We were in Alabama this spring and visited the Tiffin Factory I was pretty impressed by the quality workmanship I saw going on
We are going to watch ours be built from start to finish. It's the best way to know where possible tie-in points in the walls are. We have even heard they will let you help in QCing your own rig - giving you a roll of tape to mark stuff that needs tweaked or repaired.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #6

Tour and Ellipse owners

I noticed a couple of post here about Tiffin. I also noticed the posters had late model Winnebago RVs. Is there a problem with the Tour or Ellipse. My wife loves the Winnebago and I love the Entegra. What say you?
ranbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:45 AM   #7

I own a Newmar Kountry Star but work on any/many brands. If I couldn't have a Newmar it would be a Tiffin. I can tell you Tiffin customer service and support is top notch in every instance I've ever had to work with them. We've had numerous customer's coaches in for warranty work and they never bat an eye at what we need to do to get the issue(s) resolved.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:29 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranbev View Post
I noticed a couple of post here about Tiffin. I also noticed the posters had late model Winnebago RVs. Is there a problem with the Tour or Ellipse. My wife loves the Winnebago and I love the Entegra. What say you?
We love our 2013 42GD coach. The floorplan is terrific. It is problematic that Winnebago places the fresh water tank directly behind the front axle - that REALLY eats into the front axle weight allowance because the fuel weight is there too and the riders weight is there too and then on our GD model the residential fridge is also there. That leaves little weight allowance for my wife's heavy (weight-wise) beading and crafting supplies. We have found that once we get fully loaded we are over the GAWR on the front axle. We are hoping that the adjustment that we are going to have made down at FREIGHTLINER in November will fix that problem.

For us however is the added problem that being full-timers with no sticks and bricks we have to take EVERYTHING we own with us. We do a LOT of church work with group called Sojourners (www.sojourning.org), so we have a TON (probably literally) of tools and power tools, etc. to carry plus a lot of bible class material (books and paper are heavy). We have virtually run out of storage space in this unit. The 45LP we are looking at has 40 cubic feet more storage space inside the rig. Plus the GVWR of the 45LP is 51600 which is 7000 pounds higher and the GAWR on the front axle is 16000 which is more than the 14600 on the FREIGHTLINER chassis family that they build most 42 foot RVs on.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
In response to ranbev's question:
I absolutely love my Ellipse 42G and am conflicted about the prospect of giving it up. However in addition to the weight problems Jim mentioned, I have a neuropathy in my feet and if they get the least bit cool they feel like they are freezing, this is starting to become a problem even in the summer! This is becoming worse and once it starts to feel cold it takes it a long time to feel normal even when my feet are not actually cold. One of the pluses in the Allegro Bus 45 LP, assuming we will get it, is that it has a heated floor. When we put it to the test at Lazy Days, they turned it on for us and I felt much better almost immediately when I took my shoes off and walked with just socks on my feet.
Assuming we do trade in our 42GD someone is going to get a really nice coach. We did have some factory work on it and the Winnebago service center did a nice job on the warranty work. I will be honest, I'm not sure I want to give it up. Probably my neuropathy will be the deciding factor for me. The numbers crunching is probably the deciding factor for DH. The limitations we have with the unit, will probably not apply to anyone else.
Irene
Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #10

I bought a 2013 Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
We are very seriously considering buying an Allegro Bus 45LP, 2014. Any experience or comments? Greatly appreciate any comments about Allegro or Tiffin products.
Thanks, Jim and Irene
I have a 2013 Allegro Bus. For the most part, I love it. I am having problems with the entertainment center controls, satellite, TV, DVD, & Sound Bar. It takes a minimum of 5 different remotes to operate the system. I have purchased 2 satellite dishes, 5 different controllers, and switched from Direct to Dish. Still cannot say there is a solution in sight. The Canadian manufactured Spider Controller cannot operate due to reflections and bounced signals. Simple tasks like turning a TV on or off results in one TV going on and the other off. Funny until 5th or 10th attempt, then very irritating. Same with changing channels or trying to get a guide. They have an issue but seem to ignore a solution.

Have a good servicing dealer nearby and meet the Tiffin service rep.

Still the most responsive Mfg I've ever dealt with.
LLease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=LLease;1700089]I have a 2013 Allegro Bus. For the most part, I love it. I am having problems with the entertainment center controls, satellite, TV, DVD, & Sound Bar. It takes a minimum of 5 different remotes to operate the system. I have purchased 2 satellite dishes, 5 different controllers, and switched from Direct to Dish. Still cannot say there is a solution in sight. The Canadian manufactured Spider Controller cannot operate due to reflections and bounced signals. Simple tasks like turning a TV on or off results in one TV going on and the other off. Funny until 5th or 10th attempt, then very irritating. Same with changing channels or trying to get a guide. They have an issue but seem to ignore a solution.

Have a good servicing dealer nearby and meet the Tiffin service rep.

Still the most responsive Mfg I've ever dealt with.[/QUOTE

Logitech Harmony remote control. has an rf reciever with IR channels to control IR devices. Has hundreds of brands and remote controls available to download into the remote if that does not work then you can program the remote control for the device by putting the harmony remote in front of it and then hitting all the functions of the original remote control. The Harmony has a separate screen for each device and when you select that screen the remote emulates the original remote control. This should solve any control problems you have with entertainment centers any where in your coach.

In my stick house I have my satellite dish reciever, dvr, surround sound reciever in a closet I use the harmony to control all of them plus the tv itself.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post

We love our 2013 42GD coach. The floorplan is terrific. It is problematic that Winnebago places the fresh water tank directly behind the front axle - that REALLY eats into the front axle weight allowance because the fuel weight is there too and the riders weight is there too and then on our GD model the residential fridge is also there. That leaves little weight allowance for my wife's heavy (weight-wise) beading and crafting supplies. We have found that once we get fully loaded we are over the GAWR on the front axle. We are hoping that the adjustment that we are going to have made down at FREIGHTLINER in November will fix that problem.

For us however is the added problem that being full-timers with no sticks and bricks we have to take EVERYTHING we own with us. We do a LOT of church work with group called Sojourners (www.sojourning.org), so we have a TON (probably literally) of tools and power tools, etc. to carry plus a lot of bible class material (books and paper are heavy). We have virtually run out of storage space in this unit. The 45LP we are looking at has 40 cubic feet more storage space inside the rig. Plus the GVWR of the 45LP is 51600 which is 7000 pounds higher and the GAWR on the front axle is 16000 which is more than the 14600 on the FREIGHTLINER chassis family that they build most 42 foot RVs on.
The 2013 QD does not have the galley in the front alleviating some of the weight issues noted. We full time in our 2013 QD and have no such weight issues. We have had 4 corner weigh and all is great. The GD is more front loaded.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post
the 2013 qd does not have the galley in the front alleviating some of the weight issues noted. We full time in our 2013 qd and have no such weight issues. We have had 4 corner weigh and all is great. The gd is more front loaded.
yes, that's true, but in our case also the qd not big enough storage wise. The 45lp has substantially more interior storage space than either the gd or qd. The qd is out for us (in and of itself) because the total lack of any long clothes hanging area. It only has the 2 wardrobes in the bedroom (on each side of the tv) and the oddball thing in back that is like a "here's some extra space - is it a linen closet? An extra closet? Or just a catch-all area?)
Old 09-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #14
MCA

2012 Allegro Bus

We have had our 2012 Bus since Sept. 2011. I have had nothing but problems with it. It was in Lazy Daze Tucson, Az for three months and at Tiffin in Red Bay for over 6 months. Every time I take it out it goes back to the shop. I talked to Mr. Tiffin and told him I had a Lemon. He said he would extend the warranty 6 months. Well this is not working for me. Every time it is in the shop it cost a fortune. Last trip the crown molding on the slide fell off while I was traveling. What a piece of junk. Their quality has really gone down. They sure look nice.
MCA is offline   Reply With Quote