Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2021, 01:11 PM   #1

Dash camera feedback

Looking to buy a dash camera for rv. Know the must have features, but curious if one needs blue tooth or WiFi. Believe I can get a very good camera for under $200. Would appreciate feedback on feedback on various models and what not to buy. Thanks in advance.
Tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2021, 08:34 PM   #2

I have 3 Apeman C770 4K resolution OLED screen cameras. They are the best in my book. I do not use the rear cameras that come with it. You can access the videos with your cell phone or tablet. They cost about $130.00 and their tech support is fantastic. I had a problem with the windshield mount, which was my fault, and they sent me a new complete camera free of charge.
Greg Findon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:51 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Rexing 4k dash cam

We've been using the Rexing V1 for about a year. It came with 2 mounting plates si I put 1 in the RV and 1 in our toad. I bought the hardwire kit for it so I could hardwire in the RV and use the cigarette lighter socket in the toad.. this also takes a 256gb micro SD card which is great so you get plenty of record time at 4k resolution. It cost $99 on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00X528F...H0KSZMC119GGHT

For $30 more they offer a rear camera with it too.
I would buy again. Good luck on your decision
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:56 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
I have had good luck with the Black Box dash cams. Only one out of four has gone belly up, but at about $55 each they are expendable.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:27 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought this:
APEMAN Dash Cam 1080P FHD DVR Car Driving Recorder 3 Inch LCD Screen 170 Wide Angle, G-Sensor, WDR, Parking Monitor, Loop Recording, Motion Detection

from Amazon for $45. Works great. The only little thing is since the coach windshield is pretty much vertical and not slanted like a car windshield, the lens touches the windshield. But, the video isn't affected at all. For the price you can't go wrong. I use the 12V plug. I have a high end camera for my truck that was several hundred dollars. I'll never spend that kind of money again on a dashcam.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Part Timers-Looking Fwd to being Anytimers
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvs4602 View Post
We've been using the Rexing V1 for about a year. It came with 2 mounting plates si I put 1 in the RV and 1 in our toad. I bought the hardwire kit for it so I could hardwire in the RV and use the cigarette lighter socket in the toad.. this also takes a 256gb micro SD card which is great so you get plenty of record time at 4k resolution. It cost $99 on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00X528F...H0KSZMC119GGHT

For $30 more they offer a rear camera with it too.

I would buy again. Good luck on your decision

I have the same camera and it works well. Bought both my daughters one for Christmas a couple of years ago. My oldest daughter was sideswiped about two months ago. Other driver blamed her on the police report, however when the police told him she had a dash camera and video of the accident he admitted fault. I think these are a must have these days.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:14 AM   #7

Asking for about everything. Hi quality multi-function forward dash cam....plus additional rear wireless camera. Plus a system that can be used as a security system when parked. Maybe two additional wireless cameras, one for each side. Probably have to be hard wired to coach batteries for endurance. Must also be able to make the coffee in the morning.
tundra9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, dash