Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 09:09 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Cup Holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjack View Post
These guys have some custom made options:
https://greatrvideas.com/products/tiffin-cupholder
Just ordered these for my Phaeton, and passed the URL on to the members of our local Tiffin Allegro club. Great information, thanks!
tebeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2022, 09:33 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Cup Holder

I ordered mine yesterday, and they have already shipped! Good service. I'll report on the fit when they get here. I let my Tiffin Allegro Club folks know and they are already ordering as well.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:49 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Cup Holders...update.

I ordered the cup holders from greatrvideas.com and installed just today. Perfect fit. The originals are screwed in, but the replacements are not, yet don't appear to need to be. Note in the photo I have the new one installed. The other new one and the old one side by side to show the comparison.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220531_083305[1].jpg
Views:	39
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	367045
Old 05-31-2022, 04:00 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1960 View Post
Just tried it again, I'm guessing it's because I live in Can. and when using DHL or UPS the brokerage fees can be crazy.
I’m guessing someone down here could buy it and send you a “gift.”

I have friends in Montreal and that happens often. Us “rich” Americans send lots of gifts.

Phil
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 04:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacraman View Post
I bought these. Easy to install and they work great.
I just received mine, easy to install!
Air-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:12 PM   #20

I don’t use coffee cups so the handle slot was unneeded for me. I was taking a woodturning class and made an insert to hold my Yeti.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13CF2AE5-CA8E-4608-9E80-FF77BFCA813F.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	367094  
Old 05-31-2022, 06:22 PM   #21

Purchased this on Amazon, works great.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752DZ1SB...2EYH2KPWE3Z2SW
Papa Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:40 PM   #22

I solved the problem the first day I had my coach. It's a rule either in my SUV, pick up truck and our coach. No drinks in glasses or open containers. If someone needs a drink I'll find a safe place to park and we can both or all have a drink and stretch our legs at the same time. I don't want spilled drinks on my carpeting in anything I own.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:01 PM   #23

Cup Holders

Go to greatrvideas.com they have exactly what you need!! I had the same frustration, these work perfect and are very easy to put in.
BB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 12:27 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebeall View Post
I ordered the cup holders from greatrvideas.com and installed just today. Perfect fit. The originals are screwed in, but the replacements are not, yet don't appear to need to be. Note in the photo I have the new one installed. The other new one and the old one side by side to show the comparison.

Attachment 367045
I wasn't impressed with his "customer service". Via the greatrvideas.com website I asked what the dimensions were for the cup holder. I wanted to be sure my DW's yeti would fit correctly.

His response? What do you mean by dimensions? Can't you see on my website a yeti in the cup holder?

Wow! I didn't realize yeti only makes one size cup. You would think I was asking for a trade secret. I sent a simple drawing showing width at top and bottom & depth at the "step" and total.

No response at all. I'll buy from someone who wants my business!
Old 10-01-2023, 08:54 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Cup Holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
I wasn't impressed with his "customer service". Via the greatrvideas.com website I asked what the dimensions were for the cup holder. I wanted to be sure my DW's yeti would fit correctly.

His response? What do you mean by dimensions? Can't you see on my website a yeti in the cup holder?

Wow! I didn't realize yeti only makes one size cup. You would think I was asking for a trade secret. I sent a simple drawing showing width at top and bottom & depth at the "step" and total.

No response at all. I'll buy from someone who wants my business!
Totally understand...however, are you cutting off your nose to spite your face? To my knowledge, he's the only game in town, so if you want deep cup holders you might want to bite the bullet. If you find another source however, many would like to know about it because he's often out of stock. I think he's a one man shop using a 3D printer. Almost made me want to buy a printer of my own.
Old 10-02-2023, 05:34 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebeall View Post
Totally understand...however, are you cutting off your nose to spite your face? To my knowledge, he's the only game in town, so if you want deep cup holders you might want to bite the bullet. If you find another source however, many would like to know about it because he's often out of stock. I think he's a one man shop using a 3D printer. Almost made me want to buy a printer of my own.
I understand DRM901, but I also understand your point. I'm stubborn when it comes to accepting what I perceive as being treated rudely. But usually, after some time stewing, I often come around to realizing e-mails and texts can be misconstrued in tone. Often, if the same words were spoken face-to-face, it wouldn't come across the same way. However, there are alternatives if DRM901 doesn't come around to the same conclusion. There are a few links above in this thread that look like great alternatives to me. As for me, after confirming my current cupholders, I plan to order two. Thanks for the intel.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 04:03 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
This thread has really gotten my attention. Like others, we believe that Tiffin's cupholders are way too shallow, but we have just tolerated it since we use them mostly for plastic screw-top bottles. Following an earlier suggestion in this thread, I decided to do a little GoogleFoo on "RV cupholders" just to see what is out there.

As already mentioned, there are plenty of options and I even got a return for an illuminated cupholder. That reminded my how nice the illuminated cupholders in our previous Anthem were, so I modified my GoogleFoo to "illuminated RV cupholder". I saw some very nice illuminated cupholders that I am now considering, especially since there are plenty of places to grab power on the pilot's and co-pilot's sidewalls. My biggest concern now is that I don't get ones that are so bright, they throw glare on the side windows.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote