Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
crazy or just really lucky

For all of you who read my post from yesterday, I forgot another important thing that I need help with. When we picked up the RV we got a total of two pieces of paper. Yes, I said two. One was the title, so we did get the important thing. They had no manuals, records of maintenance or anything else. The other was the paper that goes on the window with the list of things in the motorhome.

A little fishy, but they convinced my husband that would not be a problem.
Yeah, right.

It wasn't until we needed to know something. Lucky for us, Tiffin has someone to help in these situations. Kind of. We asked if they had a manual and they said they did. I think it was $25.00 and what a joke it was.

It turned out that we could find someone to help with the few things we either didn't know or needed help with. Nothing major. We really got a great motorhome and as I said in my previous post, everything is original. We did take out the old TV'S.

Now to the help we need. We would love to have a manual, if anyone has one laying around or any pertinent information on the 2003 Allegro BayDB. If more info is needed I can get it.

If we should decide to sell it, I don't know how many people out there are like us. All it takes is one.

Always enjoy the posts.
Norma and Don
O2BNMYRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BNMYRV View Post
For all of you who read my post from yesterday, I forgot another important thing that I need help with. When we picked up the RV we got a total of two pieces of paper. Yes, I said two. One was the title, so we did get the important thing. They had no manuals, records of maintenance or anything else. The other was the paper that goes on the window with the list of things in the motorhome.

A little fishy, but they convinced my husband that would not be a problem.
Yeah, right.

It wasn't until we needed to know something. Lucky for us, Tiffin has someone to help in these situations. Kind of. We asked if they had a manual and they said they did. I think it was $25.00 and what a joke it was.

It turned out that we could find someone to help with the few things we either didn't know or needed help with. Nothing major. We really got a great motorhome and as I said in my previous post, everything is original. We did take out the old TV'S.

Now to the help we need. We would love to have a manual, if anyone has one laying around or any pertinent information on the 2003 Allegro BayDB. If more info is needed I can get it.

If we should decide to sell it, I don't know how many people out there are like us. All it takes is one.

Always enjoy the posts.
Norma and Don
I have a 2005 37DB, and to be honest with you, the manual is a joke, like you said above. It is a generic manual, you do not need it. When I first got my RV I started reading through it, well its just not specific to a specific coach, it does show where the drain valves are, etc....

Your best bet is to download the manual you need for a specific appliance or item for your RV, an example, I have Power gear slides, so I downloaded the manual so I would know how to manual retract if necessary.

Hope this helps, and do not fret because you do not have the Tiffin Manual.

You do NOT need it.

If you have a specific question, just ask here on the forum, or you can send me a PM, although I am not an expert.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 2006 Allegro Bay 37DB and have the manuals. I have not read them all or even flipped all the pages. I have, on occasion, tried to find info on a particular item. In most cases the info is very generic or lacks any really useful info. Sometimes I find just what I need.

You can get along, for the most part, without the manuals but if you find something you need to understand better or just need more info on, an internet search on this site may be your best source. A general internet search may even get you a you-tube video...

If you have specific questions that need answers, a PM to me or anyone with a similar unit would most likely be glad to help as much as possible.

I have only called Tiffin once, and they were very helpful over the phone when I called.

I hope you get much enjoyment from your Allegro Bay. We have had ours 3 years and it has been almost trouble free.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:46 AM   #4

One thing to think about is finding a local rv tech that you like that is knowledgeable. I luckily have one where I live. RV's are not trouble free. If you use it alot, you will have several on going repairs. Good luck, Dave

P.S. No Camping World or big Dealers like Lucky Days.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:39 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Rather than trying to get the coach manual, I would suggest you look at getting the manuals for the major components. Engine, transmission, refrigerator, water heater, AC and thermostat, leveling jacks, etc. These usually are more detailed and will give you info on operation and troubleshooting.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Rather than trying to get the coach manual, I would suggest you look at getting the manuals for the major components. Engine, transmission, refrigerator, water heater, AC and thermostat, leveling jacks, etc. These usually are more detailed and will give you info on operation and troubleshooting.
Exactly right. I took the list of components installed, mine was in the rear closet, and went to each manufacturer's web site and downloaded the appropriate manuals. I keep all of them in a folder on my computer.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote