Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2022, 01:38 PM   #1

Creaking noise both sides of windshield. In Pillars

2012 Tiffin Breeze. Creaking noise in both sides of windshield. Sounds like the plastic covers over the pillars. Has anyone repaired this noise?. Thinking of drilling small holes and inject foam insulation. Any ideas?
Thanks Mike
65corvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2022, 02:24 PM   #2

It’s a very common sound. It’s the plastic dash components squeaking. I squirt a little wd40 or spray lube alongside the dash and sidewall. Helps for a few months until it needs more.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:02 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65corvair View Post
2012 Tiffin Breeze. Creaking noise in both sides of windshield. Sounds like the plastic covers over the pillars. Has anyone repaired this noise?. Thinking of drilling small holes and inject foam insulation. Any ideas?
Thanks Mike
Be aware that there is all kinds of wiring inside the covers on the pillars. Injecting foam could make it very difficult to trace or repair any wiring problems.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Be aware that there is all kinds of wiring inside the covers on the pillars. Injecting foam could make it very difficult to trace or repair any wiring problems.
Yes good point. There’s at least 2 looms and maybe 3 coming out of the side wall and going into the dash on the drivers side. Spray foam will do more harm than good once it’s get all over that stuff.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:52 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65corvair View Post

Thanks Mike

Believe it or not someone suggested Lemon Pledge furniture polish. I sprayed the edges of the plastic and wiped off excess. It worked!! Also used it on the rubber of a “T” top car and that eliminated the squeaks there as well. ?!
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:18 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Silicon spray will quiet the squeeks much better than WD40. Neither will harm anything.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #7

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the advice. I am not going to drill holes, now that I know wires behind covers. Will try lube this weekend drive. I hope its that easy.
65corvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:36 PM   #8

The SillyCone does work better than WD40. I use it on my Breeze also.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:22 PM   #9

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
We have similar noise in our motorhome as well. Never thought of these remedies. Great advice. Happy camping.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:27 PM   #10
CnG

Tiffin Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to CnG
Idea for 65 Corsair

I have a 2015 Allegro Open Road and had similar noises. My resolution was to take the upholstery caps off the front of the dash and replace the screws. I found two screws were broken and another had to be replaced. They were not holding the wood base under the dash which allowed it to move up and down.

I also thought it was in the pillar but found a post that directed me to the dash.

Hope this is not too late to help.
CnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:24 PM   #11
PKI

Had a slide rubbing and the noise made travel very unpleasant. Tried lube, looked for loose structure, verified the awnings were all secure .... over time, we found some scrub marks that were not initially observable.

As a resolution we purchased some teflon strip that is sold in rolls to be used as glider surface for drawers. We used double back tape to hold the teflon in place and like magic, the noise went a way.

So, you might be able to permanently eliminate your noise if the surfaces making the noise are isolated with a teflon barrier.

Note - a stethoscope might help you find the noise source. They are available at auto parts stores for a reasonable price. The one we purchased was less than $20.

The teflon strip was available at Rockler Wood Working and Hardware. It was about $50 for a 2" wide roll.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:30 PM   #12
PKI

There is a known source of squeaking noise that comes from window frames. The solution is to sandwich velcro loop strip material under the window frame to tighten up the frame to wall attachment. Velcro material is available in roll form from hardware and home improvement stores.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise, wind, windshield